Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Spine Tendon - SP macro

Hi, I'd love some help with a macro please. I'd like to macro /tar whateverthespinetendon'sname followed by /cast shadowfiend and /cast Dark Archangel (if the names are wrong, it doesn't matter now). But what I want to do is to spam this macro right before the tendon appears and ONCE I've been able to target the tendon and not before, then release the shadow fiend and get my wings. Is this possible? I hope you understand my poor english...

btw Happy new year!

Needs more complicated logic than what is available to macros.

not possible, you would have to wait for the tendon to appear before you spam the macro. or you will cast those spells before the tendon shows up. you cant' delay a cast based on a target.

Deleted
    Ok, I was expecting answers like yours but I had to ask it. Ty both

couldn't you do a /castsequence [@tendon] sw:p, shadowfiend, dark archangel? the sw:p should prevent you from using the other skills before you dot up the tendon.

Has anyone had any luck even targeting it with a macro?
    /target Burning Tendon
    Doesn't seem to work.

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    /target Burning Tendon
    Doesn't seem to work.
    /targetexact Burning Tendons

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayken View Post
    /targetexact
    what does the "exact" part do?

Rule of Thumb: If the healer's HPS is higher than your DPS, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    This week "/tar burning" worked fine for me. The week before, it mostly didn't work and I targeted with a click on the tidy plate. Seemed to me they fixed the issue.

And to the OP: to spam the macro, you can make it something like this:

/tar burning
    /cast [button:2] shadowfiend

So you can spam left mouse button and as soon as you see the tendon in your target.. click right mouse button.

Happy new year to all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by UunaPriest View Post
    /target Burning Tendon
    Doesn't seem to work.
    Odd... I use a macro of /tar burning and I haven't had any issue with it not targeting it as soon as the tendon pops up.

You could try the following, though it may not work if you have bloods up, not sure.

/cleartarget
    /targetexact Burning Tendon
    /stopmacro [noharm][noexists]
    /cast Archangel
    /cast Shadow Fiend

Why are you trying to AA before applying dots?
    Sfiend MS MS SWP VT DP AA MB FLAY FLAY FLAY MB FLAY FLAY FLAY MB SWD SWD ~24-26 worth of casting.

Quote Originally Posted by Strykie View Post
    Why are you trying to AA before applying dots?
    Sfiend MS MS SWP VT DP AA MB FLAY FLAY FLAY MB FLAY FLAY FLAY MB SWD SWD ~24-26 worth of casting.
    best leave the advice to people killing it on normal mode

Deleted
    /cleartarget
    /targetexact Burning Tendons
    /castsequence Archangel, Shadowfiend
    /cast Mind Spike

worked for me on a training dummy. pops arch first, then shadowfiend, then it just mind spikes since both the CDs are on cooldown.

edit: be sure u have 5 stacks required for archangel otherwise it eff*s up

(it might not be spammable)

perhaps something like Temsen said is required for it to be spammable.
    Last edited by mmocabf581c484; 2012-01-01 at 12:02 AM.

Deleted
    Thank you all. Brusalk, your macro works pretty good. Just one flaw. We must type ". Shadow Fiend" togheter, Shadowfiend. After this fix, it works all right. Thanks!

Why would you want to mind spike spam it when you have both 5 stack Evang, and an ES running before the burning tendon comes up? That's kind of a bad part of the fight to decide you want to lose DPS

Quote Originally Posted by hikamiro View Post
    Why would you want to mind spike spam it when you have both 5 stack Evang, and an ES running before the burning tendon comes up? That's kind of a bad part of the fight to decide you want to lose DPS
    Because taking the time to reapply the DoTs is lower burst DPS, especially as you can't damage the tendon once it dives again.

Do as much damage in as short amount a time as you can? That's Mind Spike spam, with boosted Mind Blasts, especially with Archangel up.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-01-03 at 09:19 PM.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Irisel View Post
    what does the "exact" part do?
    Say you have a DK named Deatharthas and you're in a raid, you know that there is noone else close named something with death because it's the worlds most boring thing to have in your name ever.

Then you can write /tar death and get target on the DK.
    Typing /targetexact death would not do anything.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 10:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    You could try the following, though it may not work if you have bloods up, not sure.

/cleartarget
    /targetexact Burning Tendon
    /stopmacro [noharm][noexists]
    /cast Archangel
    /cast Shadow Fiend
    Don't think that will work as [noharm] would indicate that there are no tentacles alive either.

Deleted
    Without 4set is AA-MS-MB spam better than AA-DOTS-MF spam? The tendon is up for roughly 23 seconds as I recall.

well it clears your target, and iirc targetexact won't target anything if it fails to target something exactly matching it's argument. Thus [noexists] checks the existance of the target, and since it has nothing targeted, it passes the noexists check and it stops the macro there. If it doesn't pass the noexists check, it means it successfully targeted the burning tendon, and then carries on with the macro on each button press.

If anything, the [noharm] is redundant and can be removed.

---------- Post added 2012-01-04 at 01:31 AM ----------

I highly doubt that it is better without 4set.