Thread: Dungeon finder.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Hey For starters This is a Swtor Thread, And your talking about pvp when im talking about dungeon finder, so stop.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 07:31 AM ----------

No it hasnt the que times are still bad, here is what is causing them, the dungeons are harder and longer, near end of wrath dungeons were short 5-10 min ques and 15 min dungeons in out loot, and ppl would run again because they werent tired, now ppl burn out in a few za zg's less burn out however in the new 5mans and im glad for that.
    Other people mentioned pvp so i was just replying to that. Anyway I would welcome the dungeon finder in SWTOR.
    Since it is a thing that makes grouping easier.

No it hasnt the que times are still bad, here is what is causing them, the dungeons are harder and longer, near end of wrath dungeons were short 5-10 min ques and 15 min dungeons in out loot, and ppl would run again because they werent tired, now ppl burn out in a few za zg's less burn out however in the new 5mans and im glad for that.
    It doesn't sound like you've played WoW in a while. Queues are quicker now. The new dungeons are shorter and easier.

Deleted
    oh how I don't miss the days of /who 34-37 "hi, wanna go x dungeon? can you heal/tank"? and once the long ass time of finding people was done you and the other poor fucker got to run halfway across azeroth with no mount to summon people, community my arse, taking ages just to assemble a group and get to an instance does not build as much community as you would like to think.

Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    oh how I don't miss the days of /who 34-37 "hi, wanna go x dungeon? can you heal/tank"? and once the long ass time of finding people was done you and the other poor fucker got to run halfway across azeroth with no mount to summon people, community my arse, taking ages just to assemble a group and get to an instance does not build as much community as you would like to think.
    thats hardly over, sadly I was minding my own business fishing in zangermarsh at 4am for the last fish for my achievement, and I got a whisper;
    "YOU COME BLACK TEMPLEZ???"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    It doesn't sound like you've played WoW in a while. Queues are quicker now. The new dungeons are shorter and easier.
    In the very post your quoteing me on i said the 3 new 5 mans are faster thank goodness.
    Yet the problem of giving a tank and healer free loot for not playing with friends is bad.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 08:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    thats hardly over, sadly I was minding my own business fishing in zangermarsh at 4am for the last fish for my achievement, and I got a whisper;
    "YOU COME BLACK TEMPLEZ???"
    Im on Zangarmarsh too sorry if it was me who called you.

Hehe I meant the zone not the realm

10+ Year Old Account
    Hehe I meant the zone not the realm
    Dang and here i thought i had a new friend.

Dang and here i thought i had a new friend.
    we're not friends? *teary eyed lip wobbling*

10+ Year Old Account
    we're not friends? *teary eyed lip wobbling*
    Only if you tell me what your avatar pic is and who drew it.

I remember when LFG was first introduced in WoW. It was great for the first week or two, after which it quickly became obvious that it was one of the worst things ever added to the game. It felt like turning on godmode in a game you've played for a long time -- it's great first, but the game quickly loses all meaning afterwards.

Lets not kid around, I remember back in TBC when I was lucky to get one heroic dungeon group in an evening when I first started doing them. However, by being nice to people and pulling my own weight I collected a list of friends that I could use to assemble a skilled group quickly. I still remember particular great runs both in TBC heroics and in vanilla instances, precisely because it took an effort to actually beat them. Now you just push a button and get teleported to an instance with 4 other people that you don't know and will never see again, just to rush through the place in silence if you're lucky or watch your group disintegrate amid a torrent of obscenities if you're not. An utterly unmemorable, boring, grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFD sounds great on paper but it's cancer in an MMO. Late in an Xpac, roughly where WoW is now, it works fine. During leveling and when a game or Xpac is new, it breeds laziness and antisocial behaviour.

