Thread: Fallout 4

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Fallout 4

I have been seeing so much about skyrim since its release, i was wondering what everyones thoughts were on Fallout 4 with the skyrim engine.

personally i cannot wait for this game, skyrim is epic but the new fallout..mmmmmmmmmm

I hope they take it in a bit different direction than just futuristic Skyrim.

I've always preferred Fallout over Elder Scrolls, so hopefully it'll still have the Fallout feel to it. I wouldn't want it to be a futuristic Skyrim, else I'd just play Skyrim. But I'm definitely looking forward to hearing more about it. Not sure if I would get it right off the bat, as I do not feel as though my last few Bethesda purchases were worth the release price. Depending on how good it looks, I might wait until the price goes down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking forward to it.

I'd like to see more expansion on the Brotherhood of Steel and perhaps see them play a larger role in the game's storyline. I hated New Vegas because of how alienated the brotherhood felt in that game. I mean come on, the power armor of the Brotherhood is the ironic picture behind Fallout. Personally I'd love to see the storyline advanced from about 50-60 years after the events in Fallout 3. The world is in recovery, the DC area has been largely rebuilt and is under the control of the Brotherhood. The world has been broken down into 3 different sects, super mutants, the enclave and the brotherhood. The 3 factions are in a civil war that rages across the once United States and Canada.

The story would take you from different major cities that were under attack from different factions, to perhaps helping wasteland style areas that still stuck without proper food and water, trying to recruit new members. Basically a second civil war, but with rogue super mutants. They could also allow you to pick which faction you start off in, perhaps different stories if you're enclave or brotherhood. It would be awesome.

Deleted
    I really enjoyed Fallout 3, but was not impressed alot with New Vegas hopefully Fallout 4 does not disappoint.

It would be cool if u saw what was going on in maybe a different part of the world, presumably the war/fallout was everywhere. I liked 3 + new vegas but new vegas was slightly annoying to me because u have to play through 4 different storylines and u cant just continue into one from another and u have to restart without any of your things. I did it and really enjoyed everyones storylines, but I would much prefer the fallout 3 model of being able to go through everything the first playthrough. Either way when a bethesda game comes out im like...TAKE MAH MONEY

cant wait for fallout 4

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    im with you guys, i hope its not a futuristic skyrim, but this engine in the fallout universe is going to be amazing, imagine something similar to dragons, i mean not a complete ripoff but maybe every once in a while a vertibird airdops some troops in to fight you, just random cool stuff like that, and hell you know we are gonna be allowed to dual wield machetes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirinya View Post
    I really enjoyed Fallout 3, but was not impressed alot with New Vegas hopefully Fallout 4 does not disappoint.
    I really enjoyed New Vegas and couldn't even get into Fallout 3 after playing it:P NW offered so many new features and improved graphics that I just started to miss them too much, closed it and went back to NW.

Anyway, Fallout universe and games are good but Elder Scroll ones are much better. Unfortunately Skyrim didn't get many of New Vegas' features like different body parts or hardmode or addictions but it's still a very good game and I'm looking forward to it's expansion much more than Fallout 4 in all honesty.

I absolutely cannot wait for a Fallout 4 game. I *love* Fallout 3, NV disappointed, and even the mighty Skyrim doesn't match Fallout 3, imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epec View Post
    I'd like to see more expansion on the Brotherhood of Steel and perhaps see them play a larger role in the game's storyline. I hated New Vegas because of how alienated the brotherhood felt in that game. I mean come on, the power armor of the Brotherhood is the ironic picture behind Fallout. Personally I'd love to see the storyline advanced from about 50-60 years after the events in Fallout 3. The world is in recovery, the DC area has been largely rebuilt and is under the control of the Brotherhood. The world has been broken down into 3 different sects, super mutants, the enclave and the brotherhood. The 3 factions are in a civil war that rages across the once United States and Canada.

