Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Don't forget annihilation's near absolute supremacy in pvp. The only thing even close is a pyrotech.
    Honestly, this only becomes somewhat true after you break the mid 40s... around the time you get your speed boost skill that consumes fury.

My jedi sentinel (republic equivalent) is in pants and a jacket with no hood, has been since I bought them and kept them upgraded.

You wanna talk robes try playing a SI / JC. Only way to wear pants on those classes is social gear!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    If I didn't have robes on my sentinel I just wouldn't feel like a jedi at all. Call me a stickler for details but there it is.
    basically none of the Jedi we see fight wear Robes in anything. There is a difference between a cloak and a robe

Robe:

Notice how the chest and legs appear as a solid peace that extends in full coverage down to the feet

What Jedi wear are cloaks over a tunic/leggings or armor

Notice how it does not connect across the body? This is so it doesn't restrict the range of motion like a robe does.

Jedi Do Not Wear Robes

Except for the Consulars, but they don't do the melee fighty parts, so they don't need the range of motion in their legs. But even Satele when fighting is in a shirt/pants combo.
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    basically none of the Jedi we see fight wear Robes in anything. There is a difference between a cloak and a robe

Robe:

Notice how the chest and legs appear as a solid peace that extends in full coverage down to the feet

What Jedi wear are cloaks over a tunic/leggings or armor

Notice how it does not connect across the body? This is so it doesn't restrict the range of motion like a robe does.

Jedi Do Not Wear Robes

Except for the Consulars, but they don't do the melee fighty parts, so they don't need the range of motion in their legs. But even Satele when fighting is in a shirt/pants combo.
    The only difference between a cloak and a robe is that a robe has sleeves. I mean, the guys in those pictures are all wearing bathrobes with out the belts.

If its any consolation you aren't the first class to have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Go run the first flashpoint for the republic, sentinel robe/cloak thing drops in there.
    Yeah, oddly their first fp seems to be easier to far for many good class items.

If your a female character and don't mind light armor, pick up some dancer bottoms :P
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Deleted
    That's a robe.

That's a robe.

That's a robe.

And this is also a robe: http://www.starwars.com/img/explore/...lationship.png

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    Don't forget annihilation's near absolute supremacy in pvp. The only thing even close is a pyrotech.
    All in all Marauder is one of the best classes in the game right now, to say it is broken is pure ignorance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alsonia View Post
    All in all Marauder is one of the best classes in the game right now, to say it is broken is pure ignorance.
    Probably THE best, at least from a pvp perspective. Insane survivability, incredible damage, and great mobility. Throw in some decent self healing, the game's only mortal strike, a ranged execute, and the game's only bloodlust type buff and you have a class that I can't imagine won't eat a massive nerf sometime in the next few months. The nearest comparisons I can think of are a subtlety rogue in pvp in 2.3 or an unholy death knight in season 5.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-03-04 at 02:31 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shaak Ti, Luminara Unduli, and Barriss Offee all wear robes. Shaak Ti only in some scenes, Luminara and Barriss I think always.
    You will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

So why, I ask, it just doesn't make much sense
    That a man of my stature should have to wear a dress

but yeah 15-50 is dress time, pve and pvp tier sets are pants again
    you can always try to get some cheap IA orange gear of the AH or with commendations you don't need anymore and get pants

Once you get to 50 and start getting tionese and columi gear they are pants.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    That's a robe.

That's a robe.

That's a robe.

And this is also a robe: http://www.starwars.com/img/explore/...lationship.png
    Actually the first ones there are cloaks, not robes. The main difference being that a robe functions more like a dress and restricts movement whereas a cloak does not.
    Robe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robe
    Cloak: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Actually the first ones there are cloaks, not robes. The main difference being that a robe functions more like a dress and restricts movement whereas a cloak does not.
    Robe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robe
    Cloak: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloak
    Did you even read the page you linked?

A robe is a loose-fitting outer garment. A robe is distinguished from a cape or cloak by the fact that it usually has sleeves.
    All of the images linked are, by that definition, robes.

The thing here is that a lot of the jedi in SWTOR also wear kilts/skirts or whatever you want to call them, where as, in all the images shown, they wear pants. They have big elaborate clothing on their torsos, and then simple pants, the same cannot be said in SWTOR, although I do like the armor in SWTOR personally.

Deleted
    One would think everyone has worn a bathrobe or a similar garment at least once in their lifetime and would thus recognize a robe when they see one, but since we're talking about the definition of a word, how about we shove Wikipedia where the sun don't shine, and take a look at an actual dictionary.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/robe

Definition of ROBE

1 a : a long flowing outer garment

That should about do it.
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2012-03-04 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    One would think everyone has worn a bathrobe or a similar garment at least once in their lifetime and would thus recognize a robe when they see one, but since we're talking about the definition of a word, how about we shove Wikipedia where the sun don't shine, and take a look at an actual dictionary.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/robe

Definition of ROBE

1 a : a long flowing outer garment

That should about do it.
    This is in line with my thinking. I've always called them, and seen them called, Jedi ROBES. Never seen someone say Jedi Cloaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish Sith Marauder armor looked more like Anakin's type of armor when he was turning dark, with the hood.

As said before, just find pieces of Heavy/Medium Custom armor that aren't robes (BH Aim for Heavy, Operative Cunning for Medium) and mod them with Strength and whatnot.

Those "non-robe" things that were posted look...pretty much exactly like a bath ROBE.