Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Informative read on the delay of Diablo 3


  2. #2
    Came in expecting Korea. Expectations met.

  3. #3
    Ribbon Guru Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,551
    The real question in all of this Diablo 3 conspiracy stuff is... why does it really matter?

    The only reason I can think of is "I WANT PLAY GAME RITE NAO!!!11"


    Honestly though, they have no obligation (don't mention the annual pass - all it says is sometime in 2012) to release Diablo 3. I hope they resolve the Korea situation in January and release it in July just to spite the nonsense.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-12-31 at 05:02 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    The real question in all of this Diablo 3 conspiracy nonsense is... why does it really matter?

    The only reason I can think of is "I WANT PLAY GAME RITE NAO!!!11"


    Honestly though, they have no obligation (don't mention the annual pass - all it says is sometime in 2012) to release Diablo 3. I hope they resolve the Korea situation in January and release it in July just to spite the nonsense.
    Don't jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, it makes you look silly. It's a very source heavy, thought out and concise post, and you have no counter argument.

    Also maybe you don't care about the game almost certainly being delayed worldwide due a single feature in a single country that's fine, but alot of others do. I thought i'd get this out there-

  5. #5
    Question: Why isn't the game out if it's almost ready.

    Blizzard's response:

    "The game is obviously very close to being complete, no doubt.
    To me it's all in the definition of "game ready". Diablo III is playable from start to finish, there are no Acts yet to implement, and so on. All the classes are ready, all skills too.
    The fact that it is playable, however, does not make it "ready" to our eyes.
    I understand that in the Beta can not be noticed, but there are parts that are benefiting much from this extra time available"

    what ^ means:

    "YES YES YES YES YES THE GAME IS READY BUUUUUT THE MARKET FOR IT ISN'T! so we gonna delay it suckers~"

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    Question: Why isn't the game out if it's almost ready.

    Blizzard's response:

    "The game is obviously very close to being complete, no doubt.
    To me it's all in the definition of "game ready". Diablo III is playable from start to finish, there are no Acts yet to implement, and so on. All the classes are ready, all skills too.
    The fact that it is playable, however, does not make it "ready" to our eyes.
    I understand that in the Beta can not be noticed, but there are parts that are benefiting much from this extra time available"

    what ^ means:

    "YES YES YES YES YES THE GAME IS READY BUUUUUT THE MARKET FOR IT ISN'T! so we gonna delay it suckers~"
    Only, no, that's a very vague response, and you're seeing what you want to see.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 12:12 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Don't jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, it makes you look silly. It's a very source heavy, thought out and concise post, and you have no counter argument.

    Also maybe you don't care about the game almost certainly being delayed worldwide due a single feature in a single country that's fine, but alot of others do. I thought i'd get this out there-
    Immediate and unnecessary antagonism inspires a lot of confidence.

  7. #7
    You ignored the most important part, Sushi:


    there are parts that are benefiting much from this extra time available
    Deadlines are like the pirates code: it's not so much rules as, say, 'guide lines'. Game is done when it's done. I, for one, am happy to wait until it receives the Blizzard Stamp of Approval, though I do such waiting with bated breath.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    You ignored the most important part, Sushi:



    Deadlines are like the pirates code: it's not so much rules as, say, 'guide lines'. Game is done when it's done. I, for one, am happy to wait until it receives the Blizzard Stamp of Approval, though I do such waiting with bated breath.
    scroll up read caiada's post she typo my post with yours " there are parts that are benefiting much from this extra time available " - talk about vague right?

    i think its a very valid reason they are delaying the game because of the korean accident but come on honesty pwease? what kind of a dumb ass (except the 2 posters above) don't know their reason for delaying? i wouldn't be so peeved if they admitted it but instead covering it with ' SUPER SECRET UPGRADES or NUCLEAR ATOMIC BUGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED '? you 2 gullable or stupidity or both?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    scroll up read caiada's post she typo my post with yours " there are parts that are benefiting much from this extra time available " - talk about vague right?

    i think its a very valid reason they are delaying the game because of the korean accident but come on honesty pwease? what kind of a dumb ass (except the 2 posters above) don't know their reason for delaying? i wouldn't be so peeved if they admitted it but instead covering it with ' SUPER SECRET UPGRADES or NUCLEAR ATOMIC BUGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED '? you 2 gullable or stupidity or both?
    This was kind of hilarious.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    This was kind of hilarious.
    Do you have a point to make in this thread? Seems not

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Don't jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, it makes you look silly. It's a very source heavy, thought out and concise post, and you have no counter argument.
    I'm sorry but this makes it obvious you have no experience with conspiricy theories at all. They are all heavily sourced, thought out and have no counter argument. It is just that the sources are very minor discrepencies in official documentation, the thought is fantasy laden and the counter arguments are dismissed as sheeple thinking.

