Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Playing World of Warcraft during flight

So, most airplanes nowadays offer WiFi services.

I am curious how many of you have attempted playing World of Warcraft, or any sort of video game, during a flight.

I haven't yet but during long flights, that would be pretty useful.

What's your say on that ?

Worths the "hassle" or you prefer sitting back and relaxing ?

i don't see why not. Some flights I've been on had better wifi than my house lol.

So yes i would def play wow in a plane. way too boring otherwise esp. if flying overseas.

I wouldnt play WoW while flying. Then again I would barely be conscious because I have a massive fear of flying so Id be on a high dose of xanax heh.

I have this magical talent during flights, I can sleep, regardless of how long the flight is, I'm able to fall asleep at the start and I wont wake up until we land.

I dont know what kind of net you think airplanes have but when i was on one it didnt have the bandwidth to support random browsing at an acceptable speed let alone play wow. Also gota think where are you gona plug in your laptop, iv flown several times over the past few years and not once have i seen a plug. I know with power saver on my asus it can last about 1.5 hours but still alot of flights are longer. Just bring a book and read or sleep.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I dont know what kind of net you think airplanes have but when i was on one it didnt have the bandwidth to support random browsing at an acceptable speed let alone play wow. Also gota think where are you gona plug in your laptop, iv flown several times over the past few years and not once have i seen a plug. I know with power saver on my asus it can last about 1.5 hours but still alot of flights are longer. Just bring a book and read or sleep.
    Economy+, Business and First class all have plugs for ur pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I flew on a pretty shitty plane once to Poland then Czech Republic and both had power outlets for my laptop charger...didn't have wifi though haha. I'd expect airplane wifi wouldn't even be good enough to access WoW, as it's slow as hell at airport wifi for the basic internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    heh nice idea for the pro's try raiding during turbulence

Quote Originally Posted by luedieniel View Post
    I have this magical talent during flights, I can sleep, regardless of how long the flight is, I'm able to fall asleep at the start and I wont wake up until we land.
    I am so jealous.

Would much rather read a book instead.

Deleted
    Regarding the power issue, apart from considering a laptop with better battery duration, you can always carry up to any amount of battery replacements with you (ok, not up to any amount, not more than 100 :P)

depends on how long the flight is but if its a long flight i would play some wow then go to sleep
    게임 은 어렵~~

If I'ma be messing around on a lappy or something while flying, I'd probably be doing something more constructive. :P

Deleted
    Now, imagine a world first kill during a flight... a moment like GOAL, in the middle of a long-long flight.

People waking up to it will initially have the impression that somebody was shouting as a warning to a hijack ;P

Quote Originally Posted by namen View Post
    Regarding the power issue, apart from considering a laptop with better battery duration, you can always carry up to any amount of battery replacements with you (ok, not up to any amount, not more than 100 :P)
    Dunno bout your laptop but my battery replacements cost 150$

10+ Year Old Account
    Not in Greenland, they even still tell us to turn off anything electronic during flights. T_T

Doesn't surprise me we're lacking the newest technology/knowledge, 750$/month for adsl 4mbit internet and 100$/month for phone with 300mb limit on net.

But yes, it would be nice if I were able to play online games on plane.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

im sure all the people around you would appreciate you spamming your key board buttons or mouse(idk if you keybind or whatever), some common sense of what annoys others goes along way

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know much about internet connections - but there is secured wifi in my college - but i still can not play games like WoW or HoN. However, when i go to computer lab and connect my laptop to internet cable - i have no problems playing games. Anyone cares to explain?

Deleted
    Really not worth the bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tried it. Latency was terrible.
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.