Question Warrior wearing having an axe equipped on GW2 website

Hello everyone! super hyped about guild wars 2 and like almost everything about it^^
    I was wondering though since there is no 2 handed axe, is this warriors axe a 1handed?

http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-gam...sions/warrior/

because it looks really big if you ask me...

10+ Year Old Account
    There are one handed axe's, sword's and mace's.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/List_of_warrior_skills

Yeah I know but maybe that picture of the warrior I linked is a hint of a 2 handed axe in the future or something?^^

It's a hammer. (Yes it's a 2h axe but still).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    It's a hammer. (Yes it's a 2h axe but still).
    Its very much an axe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by restoftw View Post
    Yeah I know but maybe that picture of the warrior I linked is a hint of a 2 handed axe in the future or something?^^
    It's just artwork, it's sole purpose is to look pretty.

Deleted
    They might add 2h axes and other weapons in the future, it's a good way of adding new skills to the game.

That axe can only be one handed

WTB 2 Handed Axes in GW2.

Well... he IS holding it in one hand. He's a super beefy warrior, he doesn't need to hold an axe two-handed. =)

For all we know there were 2h axes at some point in development. There were 12 professions at some stage, and a couple of the ones that got scrapped were warrior types I think. Is sort of strange that the warrior pic is wielding a wep not even in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by semantic View Post
    For all we know there were 2h axes at some point in development. There were 12 professions at some stage, and a couple of the ones that got scrapped were warrior types I think. Is sort of strange that the warrior pic is wielding a wep not even in the game.
    their probably was a 2 handed axe at one point but they couldn't find a use for it but that axe looks 1 handed (the animated kind of 1 handed) to me