It also kills the world but in SWTOR's case, the world is 9001 different instances so people are pretty rare to see anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Random dungeon finders and raid finders in an MMORPG do nothing but destroy the MMO part of the game. Wow sucks ass as a "single player " game. , I would imagine most mmorpg's suck without the mmo part. One I hope like hell they keep out of swtor. I'm finally enjoying an mmo again . I'd hate to have to quit because of them putting in a LFD/ LFR.

I would support Dungeon finder in SW:TOR, but only SAME SERVER.

Cross-server is what destroyed WoW community with Dungeon finder, not just dungeon finder in general.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Skullcrack View Post
    I remember when LFG was first introduced in WoW. It was great for the first week or two, after which it quickly became obvious that it was one of the worst things ever added to the game. It felt like turning on godmode in a game you've played for a long time -- it's great first, but the game quickly loses all meaning afterwards.

Lets not kid around, I remember back in TBC when I was lucky to get one heroic dungeon group in an evening when I first started doing them. However, by being nice to people and pulling my own weight I collected a list of friends that I could use to assemble a skilled group quickly. I still remember particular great runs both in TBC heroics and in vanilla instances, precisely because it took an effort to actually beat them. Now you just push a button and get teleported to an instance with 4 other people that you don't know and will never see again, just to rush through the place in silence if you're lucky or watch your group disintegrate amid a torrent of obscenities if you're not. An utterly unmemorable, boring, grind.
    Finally someone understands me, Marry me?

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 10:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    LFD sounds great on paper but it's cancer in an MMO. Late in an Xpac, roughly where WoW is now, it works fine. During leveling and when a game or Xpac is new, it breeds laziness and antisocial behaviour.

It also kills the world but in SWTOR's case, the world is 9001 different instances so people are pretty rare to see anyway.
    A cancer most foul indeed.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 10:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Katt View Post
    Random dungeon finders and raid finders in an MMORPG do nothing but destroy the MMO part of the game. Wow sucks ass as a "single player " game. , I would imagine most mmorpg's suck without the mmo part. One I hope like hell they keep out of swtor. I'm finally enjoying an mmo again . I'd hate to have to quit because of them putting in a LFD/ LFR.
    I totally agree with you on this, finally the last four ppl are replying with the same idea as me.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 10:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Azidonis View Post
    Just say NO to dungeon finder.
    We could do advertisements for mmo developers in the same sense as Say no to drugs.
    This is your mmo, this is your mmo on dungeon finder.

Something to find groups in SWTOR would be nice. Today to find a tank for a flashpoint I resorted to flying to 2 different world to ask there before finally finding one. We had two good runs after that though and had a good time but it is quite a long process sometimes.

Oh and this was during peak times on a high population server...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    Something to find groups in SWTOR would be nice. Today to find a tank for a flashpoint I resorted to flying to 2 different world to ask there before finally finding one. We had two good runs after that though and had a good time but it is quite a long process sometimes.

Oh and this was during peak times on a high population server...
    The heavy instancing does really impede the natural process of literally, "looking for a group."

I really hope they dump that system before going the LFD route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    The heavy instancing does really impede the natural process of literally, "looking for a group."

I really hope they dump that system before going the LFD route.
    Not trying to nay say here but I haven't had any problems as of yet. General is always full of people lfg.

Quote Originally Posted by TheConsumer View Post
    Also on the 5 day AV's those weren't epic those were bad design , why should any battle last for 5 days? what is the point in fighting it if nobody wins (note that most people don't care about HK farming or waisting hours on 1 bg).
    Ohh but they would if the reward was big enough for it, sadly so few people play MMOs for the actual game these days instead of the rewards.

Edit: It's partially Blizzards fault as well, rewards are given way to easy and as such the whole game is made to 'rush to the end', back then you had a purpose to do the long AV games as kills mattered, rep mattered and winning wasn't the ultimate reward that it is now.
    Last edited by Redblade; 2011-12-31 at 11:04 AM.

I wonder, if there are 7 people of similar level and same class in manual LFG, whom you would choose?