Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Read the post you quoted again. Reading comprehension failure: apparent.
    I read it again and I'm afraid I didn't spot anything amiss. Please refrain from being condescending. Now would you please point out where I made the mistake?

Let's see here.

"Playing in a virtual world. carrots or not, is all pointless." - Check.

"If one played for fun and didn't care about chasing carrots; huzzah! " - Are you saying that if someone played a game for fun without any interest in gear, then good for them? Sorry - what are you trying to say here? As an autistic person I tend to take things very literally, so as far as I'm concerned this is all cryptic and has a myriad of possible meanings.

"If one had fun chasing carrots; huzzah!" - See above.

"Ultimately, we all still wasted /played X.]" - You do realise using the word 'ultimately' essentially suggests some kind of result? So in other words you're saying "as a result our /played time is still wasted"

Given that my quote was regarding whether or not one considers their time played on a game to be wasted or not, I'd say I did not miss the mark whatsoever.

*edit* I don't mean to come across as overly-defensive in this post. It just annoys me when someone who hardly knows me tells me I have some kind of reading comprehension issue. Perhaps the fact that I am an avid reader of novels exacerbates the feeling. Communication misunderstandings happen all the time so there is no need to be rude because someone misunderstands you. Just politely explain what you meant.
    Last edited by Will; 2012-01-09 at 07:21 PM. Reason: added more

I am saying if you had fun, "carrots" or not- then gj!

All hobbies are time wasters. There is no "point" in playing other than the fun of it.

I am saying if you had fun, "carrots" or not- then gj!

All hobbies are time wasters. There is no "point" in playing other than the fun of it.
    If you want to be cinical about it everythings a time waster just to keep us busy until we kick the bucket....
    I just mad myself sad

lol silly brain, much better now
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer

Quote Originally Posted by SPeedy26 View Post
    If you want to be cinical about it everythings a time waster just to keep us busy until we kick the bucket....
    I just mad myself sad
    Not sure how what I was talking about above was anymore (or at all) cynical than: http://i.imgur.com/J7SwO.png

So those who were having fun chasing their respective carrots weren't at all? There was a greater "point" to the ones who wanted to priss about in a field?

Edit: clarity. :P
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-09 at 07:41 PM.

Not sure how that is anymore (or at all) cynical than: http://i.imgur.com/J7SwO.png

So those who were having fun chasing their respective carrots weren't at all? There was a greater "point" to the ones who wanted to priss about in a field?
    All I wanted was to post the big Brain video actually :P
    I agree with you If some people have fun chasing carrots great for them, That's all I'm doing in Patapon 3 right now and loving every mintue of it :P

So in closing
    ppl who like carrots: they will also be in GW2 just not as need as in WoW
    ppl who hate carrots: you won't have to chase carrots
    ppl who like the big brain: your welcome :P
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer