Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    First post of this page, brosephiroth.

By the way, OP, the article you link only has the number 270 million in it, the context to which it's used is completely different from what your edited Wikipedia article claims.
    I fail to see how that post attacks WoW. It merely points out that WoW didn't start off as a giant, and it took time to build up it's playerbase, which is true.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 01:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lt-Taco-Salad View Post
    Oh, woops. Meant to quote EALouse, wrong article url. /facepalm

htt[REMOVE]p://ww[REMOVE]w[REMOVE].1[REMOVE]up.[REMOVE]c[REMOVE]om/n[REMOVE]ews/ea-louse[REMOVE]-blows-lid-old-re[REMOVE]public-budget-warhammer-failure [REMOVE]
    EALouse? You mean the guy who was laughed out several months ago if not a year ago?

Seriously OP, I'm not even going to bother fucking around with another link full of [REMOVE] just to see what you're trying to prove. You're trying too damn hard. Hell, you edited damn wikipedia. It's getting desperate, just stop.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh, woops. Meant to quote EALouse, wrong article url. /facepalm

htt[REMOVE]p://ww[REMOVE]w[REMOVE].1[REMOVE]up.[REMOVE]c[REMOVE]om/n[REMOVE]ews/ea-louse[REMOVE]-blows-lid-old-re[REMOVE]public-budget-warhammer-failure [REMOVE]
    You realize that's EA Louse, an unconfirmed anonymous person claiming to be an employee, right? He was laughed out ages after he was outed.

Give us real sources or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I fail to see how that post attacks WoW. It merely points out that WoW didn't start off as a giant, and it took time to build up it's playerbase, which is true.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 01:35 PM ----------

EALouse? You mean the guy who was laughed out several months ago if not a year ago?

Seriously OP, I'm not even going to bother fucking around with another link full of [REMOVE] just to see what you're trying to prove. You're trying too damn hard. Hell, you edited damn wikipedia. It's getting desperate, just stop.
    Don't look at it. The people who will look at it will see an EA employee with insider knowledge showing us the numbers behind SW:TOR. Ignore my source, but if you do, DON'T ATTACK MY ARGUMENT THAT BUILDS OFF OF IT.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 05:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    You realize that's EA Louise, an unconfirmed anonymous person claiming to be an employee, right? He was laughed out ages after he was outed.

Give us real sources or shut up.

That is a real source, and there is no need to introduce ad-hominems into the discussions. He remains anonymous so he is not held responsible for outing corporate secrets, which is a legal offense.

Don't look at it. The people who will look at it will see an EA employee with insider knowledge showing us the numbers behind SW:TOR. Ignore my source, but if you do, DON'T ATTACK MY ARGUMENT THAT BUILDS OFF OF IT.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 05:37 AM ----------

That is a real source, and there is no need to introduce ad-hominems into the discussions. He remains anonymous so he is not held responsible for outing corporate secrets, which is a legal offense.
    EaLouse has as much credibility as you do, editing wikipedia. It's pathetic the lengths some people will go to - including you - to try to fuck people around. Yeah, I opened the EALouse link, but it's not the first time I've read it. That was posted a year ago, on a blog. There was never any confirmation that it was real.

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

two things

1. LT you edited a wiki page to back up ur troll it has been proven its not a source if ur the one who made it
    2. a mod needs to ban the troll and close this thread
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account

It's on the Internet, therefore it's true? Unless the guy actually proves anything he claims, that's not a real source. I can create a website and claim I used to work for EA as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    two things

1. LT you edited a wiki page to back up ur troll it has been proven its not a source if ur the one who made it
    2. a mod needs to ban the troll and close this thread
    Whatever, keep running from the truth. A well-structured and reasonable post, and fanboys still try their best to tear it down. Your kind are the PRIME REASON why I can not wait for this game to go F2P and eventually close all servers. God speed.

15+ Year Old Account
    It most certainly is not a real source. There are no documentations, there are no verifiable forms of evidence. It's hearsay and conjecture and all 1up was doing was relaying the blog. If I made a blog and said they spent 400 million USD on it, I'd have precisely as much credibility as that.

