Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    It uses satellites, which means you'll be happy with 2000+ ms pings, at best. Maybe you get lucky, but chances are you'll see two seconds or more between actions.

Except for "that one guy" who will post and say that he did it and went 2000+ in arena. Yeah.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilCosby View Post
    Tried it. Latency was terrible.
    :/ Not a good idea it seems... pity !

Deleted
    Is this common in the EU or the USA? I fly in the EU all the time and I've never been on a flight offering wifi I'd be happy just to have basic browsing.

Yeah I was gong to ask about lag/latency. Here in outback Aust even normal satellite connections display too much infrastructure latency to be too playable most of the time....son-in-law in Central Queensland cannot play any real-time on-line stuff at all so I don't know how airline net infrastructure would hold up.

I usually just read comics while flying. With games, you have to get to certain points to stop, so a perpetual timer hangs over me.
    Plus, I like to audibly react to games.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Is this common in the EU or the USA? I fly in the EU all the time and I've never been on a flight offering wifi I'd be happy just to have basic browsing.
    AirNorwegian offer wifi even on national flights at least. In EU

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Not in Greenland, they even still tell us to turn off anything electronic during flights. T_T

Doesn't surprise me we're lacking the newest technology/knowledge, 750$/month for adsl 4mbit internet and 100$/month for phone with 300mb limit on net.

But yes, it would be nice if I were able to play online games on plane.
    Man and i felt like we had it rough in Denmark, but that's just insane

OP: I'd really do anything to kill time in a plane, since I can't sleep anywhere in a "sitting" position, unless drunk ofc.
    So yea' if the plane provide a good enough connection I'd be down for playing..

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet the latency would be shit and I don't see myself playing with a labtop's track pad because those tray tables have zero room for a mouse.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played it on a flight to LA for 5 hours, then flew to Australia, but no international waters internet. So I played a Golden Eye rom and watched 6 hours of Doctor Who.

Deleted
    If you're going to use the computer on your flight, watch a movie/TV show or browse the internet.

That would be pretty sweet!