Thread: Free Trial

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Free Trial

Do you think Bioware will add a FREE TRIAL for SWTOR in the very near future? Personally I kinda wish it launched with a free trial (even if it was just lvl 1 - 10) because a lot of my friends and WoW guildies are hesitant in spending a lot on this only to realize it's actually not really for them, especially in this economical time

i hope they do, because even 1-10 can be fun so i would do it with every class
    게임 은 어렵~~

10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly hope so.

My graphics card is finally coming back in a few days, its the reason why I didn't even bother buying SWTOR.

Deleted
    Exactly the same position as you mate, I've kept my eye on swtor and contemplated giving it a shot, but it's £45 plus subscription, what if I'm disappointed? That's £55 down the drain, and I fully expect the "lol £55 not a lot of money you poor" well it is if I have much more important things that need to paid other than video games.. especially if I don't like it. Trial pl0x.

No. Don't hope for it in the next 6 months.

I don't know, nobody knows. But going with my gut feeling and past experiences with EA/BioWare I'd say it might come earlier then people think,
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Personally I believe such a feature would increase sales

I wish they would have. I love the game and all, but I lag like no other in flashpoints and warzones.

Or at least change the minimum requirements, Bioware. I thought minimum meant "playable, though bad quality", not "able to opperate."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    No. Don't hope for it in the next 6 months.
    Oh I certainly don't expect one, but what's wrong with adding one? Makes perfect logical sense, people who are big BW fans and have been following it for awhile are already subbed, there's a lot of people like me who are on the fence who are aware they may not like it, but they may love it. What's wrong with letting them dip their toes for free.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    adding a free trial right now does more harm then good. It allows people who want to troll, sell gold and clog up the starter areas. Frankly paying customers are their first priority. Once most of them have gone through the starter stuff then they will open it up for others. Frankly people who signed up for a beta weekend got in. So really no use for a free trial at this time as everyone who wanted a chance got atleast 3 days to try it before launch.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Personally I believe such a feature would increase sales
    100% this.

Once people play 1-10 in a trial and see how amazing it really is, they would easily rack up more sales.

And to fix trolls: do what Rift did with their free trials: make a few 'trial servers,' you have to be level 10 and own a full copy to free transfer off to the 'real servers.'

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

A trial would be awesome. I'd like to be able to check it out before committing to it.
    They know how to milk the cow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    adding a free trial right now does more harm then good. It allows people who want to troll, sell gold and clog up the starter areas. Frankly paying customers are their first priority. Once most of them have gone through the starter stuff then they will open it up for others. Frankly people who signed up for a beta weekend got in. So really no use for a free trial at this time as everyone who wanted a chance got atleast 3 days to try it before launch.
    simple limitations prevent this...no access to general chat, mail or post lvl 10 areas...Free trials increase sales.

Deleted
    I think they should have had a code in the game to give to someone else so they can try it up to the point of getting your first companion. Would mean that my gf, who is on the fence about playing it, could have tried it, and levelled with me

10+ Year Old Account
    I suspect there will be a 10-day trial, but not until they fix it a bit more. Probably after 3 patches.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    MMOs usually do not have a free trial upon release. We should expect it in the next few months, after the kinks are all smoothed out.
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

EA added the unlimited free trial with warhammer. I doubt they wouldn't go the same way with swtor

10+ Year Old Account
    don't see it happen till 6months+ down the line.
    they prefer getting ppl buying the game 60bucks and get that free 30day going then cancel( getting at least the 60bucks) then giving some 1 a trial and not buying the actual game after the trial is over.(losing what they could had of 60 bucks plus monthly fee)

I am quite certain there will be a free trial, I expect they'll at least wait until the stress on their servers has decreased though.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    And to fix trolls: do what Rift did with their free trials: make a few 'trial servers,' you have to be level 10 and own a full copy to free transfer off to the 'real servers.'
    Always thought that was the best solution to trials.