Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Juggernaut. There's just something about the single lightsaber, heavy armor combo that makes you feel like an implacable, well, juggernaut. And, if they seem lacking now (which they don't in my experience, but I'm only 31) they'll get buffed later. Remember, ACs are essentially classes. So, this is like an entire WoW class being underpowered. That tends to get fixed.

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretentious View Post
    If a hybrid can outdps a pure dps class (i know there's no hybrid tax, just makes no logical sense), then they are doin' something wrong.
    Every class in the game but marauders and snipers are hybrids. I doubt the long term goal is to have those 2 dominate the other 6 classes.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-01-01 at 10:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaanuJaanu View Post
    sigh...Ignorance is bliss.
    Is it? I wouldn't know, especially since I played a 36 Sentinel (obviously the same class.) in beta. But back to the OP, play whatever class feels right to you. Both classes are awesome imo, if pure raw DPS is your thing go Marauder but if you prefer variety and a little more survivability go Jugg.

sigh...Ignorance is bliss.
    Not really contributing...

So guys help me out here lol what are the best crew skills to get with Vette as my Companion?
    Last edited by IllidariCouncil; 2012-01-01 at 11:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORJohnny View Post
    So guys help me out here lol what are the best crew skills to get with Vette as my Companion?
    So your companion is kinda irrelevant when picking your crew skills. If you want to make medkits, go biochem. If you wanna make lightsaber shit, go Artifice. Synthweaving I believe can make medium armor. Or you could pick up gathering skills. If you use something that only requires 2 slots instead of 3, go slicing. It's still cheap.

Synth has a few heavy armor recipes as well. (Not sure if this is intended. @_@)

Synth does armor for all force using classes.

You can respec your trees. There is a skill retrainer on the fleet as well as the capital cities.

Annihilation seems to be the better tree to choose from. Mine's only 27, but I enjoy it. I sometimes wish I went Jug for the heavy armor and survivability options. But that's what extra character slots are for

If a hybrid can outdps a pure dps class (i know there's no hybrid tax, just makes no logical sense), then they are doin' something wrong.
    There's no such role as Hybrid to be filled in a group setting. You're either tanking, providing support of some sort (often healing), or dealing damage. If you're doing more than one at a time you're doing less than those around you and thus making yourself worthless. Since the game won't support hybrid style effectively (scept maybe as a healer doing subpar dps in the back between heals) I don't see a reason the dmg out puit should be far apart outside the case of melee vs. range.

Deleted
    WoW doesn't have hybrid tax any more either. It's just a stupid idea; full stop. That's why it's not being used.

Be prepared to take a few bruises as you learn marauder, if you go that way. I've been leveling Carnage the entire time and it was difficult until I got Gore(level 30 I think?) I hear Annihilation has a much easier time leveling because of the sustain from Hungering.

Carnage is not a tree you want to pick up if you don't like pushing a lot of buttons though.

So far my experience with Juggernaut is that it plays more like an Arms Warrior in WoW. They use heavy armor, heavy attacks with a single lightsaber and deal a good chunk of damage.

Marauders resemble Fury Warriors in WoW, they dual-wield lightsabers, use medium armor and deal alot of damage in small bursts.

Basically, you decide whether you want to fight like Darth Vader and Darth Malgus or whether you want to fight like Starkiller from Force Unleashed.

I suggest you read this guide for Juggernaut DPS, it used to be stickied on MMO-champion and it's on SWTOR forums aswell; http://empirebailbonds.enjin.com/for...dps-compendium
    I.M.F - Imposing Misery Forever.

Q: What's the difference between fascism and libertarianism?
    A: Under fascism, you are starved of your freedom. Under libertarianism, you are free to starve.

15+ Year Old Account
    who are these people?

Juggernaut DPS is probably the WORST of all classes (specced for DPS) atm.

and is the WORST overall tanking class of all tanking classes (specced tanking) atm.

you would be wise to roll anything but a juggernaut.

Currently, roll a Powertech if you want tanking and to have good dps spec as well (pyrotech is really good dps)

PS: I run a level 50 juggernaut mainly tanking atm though.
    this post is laughable i was speced veng for a heroic bt and my dps was fine in tank gear imo sounds like you have no clue how to dps as a jugg

Deleted
    It's funny when people say that xxx class does more/less dps than other clasess without any kind of data available.

*This class sucks, cuz I feel like I'm doing less dps than anyone else herp derp*

Wait for the combat log bioware promised before making any claims, your gut feeling is not an accurate way to judge dps.

Go with what feels right for you. I went Juggy and tank spec from the beginning as I got tired of always recruiting or finding tanks in WoW. I am having a blast as well. I don't kill things as fast as DPS classes but they still go down fast with my companion. I am 41 now and have has no issues killing gold elites 2 levels higher then me, as in, I don't die unless I am not paying attention or I get the input lag (which seems to be happening a lot more on the higher level planets)

If you are going to go Maurader, read up on them. There are a lot of posts about them being underpowered and people complaining they have a hard time and need help with class quests, including the one in my guild. I haven't played one so I don't know but I gather he is not doing it right or isn't spec'd correctly or isn't using the right companion, I don't know. What makes killing elites easy for me is as a Juggy tank, I have several ways to interrupt them as well as defensive CD's. Not sure how a Marauder does it.