Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly Billybumbler...say works for the final robot boss of Colicoid War Games...he does a very similar ability and by running at a range you take practically no damage.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Am i not right in thinking that when you use your Neural Dart that it reduces the targets damage done for 15 seconds or something? thats worth mentioning if im right as it should be used on cooldown especially during boss fights

Ah just reealised its damage reduced to other targets other than you, lasts 6 seconds and reduces by 30% which i guess would be very useful for taunt immune mobs, the same also applys to the sonic missile btw
    Last edited by grenraven; 2012-01-05 at 03:15 PM.

Deleted
    I would suggest this would be a better pure tanking spec: db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/bounty_hunter/powertech/#::e2fe10fe2f2e2f2ef12ef9ef11

I don't understand why you wouldn't want the extra Endurance when threat isn't really an issue when using the correct attacks. It is nice to have boosted rocket punch damage, but i think more HP will be more useful to the raid than a little more threat on an ability that has a CD.

It is hard to say there is a powertech 'Rotation' because it is more of a cooldown management system, based around hitting Rocket punch and rail shot whenever you can, and maintaining combustion through flame burst or flame sweep, whilst keeping heat at optimal levels. I would also suggest that Unload is generally not an efficient use of heat based on the number of interrupts/stuns you seem to get further into the game.

The Flame Shield ability means we should be constantly be looking for proc's to enable us to complete another Rocket punch which is our best ability (and looks coolest!) The more rocket punches we complete the more threat we generate due to the Ion gas canister damage procs and the great front loaded damage from the ability - and its ability to DOT whilst we are inevitably stunned or knocked back etc!

As long as you are keeping heat below 40% for optimal regen and using the correct priority system you cannot go far wrong. I do find it is best to front load threat and then hit vent heat asap at the moment because you can guarantee the DPS will be blowing their DPS Cooldowns early as well so opening with death from above and some missiles as well as all the regular attacks before venting can keep you ahead of the crazy button mashers!

Priority of attacks:
    Rocket Punch
    Rail Shot
    Explosive Dart
    Heat Blast
    Flame Burst
    Rapid Shots

With Rapid shots becoming more important in the rotation the higher your heat gets.

Heat:
    0-20 Heat: 5HpS
    20-40 Heat: 4HpS
    40-60 Heat: 3HpS
    60-80 Heat: 2.5HpS
    80-100 Heat: 2HpS

We seem to be the best AOE tanks in the game and the spec really reminds me of Prot Pally tanking in WoW, but with more fun toys and much better ranged tanking ability. As far as i can tell there does not appear to be a positional requirement for dodging or shielding attacks so Flamesweep (+ Vent heat) spam AOE tanking really is great - just remember to throw down oil slick to reduce the large amount of incoming damage when tanking massive AOE packs.

My top tip for everyone is that when knocked back by a boss (and it happens a lot) it is well worth using grapple before using jet charge to close the gap - the grapple will not move the boss, but the high level of threat generated is very useful, and due the the minimum range restrictions grapple is not useful in normal situations.
    Last edited by mmoc8b856e7f64; 2012-01-06 at 09:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and that component is quite useful in pvp. You can taunt an enemy player and that player does reduced damage to everyone but you. I tend to use it a lot on mobs that i have threat established and they just randomly target someone or somewhere else.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good suggestions grintogg...i missed your post because it was not at the end...guess you must of edited one you previously posted.

Added your heat chart and modified the rotation a bit, i still feel unload is worth using because as it has been stated before it allows for dissipation while doing damage.

Also added your spec...i actually have been using this in game but i forgot to add it to the guide.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Are you sure that there is a 20-40 Heat: 4HpS bracket? for me it only shows as 0-40 5HpS, 40-60 3HpS, ...
    2. I don't agree with the common Shield > Def=Abs idea, you can read what i wrote on the topic on this post.
    3. Flame thrower does not suffer from spell pushback mechanics. As far as I have seen you always get the whole 3 ticks, it does much damage and costs low heat if you account for the heat reggen whilst it channels. The only real problem are knockbacks. I often use it for trash tanking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmi View Post
    3. Flame thrower does not suffer from spell pushback mechanics. As far as I have seen you always get the whole 3 ticks, it does much damage and costs low heat if you account for the heat reggen whilst it channels. The only real problem are knockbacks. I often use it for trash tanking.
    Yes flame-thrower is well worth using if the situation allows it. We're progressing steadily on Nightmare mode now (4/5 EV nerf Soas 200k mind traps!) and it really really helps if you can pull some nice dps while also tanking since they all seem to boil down to "Beat the Enrage!".

In fact in some cases I've even started using the Aim Stim and Power Adrenal to couple with Explosive Fuel. Tanking at the moment feels quite lively without any form of mods. Annihilation Droid for example has a nasty combo early on where he will Shockwave and instantly Sweep for serious damage, getting your cds right for it and saving the healers hassle is a biggy.

Also im changing my mind on Oil Slick and giving it some well deserved praise, with the pve set bonus you only have to go 40 seconds without it before you can put it down for another 20. Rotate this with other members -accuracy abilities and you really have the boss on the back foot.

Deleted
    Oil slick under annihilation droid during the missile barrage reduces the damage SIGNIFICANTLY. Make sure he is also taunted during this time to make the healers life much easier.

Edit: I should add this is on Hard mode, where we are staying out and dps'ing rather than hiding from the rockets - so raid damage is high and anything you can do to help the healers is going to help you get a kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry it has been a bit since i last updated...I have been in the process of house shopping and also moving grandparents to nursing home so i have been busy. I fully intend to update the OP some tomorrow while at work. Stay tuned.

---------- Post added 2012-01-17 at 06:48 PM ----------

1. Are you sure that there is a 20-40 Heat: 4HpS bracket? for me it only shows as 0-40 5HpS, 40-60 3HpS, ...
    I am not 100%, spent a little bit of time looking at it and i know for sure there are at least 4 brackets but I have been feeling off and couldnt find an area that i could really max heat without worrying about getting ganked (on a pvp server :P)

2. I don't agree with the common Shield > Def=Abs idea, you can read what i wrote on the topic on this post.
    Until we get mechanics to truly parse the data neither should be taken as word of god. I personally choose shield because damage is often what holds people back on kills and more shields should me more rocket punch.

I agree fully here and will update OP soon.
    Last edited by bloodwulf; 2012-01-18 at 12:50 AM.