Managing multiple Internet Connections on the same PC

Hi
    I have 2 internet connections at my disposal. 1 is a wireless connection coming from a router and another is a LAN Connection coming from another router .
    I am looking for software which will allow me to "route" certain traffic to certain connections. Example. connection 1(LAN) I want to use with online gaming and connection 2 for downloading files all at the same time without affecting each others performance.

Ideally I would like a program where I can set which program uses which connection.
    Example all "normal" internet traffic goes to connection 1 and only game ports go to connection 2.
    I am running windows 7 64 bit .
    I want 1 computer to handle both connections.
    I had a look at load balancing software but couldnt find one that handles 2 connections.
    Thanks alot .

15+ Year Old Account
    It's nearly impossible just because of the way Windows is set up to handle connections.

However, from some initial searching, ForceBindIP seems to be a useful workaround (it works via injections intercepting the outgoing connection attempts of a specific program), but it only supports 32-bit applications. That isn't a huge issue, just make sure you use 32-bit applications where possible on whichever connection you want to be the "secondary" connection.

World of Warcraft, for example, is a 32-bit application, so ForceBindIP should be fine.

http://www.r1ch.net/stuff/forcebindip/
    http://download.cnet.com/ForceBindIP...-10969079.html
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

You could also look at each router and set up filtering and port forwarding on each. That's the route I would go if I were using two different routers which would eliminate the need for running software on your PC and consequently utilizing processor at the same time. If your routers are configurable and smart enough that is. Basically, the thought is that each interface should theoretically only receive the packet types based on port ID that you want them to be able to process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Autofollow View Post
    You could also look at each router and set up filtering and port forwarding on each. That's the route I would go if I were using two different routers which would eliminate the need for running software on your PC and consequently utilizing processor at the same time. If your routers are configurable and smart enough that is. Basically, the thought is that each interface should theoretically only receive the packet types based on port ID that you want them to be able to process.
    You'd have to have both routers also interfacing with each other though because Windows will still pick a connection to send the initial packets off with (E.g. WoW login information).

Honestly getting that to work would be more of a mess than the software solution assuming you only need to ForceBindIP 2-3 applications (if you only use 2-3 programs for downloading, for example).

Edit: Actually, if a Dual-port WAN Router was used (yes, a third router) for the other two routers, it could probably correctly route the information. However, that's an expensive solution when you could just install a free program.

So Basically I need to set my LAN connection as defualt internet connection on windows and all the programs except the forcebind ed ones will use that connection ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanide72 View Post
    So Basically I need to set my LAN connection as defualt internet connection on windows and all the programs except the forcebind ed ones will use that connection ?
    Yep, it should work like that.

Probably easiest solution would be running some kind of linux on virtual box that has got only access to the download connection, and the host computer has only access to the gaming connection. Could also use the linux VM then for secure internet browsing with greatly reduced risk of getting viruses.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.