[Help] Display Driver Failures, Random Lines in Games

Hello everyone,

I recently build myself a PC with the specifications below;

* ASUS P8Z68-V LE Intel Z68 Soket 1155 DDR3 2200MHz (O.C.) SATA 3.0 DVI&HDMI
    * ZOTAC GTX560 GDDR5 1GB 256Bit Nvidia GeForce DX11
    * AOC 23" E2343Fs LED Display
    * GSKILL 8GB (2x4GB) RipjawsX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V Dual Kit Ram 1
    * COOLER MASTER HAF 912 PLUS GX 80PLUS 750W MidT ATX
    * WD 3.5" 1.5TB Caviar Green SATA 2.0 64MB Cache intellipower Harddisk
    * INTEL Core i5 2500K Soket 1155 3.3GHz 6MB Cache 32nm
    * Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Now here is the problem;

It is all sunshine and rainbows while i am watching a video, or browsing the web. When I start to play a game, be it Skyrim or League of Legends, there starts to appear random lines in the screen like the 3d textures are degenerated, and sometimes worse.
    - Skyrim does not even start. In the menu I see these line problems, when I start a game It do not even load; instead shut down giving the "Display driver Windows Kernel stopped working"
    - For league of Legends and Assassin's Creed Rev. Those texture degenerations and lines keep appearing. For example desmond's arm textures will stick to his body and create long pyramid like textures.

I several times re-installed the drivers, with the proper way of uninstalling and re-installing them, used physx particle fluid demo to stress out the video card but had no problems with...

I would really like to solve this today so I can try it a little bit. Thanks in advance, sorry If I failed in grammar, quite pissed off right now=)
    I participated in the legendary BACON thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    That wouldn't work, Orc's and Human's have a different number of chromosomes.
    WoW: The only fictional world where chromosomes matter.

Almost certain that the card is physically broken. Broken or overheating.

Try something like Unigine Heaven to stress test the card for real if it handles intense DX11 accelerated games and run MSI Afterburner (beta, not release) on the side to see what kind of temperatures the card goes to.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

hmm.. tried that, no overtemperature, around 45 celcius. but it crashed the minute rendering finished and animation kicked in. If it is a physical problem i will have to find time and replace it:/ any other ideas? could it be driver related in any way?

You've stated that you've reinstalled the drivers multiple times, have you tried older drivers? The latest beta drivers? If they all fail, then I have to agree that either A) the card is physically broken or B) the power supply is messing things up. I'm leaning towards the video card.

I had a gtx 460 with the same problem, and there are literally thousands of posts about GTX 400-500 series cards on the forums about this same error. I recently bought a GTX 560 and have no issues playing swtor/wow watching movies for a week straight.

I would have the card replaced and see if you can get a non-faulty one. A lot of people think it is the drivers fault but I am now running on the same drivers I had before and its working fine. So I'm not sure what it is... I'm not sure how reliable ZONTAC is either... i had a PNY i think and now have a different brand.

Cooler Master GX series of PSUs are known to be kinda crap and 750W model will work reliably only up to about 550W but that shouldn't be the problem for you.

I'd say 90% sure the card is broken and need to be replaced, 10% for the PSU and 1% for software issue.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Trying older drivers now. If problem persists, gonna change to same model with Asus brand in monday. Electronics.. y u always fail!?

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbur View Post
    Hello everyone,

I recently build myself a PC with the specifications below;

* ASUS P8Z68-V LE Intel Z68 Soket 1155 DDR3 2200MHz (O.C.) SATA 3.0 DVI&HDMI
    * ZOTAC GTX560 GDDR5 1GB 256Bit Nvidia GeForce DX11
    * AOC 23" E2343Fs LED Display
    * GSKILL 8GB (2x4GB) RipjawsX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 1.5V Dual Kit Ram 1
    * COOLER MASTER HAF 912 PLUS GX 80PLUS 750W MidT ATX
    * WD 3.5" 1.5TB Caviar Green SATA 2.0 64MB Cache intellipower Harddisk
    * INTEL Core i5 2500K Soket 1155 3.3GHz 6MB Cache 32nm
    * Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Now here is the problem;

It is all sunshine and rainbows while i am watching a video, or browsing the web. When I start to play a game, be it Skyrim or League of Legends, there starts to appear random lines in the screen like the 3d textures are degenerated, and sometimes worse.
    - Skyrim does not even start. In the menu I see these line problems, when I start a game It do not even load; instead shut down giving the "Display driver Windows Kernel stopped working"
    - For league of Legends and Assassin's Creed Rev. Those texture degenerations and lines keep appearing. For example desmond's arm textures will stick to his body and create long pyramid like textures.

I several times re-installed the drivers, with the proper way of uninstalling and re-installing them, used physx particle fluid demo to stress out the video card but had no problems with...

I would really like to solve this today so I can try it a little bit. Thanks in advance, sorry If I failed in grammar, quite pissed off right now=)
    From my experience over the years I have had 2 cards fail like this, one was over heating the other the memory had failed on the board. Personally I think its the card. As a test I would ask try it with multiple games if it does this with all 3d game rendering then its pretty much the card at fault.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Thanks for the insight people. Tried Revelations right now, no lags, no fps loss, just the lines time to time.. Not sure what that means, but i suppose i will have the card replaced anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumbur View Post
    Thanks for the insight people. Tried Revelations right now, no lags, no fps loss, just the lines time to time.. Not sure what that means, but i suppose i will have the card replaced anyway.
    It's usually a problem with the graphics card memory. RAM on the card gets corrupted with random crap which gets drawn among the correct 3D objects. So little memory is used on Windows desktop that it's not noticeable, but when whole RAM of the card gets used it occasionally hits the broken sector. That PhysX demo probably dont use the full RAM of the card either, just stress the GPU with math.
    Trolling should be.

It seems so. Let's hope the company will not cause me any trouble with the replacement...