Question about Twilight Barrage (Blackhorn heroic)

Started working on Blackhorn Heroic 10 this week and have a question about barrages. I saw in many videos paladins were taking some by themselves. I know DP won't save you as it hits for 300k and that reduces it to 180k resistable. So i am assuming a shield or sac on them or something.

But my question is, can it be bubbled? I know the onslaught cannot, only dispersion works for it, everything else immunity wise doesn't, just hits the ship. But is this the same for barrages? That is my question I guess.

We are doing pretty well in phase 1 but having fewer people soak would be helpful in the longrun, so I am just curious what classes can solo soak other than tanks.

Deleted
    im sorry that i cannot anwser your question, but my guess is no, if you bubble it -> ship will take full dmg.
    but it should be okay to let some barrage hit the ship without anyone soaking them. ship should still have enough hp if you handle big voids good and kill drakes fast.

We found that our holy paladin was able to solo-soak barrage using glyphed DP (along with standard raid buffs). No "extra special attention" was required so long as he was full health when he went to eat it. Raid buffed health should be around 160k HP, DP cuts it to ~180k shadow damage and then you'll have another ~25% from shadow resist buff. Testing with iceblock had the barrage hitting the boat but you're spared the application of the debuff. We found that wasn't particularly useful (doing the shadow priest/mage solo-soaking strategy) because the only "useful" use of a mage was to have them take an onslaught by themselves - and that will proc cauterize with-or-without the debuff so it didn't matter. I don't imagine Divine Shield works any different.

Our finally strategy involved more-or-less ignoring barrage unless it was very convenient for 3 or 4 people to soak (within 10 yards of the melee group) so it ended up being a non-issue. So long as you make it a point to have all 10 soak the onslaughts and kill the dragons very quickly (so they can't fly away and cast more barrages) you'll make it to P2 with your boat at very low health. on our kill we soaked 3 total. You relax the healing and positioning requirements a little but have to make up for it with higher DPS.

Also keep in mind that not-soaking these doesn't cause the ship to take "full damage" it takes (roughly) 50% extra damage. A barrage will hit players for 300k, it'll hit the boat for 420k if not soaked.
    Last edited by a21fa7c67f26f6d49a20c2c51; 2012-01-01 at 03:31 AM.

as holy/ret : Glyphed DP WILL save you, you will end up sub 15% HP, but you'll be alive don't forget that you actually resist a part of the spell with shadow resist up. THEN the 40% reduction from DP will kick in

as Prot... unglyphed DP and I was doing just fine, blew GotaK in the beginning of the fight to soak a few more (if they were close enough) so it would be back up when blackhorn landed.

It hit players for 280k not 300, so yes glyphed DP does allow solo soaking. DK with AMS, moonkin with barkskin, rogue with feint, dps warrior with wall can soak solo, obviously you can make pretty much anyone to be able to soak solo with the use of external cds, its just requires some communication/coordination. If you arent planning to solo onslaughts with mages, shadowpriests or prot palas you can use em barrage soaking too.

As a holy pally I can solo soak the first one by pre-casting a maximum mastery shield (ends up shielding about 50k) and using DP. From then on you need a partner.

Rogues can solo soak if they feint then jump in the puddle - this is great because they can cloak the debuff (and take less damage from following onslaught).

Mage can solo soak with cauterize.
    Spriest can solo soak with dispersion.

Er what?

Hits for 300k damage. 1 person standing in it splits damage 50/50 with boat. 150k hit.

Math is pretty difficult.

Twillight Barrage doesn't split the damage with the boat. Reading abilities is pretty difficult. Twillight Onslaught is what splits 50/50 with the person that soaks and boat. Barrage either hits the boat or you soak the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by mnzahra View Post
    Twillight Barrage doesn't split the damage with the boat. Reading abilities is pretty difficult. Twillight Onslaught is what splits 50/50 with the person that soaks and boat. Barrage either hits the boat or you soak the damage.
    "Twilight barrage inflicts 300000 Shadow damage, divided evenly among all players within its 5 yard radius and the Skyfire."

Quote Originally Posted by PalawinFC View Post
    "Twilight barrage inflicts 300000 Shadow damage, divided evenly among all players within its 5 yard radius and the Skyfire."
    Logs indicate this is false. It either deals damage to the ship (420k) or deals damage to the players (280k).

Note: never trust Blizzard's tooltips 100% of the time.