The story would take you from different major cities that were under attack from different factions, to perhaps helping wasteland style areas that still stuck without proper food and water, trying to recruit new members. Basically a second civil war, but with rogue super mutants. They could also allow you to pick which faction you start off in, perhaps different stories if you're enclave or brotherhood. It would be awesome.
    You are simply amazing. That is such a fantastic idea. <3

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Anyway, Fallout universe and games are good but Elder Scroll ones are much better. Unfortunately Skyrim didn't get many of New Vegas' features like different body parts or hardmode or addictions but it's still a very good game and I'm looking forward to it's expansion much more than Fallout 4 in all honesty.
    Skyrim and Elder Scrolls in general doesnt make sense with targetting body parts and such. It's not Fallout, there's no VATS. I just don't see how they could incoperate that style into Elder Scrolls whatsoever, it'd take away from it. Addictions would be interesting.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rulk View Post
    Skyrim and Elder Scrolls in general doesnt make sense with targetting body parts and such. It's not Fallout, there's no VATS. I just don't see how they could incoperate that style into Elder Scrolls whatsoever, it'd take away from it. Addictions would be interesting.
    I never used VATS in New Vegas either but still liked to shoot people in the foot to slow them down or when sniping, target the head. Why wouldn't this work in Skyrim? I mean, if a guard is coming at you too fast, why not shoot him in the knee with some arrows? Or when sniping, target the head, especially if the target isn't wearing a helmet.

Deleted
    I love both Fallout 3/ NV and Skyrim, both got great points and good games in their own rights. I'm really looking forward to Fallout 4 - although still got so much to discover from Skyrim, there's no rush for me... I think that the Skyrim engine will definitely bring good improvements.

Deleted
    I cannot wait for the announcement, the Fallout series of games are right up there in the top three for me and I've played every game they ever released (Even BoS on PS2... Urgh).

Just a few thoughts on the previous expansions seeing as this has been discussed in this thread: Personally I liked the setting of FO3 way more than I did the Mojave Wasteland in New Vegas, but I am always more inclined to play in urban settings, no matter what game I play. I didn't like FO:NV a lot when I first got my hands on it, I actually put it down after some hours of gameplay. I didn't get that feeling of "I am lost in a broken world, trying to live off scraps, fighting off mutated horrors and having to be very conservative with what I shoot and when I shoot it"

I returned to it months later and finished it. I actually went above and beyond finishing it because that game has a plethora of awesome special events, great writing (compared to FO3) and made some serious refinements to combat (melee especially) that I just can't go back to the clunkiness of FO3.

If I could have a game with the graphics of Skyrim, "feel" of Fallout 3 and the same attention to writing, with epic, amusing or downright scary random encounters, refinement and storyline as Fallout: New Vegas - I'd play that game all day, everyday. I've already sinked more than 200 hours into New Vegas and roughly 150 into FO3. More if you combine my playtime in Fallout, Fallout 2 and BoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading the replys....... gotta tell you FNV beats F3 ANY FRIKKIN' DAY
    So why, I ask, it just doesn't make much sense
    That a man of my stature should have to wear a dress
    I mean what, may I inquire, were you thinking on that day
    When you conjured up for a man like me a robe that looks so gay

There is no Skyrim engine. It is the improved fallout 3 engine. See animations, ragdoll, character models, flames and so on. But I am looking forward to seeing a Fallout 4 !
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Fallout 4 - yes.Another game with Gamebryo - NO,NO,NO !!! The engine is outdated.Starting with bland, low res textures, missing DirectX 11 features, using only a part of your rigs performance and loading screens, god those eternal loading screens... There are tons of flaws Gamebryo has but most people overlook them.Imo next Bethesda RPG should use a completely new engine, something for NextGen consoles.

I will never understand people who like Fallout 3 more than NV.Fallout 3 has so many misconceptions about Fallout universe, just to name one : Power Armor. In all previous Fallout games person requires special Power Armor Training in order to use it, and it wasnt a case in Fallout 3.Player got it handed over to him, while Power Armor supposed to be something very rare in Fallout universe, and only someone who achieved a LOT is allowed to use it.Even in Fallout Tactics : Brotherhood of Steel only veterans are granted Power Armor training, recruits wear something more common.This was one of the things which got fixed in NV and i loved it.

Deleted
    Hopefully it will be more like FO3, i really disliked all the spirit and stuff in FO:NV dunno why it just all felt to comic to flashy and wrong. FO3 really got me for its sad desperated atmosphere.

So i just look forward to another FO3 setting. I dont care about mechanics you can just take the FO:NV mechanics and stuff, just let alone not the setting! Keep it simple postapocaliptic!