Thread: Chat Scrolling

Chat Scrolling

I have been using Prat for years as my chat mod of choice. I have one problem with it, and every other chat mod i have ever used (and the default): I eke my chat box small (vertically) to save space. If someone sends me a long message (say 2-3 lines or more) it will scroll in such a way as to make some messages impossible to get to. Let me see if I ca explain what I mean... chat scrolls message by message, not line by line, so a 5 line message will push 5 lines off my chat box, so some messages will get lost in the shuffle. This drives me nuts. I don't know what to do about it besides make my chat box super tall (which I don't consider a viable option).

Does anyone know of any chat mods that will change the scrolling behavior from message to message to line by line?

Not exactly, but... I use Leatrix Plus which is kind of an all in one awesome addon.

With your problem specifically, whenever you get a large message, or someone posts like 10 lines of Recount that you want to look at or something, you can just grab the General tab and expand the window without moving or changing the size of anything. Then you can close it back up to be small.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

That is a very cool add-on, I might actually give that a go for other reasons.

The way I figure it, a UI isn't any good if I need to resize/move key elements of it regularly to get basic functionality. I'm really hoping there is some way to not need to do that. Thanks for the reply though.

---------- Post added 2011-12-31 at 06:04 PM ----------

After installing that, I can see what you mean now. it does definitely semi-solve the problem. Thanks a lot!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're using Prat you can always use the copychat feature to view the whole thing. -- As it opens the chat in a new, larger, window to let you select the text.

I used to do that when my chat windows were smaller. -- And still do sometimes to read particularly long messages.

Hmm also a very good point