Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    People seem to be complaining that the thief can't effectively stun lock. Which I don't see as a problem. The games not out yet so everything can' be balanced yet. The engineer people don't like because it's different. Throwing a guy who relies on guns and gadgets into a fantasy game is like taboo to people. So other words people are just stupid.
    I never understood why people think that anything that can stealth needs to be able to stunlock.... It's just a stupid concept to begin with...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I never understood why people think that anything that can stealth needs to be able to stunlock.... It's just a stupid concept to begin with...
    Honestly thought when I made my rogue in WoW that stunlocking was a pathetic excuse for a proper rotation, since it makes up about 60% of your rotation and the other 40% is your ridiculous burst and CC combos. It felt like the stunlock was designed so that your opponent isnt supposed to get a shot at you because your a glass mini cannon that takes 1 minute just to down one enemy.

The thief seems more like an ambusher, who attacks out of the blue when you least expect it, like a bandit. You aren't going to die instantly if caught off guard, but your going to be in for a good fight with them if they sneak up behind you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Honestly thought when I made my rogue in WoW that stunlocking was a pathetic excuse for a proper rotation, since it makes up about 60% of your rotation and the other 40% is your ridiculous burst and CC combos. It felt like the stunlock was designed so that your opponent isnt supposed to get a shot at you because your a glass mini cannon that takes 1 minute just to down one enemy.

The thief seems more like an ambusher, who attacks out of the blue when you least expect it, like a bandit. You aren't going to die instantly if caught off guard, but your going to be in for a good fight with them if they sneak up behind you.
    Not only that but a thief doesn't need to take anything stealthy AT ALL if they dont want to. I have a feeling that thiefs are as you said, going to be more like bandits. They can rely on stealth if they want, but they don't need it, i think what they rely on the most will be mobility.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent TunaGhost View Post
    The engineer people don't like because it's different. Throwing a guy who relies on guns and gadgets into a fantasy game is like taboo to people. So other words people are just stupid.
    This. I remember one guy stating ArenaNet doesn't care about their lore because they added the engineer.....
    I love the idea of a gadgeteer like person who has like a batman like tool belt with a inspector gadget like... gadget for every situation and what not, I love how their game mechanic represents that. (not gonna main one but sure as hell gonna alt one :P)
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2012-01-09 at 04:54 AM.
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Remember that most humans have a natural fear of the unknown, so people will be wary of the Engineer until they give it a go.

I'm strongly considering rolling one, though. Seems like they could be very useful. And being useful is my kind of fun.
    the thing that caught my eye was the thought of dropping turrets and wep kits, the more i think about it the more i wanna try him also i read humans can summon to fiery hounds to attack people so I begun to think turrets+fire dogs from hell.....think im sold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senchae View Post
    the thing that caught my eye was the thought of dropping turrets and wep kits, the more i think about it the more i wanna try him also i read humans can summon to fiery hounds to attack people so I begun to think turrets+fire dogs from hell.....think im sold.
    Pfft, Asura can summon robots to attack people

Watch the totalhalibut thief video where he's pulling 4k crits and tell me the profession is bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scrynen View Post
    Watch the totalhalibut thief video where he's pulling 4k crits and tell me the profession is bad.
    Just gonna throw this out there, damage isn't everything in GW2...

Just gonna throw this out there, damage isn't everything in GW2...
    I know, but for a profession like the thief, damage is very important.

10+ Year Old Account
    That and mobility/elusiveness.

Why is it any more important than it is on any other profession? Just curious.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...he-uninitiated

Scroll down to the thief section (about 3/4 of the way down) and have a nice read

The Thief's Stealth and Shadow Stepping help to create a great combat style, but this doesn't mean that they are more dependent on damage than any other profession.
    Also, their Traps and Steal abilities can be used just as well for support and cc (depending on the effect of the item you steal)

I really hope that the thief won't go down the mainstream assassin route. =/
    In almost every newer game the rogue classes are nothing more than glass cannon burst melees, who just need stealth/stuns to not die in the first 5 seconds and kill everything after 6 seconds max.
    I prefer mobility based stealthy pickpockets who mostly avoid contact and slowly cripple and struggle their foes down.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    In almost every newer game the rogue classes are nothing more than glass cannon burst melees, who just need stealth/stuns to not die in the first 5 seconds and kill everything after 6 seconds max.
    I prefer mobility based stealthy pickpockets who mostly avoid contact and slowly cripple and struggle their foes down.
    Going over the skill list, that's a perfectly viable playstyle.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Aye...read the link I posted just above your post and you'll see how mobile and stealthy they are. It's not really about burst damage...and no character in GW2 is a glass cannon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Aye...read the link I posted just above your post and you'll see how mobile and stealthy they are. It's not really about burst damage...and no character in GW2 is a glass cannon.
    Well...Anet said if you max out Power and Precision you will be a glass cannon, but whose going to be stupid enough to do that lol?

but whose going to be stupid enough to do that lol?
    Oh I know a certain rogue in wow who just might xD
    ...I guess If any profession put all their points in only 1 or 2 areas they'd be pretty dreadful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I know a certain rogue in wow who just might xD
    ...I guess If any profession put all their points in only 1 or 2 areas they'd be pretty dreadful.
    lol omg i know right? i'm going to be that wierdo that spends his points in everything almost equally xD

Let's hope weirdos grow on trees then and just just sylvari...

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope weirdos grow on trees then and just just sylvari...
    lol well there's a good chance i'll be a sylvari so it makes sense...