Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Huh? Maybe my server is weird,but there are many many trolls and douchebags all over the place to the point where I close my chat window and only open it up when I need a group for something.

Deleted
    I love the SWTOR community. Everyone is so friendly. The general chat is usualy alive and, besides the occasional general chat troll, a lot of fun.

Deleted
    I have about the same experience, everyone is helpful and nice to each other, I love it. I of course try my best to keep this going and help people out whenever I can and have the time. What goes around comes around.

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Clessalvein17 View Post
    Huh? Maybe my server is weird,but there are many many trolls and douchebags all over the place to the point where I close my chat window and only open it up when I need a group for something.
    Thought of changing server then?

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    Stay away from the SWTOR forums and enjoy your bliss
    Forums sadly tend to go towards that end since most people who are happy with the game, spend the time in the game, whereas those who aren't tend to go to the forums to see how many they can find that agree with them to find some sort of comfort.

Only reason I'm here at the moment is because my UK friend is sleeping and I'm waiting for him to wake up so we can continue questing together. ^^
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-01-01 at 11:40 AM.

Deleted
    I believe a huge number of SWTOR-players are former WoW-players and the reason you find people friendlier in this game is because it's new (as someone else already said in this thread). Why do you think people are jerks in WoW? Simply because the game is old and grindy and this causes bitterness in the long run. The SWTOR "community" is basically the same as the "community" WoW had at it's launch (disregarding the fact that people are more experienced with mmo's now). Just saying that a Star Wars mmo has a nicer playerbase than a Warcraft mmo is excessively ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madloaf View Post
    I believe a huge number of SWTOR-players are former WoW-players and the reason you find people friendlier in this game is because it's new (as someone else already said in this thread). Why do you think people are jerks in WoW? Simply because the game is old and grindy and this causes bitterness in the long run. The SWTOR "community" is basically the same as the "community" WoW had at it's launch (disregarding the fact that people are more experienced with mmo's now). Just saying that a Star Wars mmo has a nicer playerbase than a Warcraft mmo is excessively ignorant.
    Aye, it will sadly likely go towards WoW's standard as time goes by, however we can do all we can to prevent that, because really, do we want that kind of behavior from people around us? I'm sure as hell I don't. A person should feel safe to ask a simple question in the general chat without being trolled asunder.

Lets say 10%, made up number, of the population is a total dick. 10million players means 1million anti social pricks, 1.5 million players means 150, 000 people you would like to push down some stairs. It's all about population

There's only been one person on my server that we've had to deal with and he's pretty much been /ignored by most of the server. It's an idiot that is generally annoying as hell and believes that calling someone a nerd, in an online Star Wars game, is an insult.

Don't worry. The better people will be at the game, the more assholes you will see emerge.

Deleted
    As others have said, it probably won´t last. Everyone is friendly now that it´s new to everyone and people are still leveling up.

Deleted
    We have a trooper on Trask Ulgo who has achieved a level up infamy amongst us Empire warzone players. He tends to spam /say in Warzones with relentless hatred and spends more time raging at us than playing the game. As such, he's #1 target in any warzone we run into him, along with countless spamming of /hug emotes towards him, because he's absolutely hilarious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonkee View Post
    Enjoy it while you can, swifty's been doing some videos and we all know that swiftys fanbase is between 10 and 12 years old... brace yourselfs
    Yep god help us all.

Suddenly Sith Juggernauts. Thousands of them.

Deleted
    Give it a month or two....i'm already seeing it de-rail

Deleted
    It's pretty much a matter of time really, whilst people have content that is new they are generally content, once the content becomes old some parts of the community seek their own 'entertainment'. It's been said by GMs a couple of times for WoW that when they release new content, especially an expansion, the number of complaints due to trolling and personal attacks plummets (though of course the number of complaints due to bugs, loot disputes, etc sky rockets to offset that).

Try PvPing. My server already has a Empire guild that trolls/afks/shit talks in Warzones. They also enjoy passing the ball up to enemy players.

Its almost worse that WoW.

If you want to keep it this way you need to fight any attempts to implement a SWTOR LFD, Random BG or LFR unless they generate groups only from your server. Even then I'd say don't do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually when you spend money to buy a game, you WANT to love the game even if the game isnt fun and do everything to LOVE the game...

That's why people are friendly.

Wait a little, when people get tired of things, of noobs, of gold spammer and everything that will come later.

At same time, you can find friendly and unfriendly people anywhere.

I've noticed both ends of it in SWTOR. Mostly there just seems to be a lot less need for interaction currently in the game. In general the community seems better but I feel like it's because they are still currently awe-struck by a new game and new surrounds. I had trouble with 1 jerk already - but just as i thought - it was no more a fart in the wind. And last night, someone in trade gave it to someone else for 'ninjaing' his chest as he took out the mob that was pat-trolling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I don't know about anyone else but the community of this game is amazing . Ive not run into a single jerk so far which is like amazing coming from wow because almost everyone is a jerk in that game . Even general and such chat is always friendly . I really hope the communities stay like they are now on my server . How has your experience been on your server ?

The game is new, nobody knows anyone, and everyone wants ot make sure they stay on the good side of the healers, tanks and good dps. This will maintain until guilds get fully established. Then the douchery will begin.

Deleted
    I've seen plenty of people behaving like jerks.
    *Actual as-un-biased-as-possible-discussion about SWTOR*
    *Bring up minor flaw*
    "OMFG go back to WoW"

Did I mention how I didn't even mention I played WoW up until that point?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jess Day View Post
    Yep god help us all.

Suddenly Sith Juggernauts. Thousands of them.
    People seem choosing marauders instead. Plus, Swifty was nightelf, now he's human, so republic, not empire.

Wrong and wrong.

Also, my original PvP server The Ravager was full of douchebags - I was playing with closed general chat. But then I did what I did in WoW - went to a RP-PvP server, way better..