Deleted

Monitor for computer

Hi there!

I'm currently shopping for my new computer,and i thought that I might as well replace my 5+ year old monitor as it is quite old, and it's only 19'. My budget is around 150 british pounds or 230 USD, but it wouldn't be bad to get one a cheaper than that!
    Basically what I'm wondering is what i should be looking for in a new monitor, and how big it should be.

I found a 23.6 inch on amazon, and I',m wondering if it is any good.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S24A...439001&sr=1-56

The new monitor is going to be used entirely for gaming, so i hope this gives you guys an idea of what I'm looking for, and the ability to help me out.
    Thanks!

With the 129.99 £ listed price in the link, it's a good purchase in the range. I'm a bit concerned about the connectivity though, as it's listed with only D-sub (VGA) and HDMI. Preferably, you'd want displayport or DVI over either, but HDMI could work if your GPU has an HDMI out.
    I don't recommend using D-Sub (VGA) as the signals quality is rather poor.

HDMIs signal is equal to DVI, however (with the addition of being able to carry sound), but the physical connection isn't as reliable, so it should be fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad monitor, personally I tried a few and settled on the iiyama prolite E2473HDS if you can find one at the right price. I'm getting rid of my 22" iiyama to replace it with a second 24".

---------- Post added 2012-01-01 at 06:38 PM ----------

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Monit...roductId=43898

That's the cheapest I can find, if you could stretch that little bit more.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies, I was wondering though, before i buy this. Would it be recommended to buy a monitor with 120 hz instead of 60, gamingwise ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to go 3D then yes - if you're not worried about it, there's no real benefit. 3D makes my eyes hurt though.
    Digital Rumination
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Thanks for the replies, I was wondering though, before i buy this. Would it be recommended to buy a monitor with 120 hz instead of 60, gamingwise ofc.
    That would likely double the needed budget, however. Not recommended for you.
    The one Fierae linked is better connectionwise. However, it's also nearing the edge of what is reasonable to pay for a TN-panel, without 120Hz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    However, it's also nearing the edge of what is reasonable to pay for a TN-panel, without 120Hz.
    That I do agree with yes, the reason I went for it was actually because I didn't even realise it was a TN without looking at it, as the clarity was fantastic.
    Digital Rumination

Deleted
    I've decided that I'm going to buy the monitor suggested by Fierae (Thank you). However, it's not possible for me to order it from the website that was linked, because it only delivers to the UK, and I'm simply unable to find it anywhere else on the Internet for the same price as listed on Aria.co.uk. The only monitor I can find in my country is named iiyama prolite E2473HDS-B1(http://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/25-2694...menlign-Priser) and as you can see there is a notable price difference between the B1 and this one http://www.pricerunner.dk/pl/25-2704...menlign-Priser.
    I just want to make sure that there is no definitive difference between the iiyama prolite E2473HDS and the B1. Sorry if it's a stupid question, and thanks again to everyone!

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.iiyama-monitors.co.uk/cat...h-Monitor.aspx

They only list one monitor on their site with identical specs, I would assume they are either the same thing or the B1 is a new revision.
    Last edited by Fierae; 2012-01-01 at 10:45 PM.
    Digital Rumination