RAM Usage problems. Spikes high?

Normally my RAM Usage is like 50% with wow open and other things. Recently its gone as high as 70+ %. I belive re-booting helps on it.

Can there be any reason why my RAM Usage goes up that much? I dont have any virus w/e that my programs I used for long time havent found.

Just to clarify: Its not CPU Usage Im talking about. People with G15 keyboard can see in the display Proccesor and ram Usage, thats where I see the numbers.

Useally my Proccesor usage is like 10% with wow going.

Am I just being dumb now, and nothing wrong with my RAM in my PC? Got 4GB DDR3 RAM, not sure about brand or the likes.

Oh and asked this before: Sometimes my sound goes mute on my PC, for both speakers and headset. Re-booting fixes it. It seem to happen with wow/ventrilo open only. I tried switch from onboard to a real sound card, but it didnt help it.

Cheers for any replies.

If you're using Windows 7, it's normal. The OS caches a lot of data on ram for faster start up times on frequently used programs and files.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    If you're using Windows 7, it's normal. The OS caches a lot of data on ram for faster start up times on frequently used programs and files.
    This. Windows Vista and 7 use RAM that isn't in use. Not using RAM is wasting RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

70% is nothing to worry about. Unused RAM is wasted RAM.

Well now it happend again. My PC is getting somewhat heated up (Fans working more?) and my FPS drops alot. 72% ram USAGE and varrying FPS.

Edit: 39% RAM Usage from some 70-75% with wow open and only 2 google chrome tabs up. Will re-bot PC now. 1-5% proccesor USAGE.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-01-01 at 07:22 PM.

When you see high RAM usage, hit ctrl-alt-delete and start the task manager. Go into Performance tab and check out what it says under "physical memory".

Available means what you have when all windows caches are purged, and free includes the cache usage.

Also you can see into Processes tab and sort it by memory usage to see what exactly is eating how much memory.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Especially with windows 7, I'd suggest using Msconfig and eliminating all non-needed startup applications. This allows you to cut down on RAM useage, and amount of active processes. Currently, even with SWTOR/numerous tabs of Chrome and while livestreaming, with 8 gigs of RAM, I barely use 60%.

Ok, well thanks guys. Guess its not a problem. Will check Task manager better if it happens again. ATM nothing seems to take up anything.