    I'm not close enough to this story to say one way or the other, but reading that post is much like reading a Truther's website, no offense intended.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    scroll up read caiada's post she typo my post with yours " there are parts that are benefiting much from this extra time available " - talk about vague right?

    i think its a very valid reason they are delaying the game because of the korean accident but come on honesty pwease? what kind of a dumb ass (except the 2 posters above) don't know their reason for delaying? i wouldn't be so peeved if they admitted it but instead covering it with ' SUPER SECRET UPGRADES or NUCLEAR ATOMIC BUGS THAT NEED TO BE FIXED '? you 2 gullable or stupidity or both?

    And exactly how ignorant or "stupitity" are you? Wasn't it only around two weeks ago that they made some rather significant changes to the whole crafting thing? Oh, I'm sorry, I'm getting facts all in the way of your paranoid fantasy world. My bad.

  13. #13
    Ribbon Guru Simca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Don't jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, it makes you look silly. It's a very source heavy, thought out and concise post, and you have no counter argument.
    I'm pretty sure that is true of every conspiracy theory. The problem is they don't have anything to rely on besides circumstantial evidence. You can string together dates, events, and vague statements made by officials and make ANYTHING look true. Of course I don't have a counter argument; he has presented the dates, events, and vague statements in an excellent manner. It still doesn't prove anything.

    Personally, I think there's probably a 10% chance he's totally right, a 50% chance Korea is a small to medium part of it but not anywhere near as much as people think, and 40% chance he's totally wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    Also maybe you don't care about the game almost certainly being delayed worldwide due a single feature in a single country that's fine, but alot of others do. I thought i'd get this out there-
    Alright, let's make the assumption I do care about the Diablo 3 release date (in reality, I do as well - it looks awesome).

    Now, empowered with this completely flawless definitely-not-circumstantial evidence, what do I do?
    Answer: Wait for the game like everyone else.

    Let's assume it is correct. Let's assume that Blizzard higher-ups made the financial calculation that a worldwide launch would outweigh the losses from a release delay (highly unlikely, by the way - I imagine even a month of revenue from the RMAH for Blizzard would help them more than a simultaneous launch). What are you supposed to do - boycott the game? The people who really care in the first place are the ones obsessed with the release date, going crazy over every piece of Diablo 3 news, so that option seems somewhat unlikely to me.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-12-31 at 07:09 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

  14. #14
    Bloodsail Admiral Failmuffins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,149
    So, all I got out of this is that Diablo III is delayed to make the Korean rating boards happy.

    Ok? Why's this such a big deal. This guy makes it seem like this giant conspiracy that Blizzard is trying to shuffle under the rug. I don't give a damn if it were delayed because of tweaks, or because of this: it's the same in the end, and there's nothing malicious in their reasons. Just silly regulations.
    Last edited by Failmuffins; 2011-12-31 at 07:53 AM.

  15. #15
    Actually, the really hardcore people waiting for D3 have pretty much stopped giving a damn at this point, since it's been delayed like eight times solid now.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


  16. #16
    Moderator Shamanic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cardiff, Wales
    Posts
    10,945
    All his posts are well written, and come with a lot of backed "evidence", which half the time is completely fake (not in this post, but in the past, that has been proven, MoP Blizzard executive letter for example, which he faked himself), and the other half is extremely subjective and making assumptions. Go to half the conspiracy theory sites on the internet and you can find very convincing evidence about terrorism and politicians and aliens and vampires and all sorts of quite frankly, loony stuff. Doesn't make it true but some of it is VERY convincing with evidence and all. Most people are so suckered in by the fact that he seems intelligent that they don't really stop to consider his past history and all of the other blog posts on there.

    Maybe it is true, I really don't know. I do know, that he is well known for crazy conspiracy theories and most well known at the moment for fake evidence about MoP, and has been ranting about the RMAH and D3 and Korea for 6 months so it's just a bit old and boring now.

