Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    I don't know how people find questing in TOR hard. I find it incredibly easy and fast, even specced Medic, going full dps and rarely (if ever) healing myself or my companion. The only time I die is when I get distracted and charge into a group of mobs on low health. You don't need to eat or drink either, your self heal takes only few seconds to get you back to full, it costs nothing and has no cd. Mobs are mostly stationary with very few patrols and it's hard to pull more than one group at once. Really, it's nothing like TBC, where if you pulled two Bonechewer orcs in HP, you were dead. Some Heroic-4 quests can be hard, though.

Flashpoints start with story-heavy faceroll Black Talon, ant they become harder and less story based as you level. Later ones are definately harder than WoW levelling instances, but once you figure out the bosses it's usually a flawless kill. Depending on your group, they may require cc. Also, as a healer I have stealth and sap-like ability which is refreshing.

Vanilla raiding was "hardcore" as it was 40man. I don't think anything compares to that. Seeing as the raids are already cleared I dont think they require some hardcore gear or consumable farming.

World PVP is sadly nonexistent in leveling zones.

There are no reputations to grind.

Also, making money seems really easy, even with nerfed Slicing. You can usually afford mounts and ship upgrades at their required level. Nothing like vanilla WoW where you had to grind endlessly for your level 60 mount.

Deleted
    It is nothing you may compare: Like everybody who ever played WOW has an improved playerskill compared to the moment he played vanilla. That's like next to every vanillaencounter, which once was challanging, is trivial for everybody who played wow for 3-5 years now ..

SWTOR is definetly more hardcore, when it comes to encounters.
    In SWTOR raidorganisation is prolly a lot less hardcore, because raids are smaller and gaming is taken much more serious by many ppl.
    SWTOR leveling is more challenging but less hardcore: "No Run around the whole world to earn 99 XP"-quests, but several class-/soloquests where it is possible to die, if you aren't aware.
    SWTOR is less hardcore when it comes to farming/professions.

I think the definition of "Hardcore" is very vague amongst people.. Things were only hard in BC or Vanilla because guides and strategy's were scarce. Things now may seem easier but that's only because we have so much access to the information we need to be able to do the encounters properly granted the correct people are in the group and can handle not being ignorant.

Also, if A new and upcoming MMO like SWTOR wants to be successful they have to make it playable by "casuals". People aren't going to stay subscribed to a game that they cannot play and have fun in.

The main thing that i really like is the heroic 2-4+ quests. The group quests make the world feel alive when you and a couple people go in to face a pretty tough boss and getting randoms helping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythion View Post
    I've been a hardcore player for a long time and dragon soul just didn't do it for me, the 8 regular bosses are incredibly easy and looking for raid makes it even more easy/boring. From what i've heard swtor is alot like vanilla in the hardcore department, is this true?
    I take it you're in a 8/8HM guild? Because if you didn't notice, there're 3 difficulties in WoW now:

1) Name: LFR
    Actual Name: Retard-friendly

2) Name: Normal
    Actual Name: Easy Mode

3) Name: Heroic
    Actual Name: Normal Mode

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalis71 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br1hXGXJ7Tg

just look at this video.The guy opens his bags and clicks his spells, keyboard turns in a world first and you're calling it more complex? lol you must be trolling
    Ascent is pretty cool I heard : )

This game is more like tbc imo

Vanilla is not hardcore

Its like 85% hardcore of chocolate.

Not on par with Cookies and Cream tho. And maybe 25% more hardcore than rocky road.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's not necro threads please...Closing.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”