10+ Year Old Account

HC Yor'sahj as Fire Mage

I know the general stat weight for Fire Mages is Int> Haste (to 2005 or 1500 with t13) crit > mastery

But with almost ALL our DPS coming from Combustion on this fight, is it worth stacking mastery as it seems to give much higher combustions on dummies?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Deleted
    I dont think so. 1st priority is still Singletarget Damage. And you won't be able to push your damage considerably with just reforging/switching trinkets.

Still... in dont know your raidsetup, but handling the adds shoulnt be the main Problem on this fight.

But with almost ALL our DPS coming from Combustion on this fight
    say whaaaaat? and what would be the point of going for more mastery, adds dying faster (while sacrificing single target dmg)?
    Last edited by Tobedeleted123; 2012-01-01 at 02:52 PM.

The only real benifit I can see by stacking mastery would be on what we have called the "Germany" set of slimes (green red yellow black, we kill green there) the second set of adds come 5 seconds before you have to peal off the boss to kill the next slime. It would make that set die faster but if you just save your combustion for them it is a non issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how good your raid's dps is on that boss, but if you are certain that you will kill the boss easily without your dps(your singletarget dps being shit) than you should probably give it a try. But I wouldn't recommend it myself since having 2005 haste gives you +1 tick on combustion which will result in much more damage if you have that +1 tick on all adds rather than getting a bit more damage with mastery stacking.

Anyways, the choice is yours to make but I personally wouldn't try something like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from the Germany combo, the adds die really fast and are never an issue. Many times they will die before you even get a crit to combustion spread. IMO all fire mages should be saving combustions for the 2nd set when they see the Germany combo. Use it on the ooze and spread to the adds. Make sure everyone is tight on the ooze so that all adds will be in range. Other classes should be doing the same. The hardest challenge of this fight on HC is dealing with 2nd set adds still being alive going into a tough combo. The adds have 2.5million hp 3 fire mages combustions will take off 1/2 of that. Using 3 combustions + the rest of the raids aoe cd's on the first set is a waste and is only for number padding. Overall though, you should be focusing on single target dmg for stats, so I say no to mastery.
    Jobahlie-Mage- Only of it's kind since Vanilla WoW

Deleted
    The first priority is kill boss, adds dies really fast.

I did arround 60ks DPS with only 2 aoe phases on all the encounter

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    I know the general stat weight for Fire Mages is Int> Haste (to 2005 or 1500 with t13) crit > mastery

But with almost ALL our DPS coming from Combustion on this fight, is it worth stacking mastery as it seems to give much higher combustions on dummies?
    If the adds die faster, the rest of the raid has more time on the boss, which very well may outweigh your boss dps loss from reforging to mastery