Deleted

Help me manage my grandpa's iPod without iTunes

Is it even possible? My grandpa's got an iPod and his computer knowledge is nothing. Na-da. He barely knows how to create a new folder in Windows. So he's got an iPod. By God, shoot me. I and me grandpa don't WANT iTunes, you stupid thing. GAAAH

Right, I've got a mp3 file I want to put on the thingy. I've managed to open the iPod as a hard drive on the computer and I've managed to access all the music on it. I drag the mp3 file to the Music folder and let it be there. The iPod still keeps saying "Do not disconnect" for some odd reason - apparently trying to synch with iTunes, which again, doesn't exist on our computer. So first question: Is it possible to disable the auto-synch with iTunes without using iTunes?

Deleted
    Just use it and don't be awkward? lol

Deleted
    No you can't. It's just the way it's designed and it works fine in my opinion

iTunes on Windows is steaming pile of crap and the only reason why I would not recommend getting iPod as an mp3 player regardless of all of the upsides. But since you have one already, iTunes is the best way to control it. Some other media players such as WinAmp has some limited functionality to sync with iDevices, but my iPod broke years ago and have no personal experience of how usable those workarounds really are.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I much agree with the poster above, iTunes is garbage on a windows machine (it's slow, conflics to much with other media players and is all in all has very poor file management unless you purchase everything from iTunes). In my experience however, using and iPod with out iTunes (which is possible with other programs) is more of a headache than dealing with iTunes on a PC.

Wouldn't jail breaking help?

Not sure (but I;m interested in it as well) because from little of what I know the whole idea of jailbreaking your Ipod was to get rid of the annoying things.

The only reason why I didn't go for another PMP was that the only PMP that could do everything but wasn't crap was the Ipod touch. All android PMP's are crap and either just as expensive or even more expensive then the ipod touch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Wouldn't jail breaking help?

Not sure (but I;m interested in it as well) because from little of what I know the whole idea of jailbreaking your Ipod was to get rid of the annoying things.

The only reason why I didn't go for another PMP was that the only PMP that could do everything but wasn't crap was the Ipod touch. All android PMP's are crap and either just as expensive or even more expensive then the ipod touch.
    Perhaps it's a ipod nano or shuffle.