Deleted

Upgrading my laptop to be able to run swtor! plz help i suck at this

OK so i have a lenovo g560 with a NVIDIA GeForce 310M grapich card.

And i have looked on the specs required to run swtor, and it is only my graphic card that is horrible. the rest of it fits what is needed and is actaully abit above.

Can anyone tell me if i can change the graphic card in this laptop?

i have tried to look on the internet, but i only find threads about the g560 version with intel onboard graphic card.

So plz, dear forummers help me out i really enjoy this game and i would love to enjoy it to the fullest and not have a fps bouncing from 4-19.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Laptops aren't designed to be upgradeable (years ago there used to be a standard, but it never caught on). Put as much ram in it as can be fitted (4GB or 8GB depending on which page of the pdf you believe) then put a 64 bit OS on it and pray, or bite the bullet and get a new laptop or desktop for gaming.

http://www.lenovo.com/shop/emea/cont...G560_DS_EN.pdf

Or switch off shadows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conzar View Post
    Nope. Laptops aren't designed to be upgradeable (years ago there used to be a standard, but it never caught on). Put as much ram in it as can be fitted (4GB or 8GB depending on which page of the pdf you believe) then put a 64 bit OS on it and pray, or bite the bullet and get a new laptop or desktop for gaming.

http://www.lenovo.com/shop/emea/cont...G560_DS_EN.pdf

Or switch off shadows.
    Got everything on low got shadows off, and have depth off cant turn anything else off i still end up with the bouncing unstabble fps

But are u sure i cant change it, to a other nvidia card?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey mate I have kinda the same problem and I tested my computer at canirunit and it passed by a very lot.
    But I thought soemthing in my game files might be incorrect because the ground sometimes.. Dissappear, is there a way to repair the game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Hey mate I have kinda the same problem and I tested my computer at canirunit and it passed by a very lot.
    But I thought soemthing in my game files might be incorrect because the ground sometimes.. Dissappear, is there a way to repair the game?
    Just tried to analyze mine too and it passed on everything too, wierdly enough.

[COLOR="red"]

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine said Exactly! the same as yours! and I drop to like 3 fps every time i enter a house, with everything down. Everything on lowest, can't turn anything off anymore. Not even sound :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spphy View Post
    Mine said Exactly! the same as yours! and I drop to like 3 fps every time i enter a house, with everything down. Everything on lowest, can't turn anything off anymore. Not even sound :/
    I think swtor hates laptops

You most likely cannot upgrade the laptop.. and the only thing that site does is let you know if you can actually log into and start playing the game, it has nothing to do with actual quality.

If you post this in the computers section, you'll most likely get some more help because people who lurk there are generally there to help with stuff like this.

I don't mean to "moderate" your thread, just saying you might get some really good help if you post this there.

Good luck!