Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Can I run SWTOR?

My specs are in the signature, but due to some economical problems I couldn't afford the Graphics card, Will probably have it next month or so, but I'm wondering, will I be able to run SWTOR on lowest graphics with the Intel HD Graphics 3000?

EDIT: According to Canyourunit I pass the system requirements.

SWTOR is very poorly optimized, its a hit or miss on who is able to run the game smoothly or not. Many people with great PCs can barely run the game while others with lower quality PCs run it just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    SWTOR is very poorly optimized, its a hit or miss on who is able to run the game smoothly or not. Many people with great PCs can barely run the game while others with lower quality PCs run it just fine.
    What If I don't run into any of that problem, do you think I'll run it with over 30 fps?

Oh, and I'm curious, are you a mod or what? The title is a bit confusing :P

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat you will run the game on ultra with 30fps+......

As a guy who ended up buying a new computer just for this game, be wary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by counterhero View Post
    Not sure if serious..

Firstly, there's no such thing as ultra setting.
    Secondly, there's no proper high setting either.

So, derp.

@OP: Run the game with vsync on. Else the graphics card will scream like a little girl imo. This is incredibly annoying to listen to.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Firstly, there's no such thing as ultra setting.
    Secondly, there's no proper high setting either.

So, derp.

@OP: Run the game with vsync on. Else the graphics card will scream like a little girl imo. This is incredibly annoying to listen to.
    Well I assume there would be. My friend has the same build but a 550ti. And he runs everything maxed out except shadow a little lower. He gets 60+fps.

Deleted
    Well I assume there would be. My friend has the same build but a 550ti. And he runs everything maxed out except shadow a little lower. He gets 60+fps.
    If you actually read the OP I'm not actually using a 560Ti right now. I'm using Intel HD graphics 3000.

So do you have a 560 or not? You MIGHT be able to run with integrated graphics. They're not designed for demanding games. I just ordred an i5-2500k and a z68 board myself. With a board/cpu combo like that, why wouldn't you complete it with a nice video card? Also like others said, it's a gamble on wether or not your game will be stable. SWTOR is poorly optimized and buggered up the ace.

Edit: I see you posted on tomshardware. Hopefully you decided to use the 560.
    Last edited by kinetiks; 2012-01-01 at 01:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kinetiks View Post
    So do you have a 560 or not? You MIGHT be able to run with integrated graphics. They're not designed for demanding games. I just ordred an i5-2500k and a z68 board myself. With a board/cpu combo like that, why wouldn't you complete it with a nice video card? Also like others said, it's a gamble on wether or not your game will be stable. SWTOR is poorly optimized and buggered up the ace.

Edit: I see you posted on tomshardware. Hopefully you decided to use the 560.
    1, I'm not a member on Tomshardware.
    2, I couldn't afford the graphics card right now but I really wanted to use the computer. (Used to play on a macbook from 2009).

Well, there is a high setting, but it does exactly jack and shit. (Literally no changes, I swear.)

That said, I wouldn't know what the FPS looks like during this, nor am I going to dispute it. I'm merely saying that hitting vsync on is very likely going to cut back a load of noise from the graphics card itself.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Well, there is a high setting, but it does exactly jack and shit. (Literally no changes, I swear.)

That said, I wouldn't know what the FPS looks like during this, nor am I going to dispute it. I'm merely saying that hitting vsync on is very likely going to cut back a load of noise from the graphics card itself.
    Everyone seems to be missing that the OP currently has no dedicated GPU.

@OP - without a dedicated GPU, don't expect to play any games.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    If you actually read the OP I'm not actually using a 560Ti right now. I'm using Intel HD graphics 3000.
    Don't be so quick to bash, he said "My friend has the same build but a 550ti."

On topic, I don't know if that graphics card can support it since it isn't dedicated, but I would give it a try on low to medium settings.

Quote Originally Posted by uggorthaholy View Post
    Everyone seems to be missing that the OP currently has no dedicated GPU.
    The worst part is that I did read it and all, but apparently something in my brain just went "Mmm, nope."

With the HD 3000, I'd honestly say you might be able to play it at the absolute lowest, but don't quote me on that, nor hold trust in that. It's a stretch.

15+ Year Old Account
    There was another thread about a person whose SWTOR would just instantly crash when they tried to launch it and they were using an Intel HD Graphics 3000 (i5's integrated GPU) as well.

It is highly unlikely that it will run SWTOR but it should run some other older games.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

10+ Year Old Account
    I run SWTOR on a 570, runs fine on full settings @ around 60-100 fps so when you get the 560 you should be fine. However on Intel HD you may only be able to run on very low. This laptop has a mobile HD 4670 and an i7 and runs at about 15fps on lowest settings.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

With integrated graphics: No. It probably won't even launch.

With your hypothetical GTX 560/560 Ti: You'll be able to max it out.

Keep in mind: The Old Republic has no High Setting. The High Setting in game is actually Medium, as there are no high-res textures or anything of the sort. Going from Medium to High yields absolutely no benefits at all and no performance gain/degradation. WTB High settings.

In theory you'll run it fine maybe not perfectly on ultra but it should be ok. As other's as stated sometimes people just have weird issues. I run it fine at 120fps and have never seen slow down.

edit: Didn't read the post correctly, I blame new years eve. With intergrated you'll struggle but the 560ti will suffice.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2012-01-01 at 03:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm awaiting Bioware's release of the proper packs and AA etc.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K