Fire Mage Improvement

Hey guys, I'm a firemage with about 390 ilvl, the problem is im having a bit of a problem with to low dps :/ I don't know whats wrong as im Hitcapped, hastecapped and a decent amount of crit.

Cannot link armory atm, because im a new user; anyways name is - Faziel on Outland EU. feel free to look me up!

ALL improvement tips/help is appreciated, feel free to comment whats wrong etc, i just want to improve can't find any logs atm, but the dps is abit low even though im topping dps on half of the DS fights in my guild. also i find it hard to time my combustion etc

Feedback much appreciated! ty!
    Last edited by Faziel; 2012-01-01 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faziel View Post
    Hey guys, I'm a firemage with about 390 ilvl, the problem is im having a bit of a problem with to low dps :/ I don't know whats wrong as im Hitcapped, hastecapped and a decent amount of crit.

Cannot link armory atm, because im a new user; anyways name is - Faziel on Outland EU. feel free to look me up!

ALL improvement tips/help is appreciated, feel free to comment whats wrong etc, i just want to improve can't find any logs atm, but the dps is abit low even though im topping dps on half of the DS fights in my guild. also i find it hard to time my combustion etc

Feedback much appreciated! ty!
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Outland/Faziel/advanced for anyone else who responds..

1) Post Logs if you have them. They help us analyze more in-depth and make it easier to see if and what mistakes you're making.

2) What dps are you pulling? You don't have Tarecgosa so in your gear I'd say in a 25man raid you should be between 34-36k dps.

3) Your belt isn't reforged.

4) Do you have any other trinkets besides Rune of Zeth?
    Last edited by Trilic; 2012-01-01 at 10:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

yeah i'll try to get up some logs, Dps all depends on boss, I will try to make a list of the dps im doing on each boss tommorow as it's our raidday. My belt is not reforged as I don't find anything to reforge it to as im hitcapped and hastecapped, and as the belt already has crit I cannot reforge into crit, and when im hastecapped mastery > haste so. No, i do not have any other trinkets than RoZ atm, working on WoU though!

yeah i'll try to get up some logs, Dps all depends on boss, I will try to make a list of the dps im doing on each boss tommorow as it's our raidday. My belt is not reforged as I don't find anything to reforge it to as im hitcapped and hastecapped, and as the belt already has crit I cannot reforge into crit, and when im hastecapped mastery > haste so. No, i do not have any other trinkets than RoZ atm, working on WoU though!
    The boss I meant for the dps comparison is Ultraxion. 34-36k is what I pull in your gear with no Legendary and I'm fairly sure that I'm doing something wrong with combustion so its probable you could pull higher than that.

As for reforging, through use of wowreforge.com I'm able to get you exactly to haste and hit cap which nets in over 100 more crit rating, and ~150 or so dps. My updates can be found on the wowhead profiler here. (Both rawr and wowreforge tell me those gems, chants, and reforges cap you so idk why wow profiler isn't..)

Also if you're really dedicated to increasing your dps you can pick up another profession thats better than skinning. Something along the lines of Engineering, Tailoring, Alchemy, JC, BS. Something that nets +int.

For anything more I would need a log to sift through.

~Hope this helps!~
    Last edited by Trilic; 2012-01-01 at 11:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliekcookies View Post
    WoW is like heroine among MMORPGs. Once you're hooked, it's an addiction. You can't go back to anything weaker.

i think I do about 30k on ultraxion which im unhappy with ..

note : im gonna pick up Tailoring when Ive farmed some more gold, also skinning gives 90+ crit for now which is an advantage

10+ Year Old Account
    i think I do about 30k on ultraxion which im unhappy with ..

note : im gonna pick up Tailoring when Ive farmed some more gold, also skinning gives 90+ crit for now which is an advantage
    Yes but skinning is bad compared to the Int Gains you get from other proff's. Same as any other gathering proffesion's, that is what Alt characters are for, farm your shit on them.

But as mentioned previously, you really need to post logs, Im gunna go out on a limb here and say are you doing the rotation correctly? Refresh LB as soon as its exploded, use Combustion on a high ignite, when your fishing for a good combustion, don't waste GCD's on flameorb/mirror images.

rune of zeths pretty terrible.. in a 25m guild u should get will of unbinding easily that'll boost ur dps by tons cause its always on.. i see u have insignia already so thats good... imo insignia + will normal are really awesome trinkets..

as for rotation just follow the advice above.. pop ur rune make sure scorch/pyroblast is on the target and spam fireball /keep lb up once u see a big ignite then combust

k I just did an ultra normal fight, dps ended on about 34.5k dps, will try to get up a log!