Edit: And for the record, I bought it & have extreme buyers remorse. I can't stand the animations and it's not an MMO as much as it is a coop RPG. But the one thing I hate the most are unverified sources being paraded as facts.

Whatever, keep running from the truth. A well-structured and reasonable post, and fanboys still try their best to tear it down. Your kind are the PRIME REASON why I can not wait for this game to go F2P and eventually close all servers. God speed.
    *You edited a wikipedia page to try to prove your point
    *Your wikipedia post was even wrong, as you made a false date of September 14
    *Your source for your wikipedia edit is a blog written by a disgruntled unidentified person

Just quit. Who the hell edits wikipedia pages? It's laughable, you honestly should be ashamed. I remember editing Shaq's page when I was 14 years old.

Deleted
    Op?

gtfo of mmo champ. Now.

And 1/10 on trolling attempt.

Shows how little you realy know cause A i quit playing wow cause of cata and B i dont even play Tor but i have liked what i seen ur some guy that came in with a name that is as stupid as the first post you made. eather your realy bored or lonely trolling on a site. also like another person said if its on the internet it dosent make it true Tor has more subs at release then any mmo to date even wow so untill at lease 2 months is up u cant calm anything will happen to it.
    now as i said befor a mod should close this thread and ban the troll cause its clear hes here just to do that.

PS: when you have to edit a wiki page to fit your argument then you should get help
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2011-12-31 at 05:49 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    *You edited a wikipedia page to try to prove your point
    *Your wikipedia post was even wrong, as you made a false date of September 14
    *Your source for your wikipedia edit is a blog written by a disgruntled unidentified person

Just quit. Who the hell edits wikipedia pages? It's laughable, you honestly should be ashamed. I remember editing Shaq's page when I was 14 years old.
    That was the funniest thing, to me. He knew it wasn't a correct source, so he made up a fake investor's call & date just to give it credibility. It's hilarious.

Not to mention the EA Louse part stated 300 million, nothing about 270 million, whereas the joystiq post he most definitely read incorrectly stated 270, the exact amount he used in the false wikipedia edit.

Dur.

ok guys this is very simple..when is the EA q4 conference call? This works just like Activi/Blizz they have to report the EXACT number of subs. We will know then. These silly threads gave me a headache in Rift and it has not changed watching TOR>

Its a game..... if you don't like it then don't play it, many people are enjoying it and not caring about this crap. If you are playing it then GTFO, servers are full. =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    That was the funniest thing, to me. He knew it wasn't a correct source, so he made up a fake investor's call & date just to give it credibility. It's hilarious.
    Not only that, but he actually edited his false info into a wikipedia article, because if it's on wikipedia it's automagically true and will immedietly convince anybody.

I can not wait for this game to go F2P and eventually close all servers.
    Already knew this just from reading the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Not only that, but he actually edited his false info into a wikipedia article, because if it's on wikipedia it's automagically true and will immedietly convince anybody.
    It wasn't false info, go look at the dang citation presented in the form of foot notes in the section.

Not one post in this thread is attacking WoW. Please leave that out of here.
    Lead to...

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    First post of this page, brosephiroth.
    Top of page 2, actually. Apparently we can't have a mature discussion about SW:TOR without bringing in WoW.
    =

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    Wow didn't launch with 10 million users......It built over time...So your post is irrelevant...
    That's an "attack"?

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    ok guys this is very simple..when is the EA q4 conference call? This works just like Activi/Blizz they have to report the EXACT number of subs. We will know then. These silly threads gave me a headache in Rift and it has not changed watching TOR>
    This is arguably the most sensible post within the thread. I am very confident that the q4 conference call will lift the curtains on this game. We'll see then.

15+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't false info, go look at the dang citation presented in the form of foot notes in the section.
    There IS no citation because the paragraph was already removed, hilariously enough. Plus you didn't even provide a citation in the proper format, last time I looked.

What was the source, then? You've linked two things: one being completely misconstrued, the other being absolutely unverified.