    Even if it were all true, and D3 was being held back for a worldwide release including a release in Korea. It doesn't matter. That's not a conspiracy. That's not news worthy. I personally don't think it's true, but if it was, I wouldn't care.... half of the conspiracy is making it out to be such a massive OH MY GOD deal when whatever financial or legal reasons may be in part, affecting a game release really doesn't matter.
    Moderator of Professions & Garrisons | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

    Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

  17. #17
    High Overlord swdan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Kyiv
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by SushiBarrel View Post
    GAME IS READY BUUUUUT THE MARKET FOR IT ISN'T! so we gonna delay it suckers~"
    this.

    its pure marketing move. to max the sales

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulpei View Post
    I'm sorry but this makes it obvious you have no experience with conspiricy theories at all. They are all heavily sourced, thought out and have no counter argument. It is just that the sources are very minor discrepencies in official documentation, the thought is fantasy laden and the counter arguments are dismissed as sheeple thinking.

    I'm not close enough to this story to say one way or the other, but reading that post is much like reading a Truther's website, no offense intended.
    No, this isn't something dreamed up. There are facts in the post, facts. Translations from other Battlenet websites, it's obvious. You obviously never read it.

    ---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 01:28 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I'm pretty sure that is true of every conspiracy theory. The problem is they don't have anything to rely on besides circumstantial evidence. You can string together dates, events, and vague statements made by officials and make ANYTHING look true. Of course I don't have a counter argument; he has presented the dates, events, and vague statements in an excellent manner. It still doesn't prove anything.

    Personally, I think there's probably a 10% chance he's totally right, a 50% chance Korea is a small to medium part of it but not anywhere near as much as people think, and 40% chance he's totally wrong.



    Alright, let's make the assumption I do care about the Diablo 3 release date (in reality, I do as well - it looks awesome).

    Now, empowered with this completely flawless definitely-not-circumstantial evidence, what do I do?
    Answer: Wait for the game like everyone else.

    Let's assume it is correct. Let's assume that Blizzard higher-ups made the financial calculation that a worldwide launch would outweigh the losses from a release delay (highly unlikely, by the way - I imagine even a month of revenue from the RMAH for Blizzard would help them more than a simultaneous launch). What are you supposed to do - boycott the game? The people who really care in the first place are the ones obsessed with the release date, going crazy over every piece of Diablo 3 news, so that option seems somewhat unlikely to me.
    Going with the counter argument thing. He used some facts in his post. Translations from other Battlenet and Korean sites are not circumstantial and not opinion. It's down to you to give an argument to why his logic isn't sound.

    Why did Morhaime go to Korea urgently and then the next day personally post the news items about Diablo 3 being delayed. He's never ever done that before. Coincidence? ok.

    Why was the game that was going to be released in November 2011 suddenly not deemed finished? Why do they now have months to touch up and add features? What was the delay? Coincidence i guess.

    Why does every announcement coincide exactly with the GRB announcements? again i guess conspiracy.

    It's easy for you to dismiss it like that, where you just can't. It totally makes sense to some people, why doesn't it make sense? I guess you just believe Blizzard that the game is delayed due to bug fixes and the like.

    I assumed people would want honesty from their company. I guess you people who have posted mostly don't give a shit that you are almost definitely being lied to, for months. The fact is if Blizzard was honest there would be a backlash of customers angry that Diablo 3 is delayed for one country. Simple as that really.

  19. #19
    but you know what I find funny? face it they are gonna make most of the money from the RMAH yes? we can all agree to this? delaying it for about another 6 months, can that 6 months worth of Opportunity cost of profit made via the rmah milked from usa/china/oceania/and anywhere else besides korea (where it dosen't get released till later) cover "not deliverying the game to the world at the same time"? should be able to right? but apparently it can't? this is really the only pint of reason or fact I will believe that the game is not ready, cos clearly if they delivered the game now they can make "a-lot".

    Not my intention to discuss RMAH here nor have I played the beta, but to all those people who think no one is gonna use it and stick with the gold AH? please check out the screenies in the RMAH, there is a tab called ' gold ', regardless if you don't wanna sell epic depic balistic legendary items for 1 dollar US cos its a total jib in how much dough you have to rip off before it gets into your pocket? selling and buying gold via the RMAH will solve this problem simply because of the stack-ability of the 'content'

  20. #20
    We don't know if there is any opportunity cost, they don't either. Nothing like the RMAH has ever existed before, expecting to make money off of it is foolish.
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •