Deleted

The kid succeeds: Bastion sales exceed 500K

It's been a critical success and now developer Supergiant Games has revealed Bastion is also a commercial success. The recent Steam and Xbox Live Arcade sales helped to push Bastion over that 500,000 mark, the developer's blog states.

"When we set out to make Bastion, a sales number like that seemed astronomical to us, so it feels great to have hit that mark," creative director (and Bastion writer) Greg Kasavin said. "It goes to show that a lot of folks out there like what we're doing and want us to keep going, which is great, because we intend to stick together as a team and do just that." Considering the universal praise for the studio's first game, we can all agree that's a very good thing.

Deleted
    Well deserved! Didn't think I would really like it, bought it anyway at a sale, and absolutely loved it!

That's very good news. The game certainly deserves it. I wish that there were more people who knew about it or were willing to try it. When it first came out, I hardly heard anybody talking about it at all!

Deleted
    Sure it deserves the shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Was looking at this game and admired the art a bit, but it just didn't look like it was a title that would appeal to me. Perhaps I will give it chance when I get some spending money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well deserved indeed, it also got like 60 awards.

It's one of the most polished games of 2011, it should have more sales IMO.
    Last edited by inux94; 2011-12-31 at 04:10 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    A game like Bastion should've went beyond that. Guess it wasn't on the hype train like Skyrim and MW3 and such. What a shame that games like Bastion go unnoticed by so many people.

Bastion is wonderful
    Game of the Year

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aman08 View Post
    A game like Bastion should've went beyond that. Guess it wasn't on the hype train like Skyrim and MW3 and such. What a shame that games like Bastion go unnoticed by so many people.
    lol the hype train? you think the first modern warfare or elder scrolls got hyped? it took them years to build up their audience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by undercovergnome View Post
    lol the hype train? you think the first modern warfare or elder scrolls got hyped? it took them years to build up their audience
    Yeah, the hype train. I wasn't posting about how long it took those games to become super-hyped, I was posting about how Bastion should've reached sales number like Skyrim because it's fresh, amazingly scripted with gorgeous graphics and has phenomenal gameplay. Not to mention the narrator is spectacular.

Hopefully if they make a Bastion 2 it goes beyond 500k and then some.

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

15+ Year Old Account
    I bought it but have yet to play it! Shame on me! :////

Deleted
    I bought it on the 75% off sale a couple of days ago and I've played about 2 hours. It's an awesome game!

Also number one game of 2011 for Totalbiscuit.

bought the game for Xbox beat it the first week, loved it to death and just heard of DLC (and what Microsoft did) planing to buy it of PC more money goes the Super Giant Games and Microsoft doesn't get my dollar ^^ (I'm that vindictive)

narrator is awesome btw :P (anyone who muted him I suggest you play through it with it on)

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I bought it on the 75% off sale a couple of days ago and I've played about 2 hours. It's an awesome game!

Also number one game of 2011 for Totalbiscuit.
    my game of the year as well (but I'm not an internet celebrity for a niche audience... yet :P)
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2012-01-01 at 03:58 AM.