Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadora View Post
    The rate of infectious disease among the homeless compared to the general population is negligible. It is a common misconception that homeless people are more prone to infectious disease as they are seen as "unclean" by those of higher socioeconomic status. The only type of disease that is found in higher prevalence amongst the homeless are mental disorders, and that is more a correlation between how they became homeless rather than being homeless.
    While I agree there are a lot of prejudices flying around, you cannot possibly deny that drug use and prostitution is common among homeless people. Certainly among wealthy people also, but it's definitely uncleaner among the homeless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnemMun View Post
    I shared a drink, gin and tonic, with a homeless black man who asked my group for vodka money. I was drinking it, gave him a sip, and took one more myself
    before throwing it away. I have had my vaccinations, and I had no open boo-boos in my mouth. Am I right in thinking I don't now have Hep A/B/C or AIDS?
    I seriously doubt the random homeless man has aids, but if you feel like he might have had something then get yourself checked.

Deleted
    Yes you are gonna die, eventually.

Deleted
    I'd be more surprised if you were not going to die .

Deleted
    You could just do like me and don't believe in the existence of diseases I've never had any vaccinations (well, at least since I was old enough to say no to them, might have had some as a baby) and I have never actually been sick, even when being around sick people for a long time.

But seriously too, believing in this stuff makes a lot of difference. Google placebo effect if you don't believe me. It's been scientifically proven.

15+ Year Old Account
    You will die, eventually.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    We are all going to die at some point, anyone's guess when though. And you shouldn't just assume because someone is homeless they are carrying a serious illness, that's wrong and narrow minded. If you are really that concerned go to the doctors and get yourself checked out.

Where's Dr.House when you need him?

Yep, you're a dead man. It's common knowledge even bumping into a black homeless man gives you AIDS and cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Worgenite View Post

OT: If you're worried about it, go see a doctor. He/she will be able to help you out much better than asking a random forum of people who will(most likely) troll you.
    How do you know? Doctors are huge trolls. For all you know 90% of MMO posters are doctors.

I'm quite certain that we will all die one day, in your case no i dont think you are going to contract a disease. If you do however you will have some time to think over why you shared your drink with a homeless man.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggerfish View Post
    How do you know? Doctors are huge trolls. For all you know 90% of MMO posters are doctors.
    I'm not a doctor, but I play one on the internets.

Deleted
    It's nice that you felt the need to add "black".

We will all die eventually, some will die way too early, and some will die really old aged (like 120 years old etc).

It is a nice gesture to help the homeless, but you got to think, what if he really did have HIV (or Hepatitis).

As for me, I would give him money to get himself something, but I would not drink from the same cup or bottle.

I dont know but, I usually get Cold sores (maybe Hepatitis who knows), but I sure do know I gave my cold sore to my grandmother. I warned her not to drink from the same cup as me, but it was too late. I always trying to be careful not to give them this virus.

And if he had AIDS or Hepatitis, he would've known about it, there are symptoms (occasionally mistaken to be a regular fever too).

Everyone dies one day

Deleted
    yea you might have caught the cooties

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    You could just do like me and don't believe in the existence of diseases I've never had any vaccinations (well, at least since I was old enough to say no to them, might have had some as a baby) and I have never actually been sick, even when being around sick people for a long time.

But seriously too, believing in this stuff makes a lot of difference. Google placebo effect if you don't believe me. It's been scientifically proven.
    There is a huge difference between placebo effect and believing that diseases exist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutshell View Post
    There is a huge difference between placebo effect and believing that diseases exist.
    Yea but if you don't believe in diseases you can't get them, at best you might get a curse from the gods or jinxed by an evil witch but no diseases, guaranteed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    Well, you can't get aids from saliva. If you're that worried that a homeless man's saliva will kill you, then go to a doctor.
    At school we got taught you would need to drink a bucket of saliva from an infected person to get it, lol.

Thought of drinking anyone's saliva by the bucket... well, let's not go there again!

To the OP: as others have said, we all die - then we get recycled by the process of decay.

I wouldn't worry about what you did, asuming you are not a creature that lives under a bridge taunting billy goats.

Deleted
    Not everyone carries disease you might die from, go see a doctor just to make sure you're okey