1. #51681
    Field Marshal Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    He looks spiffy. \o/
    It's a she :P.



    Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Well, we have a pretty much unused Wii. Could just get it :>
    Of course I'm gonna say this 'cause I'm me, but DO IT FILLY.



    You can't say no to a game that's 6 years old and is still one of the best looking games on the market!

  2. #51682
    Stood in the Fire Djorana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    Indeed. That alone should tell you how amazing I find Okami. Best aesthetic ever, incredible storyline, innovative and fun gameplay...just the whole thing is overall amazing.

    [img]http://i.imgur.com/UYaJpl.jpg[/ig]
    wait....
    Is Okami that game where you can draw stuff or something?
    Or atleast have some kinda jap-ish brush and ink thingy?

    Maybe I'm mistaking it horribly, those pics just remind me of some game I saw @ GIGA TV, some german games channel that was running till a few years ago on tv.
    Probably I'm wrong as I saw it only once and it's many years ago. :/

  3. #51683
    Blademaster Freyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    At the Spa
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Keenaxe View Post
    Hello Frey. Did you lose any fingers to frostbite this morning?
    Thanks to the Land / Sea effect, it wasn't terribly cold at the shipyard.

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

  4. #51684

  5. #51685
    Field Marshal Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    wait....
    Is Okami that game where you can draw stuff or something?
    Or atleast have some kinda jap-ish brush and ink thingy?
    It is, indeedy!


  6. #51686
    Stood in the Fire Teramelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    You can't say no to a game that's 6 years old and is still one of the best looking games on the market!
    What one is better? PS2 or Wii?
    Resto Druid | Argent Dawn EU | Armory

  7. #51687
    Stood in the Fire Djorana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    It's a she :P.

    [img]http://i.imgur.com/bNZOF.jpg[/im

    Of course I'm gonna say this 'cause I'm me, but DO IT FILLY.

    [img]http://ui22.gamefaqs.com/277/gfs_54203_2_4.jpg[/im]

    You can't say no to a game that's 6 years old and is still one of the best looking games on the market!
    ok that screen proved it, it totally is that game I ment.^^

    damn you nintendo! Y U NO SUCH GAMES FOR GC BUT BLOODY SUCKING WII? >,,,<

  8. #51688
    The Patient Shaedris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Fluffland
    Posts
    300
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    What one is better? PS2 or Wii?
    Whichever is cheaper!
    "You don’t simply leave the MSF"

  9. #51689
    Blademaster Keenaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    currently incarnated as a human on the planet earth
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Thanks to the Land / Sea effect, it wasn't terribly cold at the shipyard.
    That's good.

    Sparks, did you get Dungeon Defenders?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both. --Benjamin Franklin

  10. #51690
    Immortal Flutterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Derpifornia
    Posts
    7,446
    Omg Wassup ponies?

  11. #51691
    Field Marshal Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    What one is better? PS2 or Wii?
    PS2 has a parchment filter on its graphics, making it look more like a moving watercolor, while with the Wii, the filter is lessened, so it looks more vivid and realistic (loosely speaking). The Wii also has the Wiimote advantage for drawing on-screen as opposed to the PS2 joystick, but it's missing the end-game credits that the PS2 has. (Keep in mind you can find those very easily on YouTube, which you should watch after you finish the game. Excellent, excellent stuff.) Other than that, exactly the same game. It's largely personal preference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Djoron View Post
    ok that screen proved it, it totally is that game I ment.^^

    damn you nintendo! Y U NO SUCH GAMES FOR GC BUT BLOODY SUCKING WII? >,,,<
    GC had SSB:Melee. That's enough for me.

  12. #51692
    Stood in the Fire Teramelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaedris View Post
    Whichever is cheaper!
    ..I don't care about the price, and PS2 version will realistically be cheaper.
    I want to know which is the better game. x.x

    Also, if that's true, I'll get the Wii version anyway.
    Resto Druid | Argent Dawn EU | Armory

  13. #51693
    Blademaster Freyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    At the Spa
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Omg Wassup ponies?
    FFFFFFFFFGGGGGGGGGG! \o/

    Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

  14. #51694
    High Overlord raveger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Not left or right, in the middle.
    Posts
    106
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakonda View Post
    Well, good news and bad news.

    Good news: i just casted Ressurection on this thread.
    Bad news: it drained all my mana, and now i need to go sleep to restore it.

    Oh and more good news. I just won THIS little auction here.

    I guess my vinyl filly is getting herself a friend <3

    With that, im off to sleep

    Good night everypony!
    heh
    nn anakonda =p

  15. #51695
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    PS2 has a parchment filter on its graphics, making it look more like a moving watercolor, while with the Wii, the filter is lessened, so it looks more vivid and realistic (loosely speaking). The Wii also has the Wiimote advantage for drawing on-screen as opposed to the PS2 joystick, but it's missing the end-game credits that the PS2 has. (Keep in mind you can find those very easily on YouTube, which you should watch after you finish the game. Excellent, excellent stuff.) Other than that, exactly the same game. It's largely personal preference.

    GC had SSB:Melee. That's enough for me.
    So much for YOU being the ignored one. =P

  16. #51696
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post
    ..I don't care about the price, and PS2 version will realistically be cheaper.
    I want to know which is the better game. x.x

    Also, if that's true, I'll get the Wii version anyway.
    They're probably close enough that it won't matter. Sparks just posted his answer though.


  17. #51697
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    Indeed. That alone should tell you how amazing I find Okami. Best aesthetic ever, incredible storyline, innovative and fun gameplay...just the whole thing is overall amazing.

    [img]http://i.imgur.com/UYaJpl.jpg[img]
    Ahh... Okami. I heard so much about it that it was truly an epic game. However my favourite game for PS2 still remains as Shadow of the Colossus for pure epicness.
    Note: I have never played Okami but it did look fascinating.

  18. #51698
    Blademaster Keenaxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    currently incarnated as a human on the planet earth
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Omg Wassup ponies?
    Hey FG. Practicing drawing. How are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Durgen View Post
    So much for YOU being the ignored one. =P
    You feeling any better today?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, will deserve neither and lose both. --Benjamin Franklin

  19. #51699
    Field Marshal Bluesparkks's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Dreamscape
    Posts
    55
    Relevant comparison video (mostly focuses on graphics). There is a few minor disparities (it's easier to draw on the Wii than PS2, but it's hard to use the glaives properly with Wii controls as opposed to the PS2's), but like I said, it's very much personal preference. It's still the same game at heart, and the differences are hardly gamebreaking.

    And more (not-so) random pictures.



    Quote Originally Posted by Durgen View Post
    So much for YOU being the ignored one. =P
    It's mostly only because I'm spamming random pictures and because I specifically brought attention to being ignored. As for your post, I think you need to spend less time trying to be confusing, because that made very little sense. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Ahh... Okami. I heard so much about it that it was truly an epic game. However my favourite game for PS2 still remains as Shadow of the Colossus for pure epicness.
    Note: I have never played Okami but it did look fascinating.
    I heard a lot about Ico/SotC, too, but alas, I don't have a PS2, so I haven't played them.

  20. #51700
    Stood in the Fire Djorana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Weyard
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesparks View Post
    GC had SSB:Melee. That's enough for me.
    Oh hell fucking yeah. Great game.
    So much fun was had....
    Set itemspawn rate to max.
    Set only bob-ombs or pokeballs or so. \o/
    Oh my...

    Well, it also had Baten Kaitos, Wind Waker and FF: Chrystal Chronicles.
    I really love them too.
    Oh and Metroid Prime.
    Which I played after playing Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and I was surprised how much more I like the first one. ^^

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •