Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Marauder - Why do i have to wear Robes?

Hey!

So, I am currently around level 40 with my main sith Marauder and i could go into the obvious class breaking flaws it has, but I am actually enjoying most of the game and have faith in Bioware to fix them.

But i have a big problem atm, why did suddenly all of the great STR legs turn into robes?
    Having played a druid in world of Warcraft for as long as i remember, I wanted to get away from robes and actually look like a really cool warrior.

But ever since early 30's every, and i mean every single piece of legs have been robes.
    The AH is no help, its the the most useless piece of...well...hopefully they will fix that as well.

Is this something that follows in the past 40's?
    Because I cant stand it much longer, and i would hate to survive the flaws of the class but to fall on it looking like sh*t.

Thanks, Night

Deleted
    you can just find a pair of modable legs thats not a robe and put your mods in that

10+ Year Old Account
    Well unfortunately, you may be taking the title "Warrior" a little too traditionally. In high fantasy settings, such as Warcraft or Lord of the Rings, a warrior is a plate wearing meat shield that lops things up with axes. In the Star Wars universe however, the Sith Warrior is a master of the force and Saber styles, much more about grace and skill than pure chaotic skull bashing and has almost always worn robes of some sort. Expect them to stick to this trend as I'm sure most of the fans of the franchise are going to prefer it that way.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Well unfortunately, you may be taking the title "Warrior" a little too traditionally. In high fantasy settings, such as Warcraft or Lord of the Rings, a warrior is a plate wearing meat shield that lops things up with axes. In the Star Wars universe however, the Sith Warrior is a master of the force and Saber styles, much more about grace and skill than pure chaotic skull bashing and has almost always worn robes of some sort. Expect them to stick to this trend as I'm sure most of the fans of the franchise are going to prefer it that way.
    Dont get me wrong, I like the more regal image of a Sith Warrior, or Sith Lord - but what they have is often a cloak that covers their heads and such and actual real leggings. Sure the emperor has had robes, but those who actually fought in the movies at least has a covering cloak and a normal dress.

You've honestly never seen a Samurai in robes? Or how about a Scottish or Irish Clansmen or the ancient Roman military...Spartans etc...Its defiantly a martial thing its just a matter of tastes..

You can always just get a piece that is modable and isn't a robe. I've had my robe since level 16 because of that.

You have other options aside from robes

Hmm maybe it's just Marauder thing because as a sentinel I haven't seen this at all... which seems like an odd choice to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shoulda gone juggernaut! We've got so much armor we look like robots. Also, class breaking flaws of marauders... lol...

I'm wearing pants on my level 50 marauder. I have like 3 or 4 others sitting in my bank, too. Also got like 10 robes. I vary my look depending on my mood, but haven't really changed it much lately since pulling out mods is insane at 50. There's plenty of moddable pants around you can use. And as a marauder, you can also steal moddable cunning pants and swap the mods to strength. I'm doing the opposite for Quinn. Cannibalizing one of my strength moddable pants for him to wear.

As for robes being a tradition thing, samurai didn't wear robes into battle. They wore armor that had pants. When they did wear robes, the legs were done in such a way to look like robes when they were standing still but were obviously pants when they were in motion. They didn't fight (regularly anyway) in kimonos. Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, etc all fought in what could be considered around knee length skirts. No one ever fought in ankle length dresses. You try moving in a skirt that long. You move too fast and your ankle gets caught in the fabric. Got a good wind going and you're guaranteed to be face planted during a fight due to your own robe. One minute you're clashing with the rival, the next you're nursing your twisted ankle with a sword at your throat. So the long robe idea for SWTOR was nice, but it's not really realistic. A metal piece that long is very unrealistic and a leather piece that long is just ridiculous. If anything, they should be skirts if they should be "dressy/robey".

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Hmm maybe it's just Marauder thing because as a sentinel I haven't seen this at all... which seems like an odd choice to me.
    Go run the first flashpoint for the republic, sentinel robe/cloak thing drops in there.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

Deleted
    You could always roll a female character and use the light armor republic dancer / slave girl outfit OR one of those cool light armor pilot sets. Who says you need medium armor? It's not like you'll need armor as marauder, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I didn't have robes on my sentinel I just wouldn't feel like a jedi at all. Call me a stickler for details but there it is.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Go run the first flashpoint for the republic, sentinel robe/cloak thing drops in there.
    Oh well that explains it... never saw anything good for me drop in there other than the lightsaber... I have bad luck in the flashpoints

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer using the moddable Imperial Agent armor and swapping in my Str/End mods. Then you feel like a super bad ass Officer boss.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe on Balmora(sp) the comm legs are not robes... as others have said you can get nonrobe gear and swap out the mods. I've done that for the first 30 levels until I got tired of my collar always going nuts in cut scenes (was like 8 feel long)

Jedi Knights have the same issue. I know a lot of people that just get Orange Moddable Trooper gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Shoulda gone juggernaut! We've got so much armor we look like robots. Also, class breaking flaws of marauders... lol...
    The class is so broken Annihilation is top 5 in terms of spreadsheet DPS and Carnage is top 9 lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsonia View Post
    The class is so broken Annihilation is top 5 in terms of spreadsheet DPS and Carnage is top 9 lol
    Don't forget annihilation's near absolute supremacy in pvp. The only thing even close is a pyrotech.