I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

Torn on re-rolling....

I currently have a level 22 Powertech on the Krath server and I've been seriously considering rerolling over to the Republic. I find myself in somewhat of a pickle on the issue as there are good and bad points to each side:

================================================
    1a. Republic is far more active on my server...very active and outgoing players make it a lot of fun. There are always calls for players to join in on taking down world bosses and forming flashpoint groups is a piece of cake. My Consular Shadow is in a very active guild but I will also group up with other guilds I've come to meet and know over the last week and a half. If anyone wants to know what an MMO can be then I highly recommend playing republic on Krath.

1b. Empire general chat is nearly dead. One random mis-tell every 15 minutes or so. One guild recruitment post every few hours or so. I should get a screen shot showing the same LFG post sitting in the chat window for 1+ hour. I don't know what it is this way as most Warzones means fighting other Empire players so I know they are out there. I've been kind of unlucky in trying guilds as the few I've tried have very few players (one said he was in a active guild and turned out to be the only player in that guild).
    ===================================================
    2a. Republic stories, in my opinion, suck. I was kind of getting fed up with the game because I simply did not like the stories any of my characters were a part of.

2b. Empire has BH, and whoever wrote their story/quest arc should be getting paid big bucks at BW. Powertech also feels pretty OP for leveling as you get a healer as your first companion. I think BH should be the only class that can make enough light side choices to officially be on the Republic side if they wanted to...since they have no allegiances or anything.
    ====================================================
    3a. Powertech tanking playstyle is just.....awesome. I love it. Part ranged, part melee, and lights everyone on fire. BW hit the nail on the head by giving us a fun class to play and a companion that is actually entertaining to have along with you (Mako).

3b. Vanguard tanking playstyle is.....unknown. Is it the same? Do you have the same kind of abilities? Also you get rDPS companion and then a squishy tank droid companion so I wonder if this makes soloing a little more difficult.

If there were paid server transfers at this point I would just ask for a good recommendation for a active Empire server and pay the money. I guess another option would be to reroll a Powertech on a more active Empire server.

Well it seems as though you could pick just about any mid-high population server and find a pretty active Empire player base. Definitely seems to be an isolated incidence where the Republic is that much more active and vocal than the Empire. Anyhow, maybe give it some time on your server and see if it changes, if not, I know that my server is pretty active. It's like Wound in the Force or something.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    just remember that in your reroll, you have access to the spacebar key. i didn't know that until my second visit to taris.

come to the fatman.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    3b. Vanguard tanking playstyle is.....unknown. Is it the same? Do you have the same kind of abilities? Also you get rDPS companion and then a squishy tank droid companion so I wonder if this makes soloing a little more difficult.
    Correction, you get a rDPS companion then a healer companion if you do the worlds in the correct order. Healer comes from taris class quest, droid from nar shadaa(which is for higher levels than taris). Cant compare to a BH since mine is still level 1(just reserved a name) but i had no difficulty levelling a vanguard to 26(i am playing four characters at once, vanguard was the first to reach level 26)