.avi to dvd burner?

Hey all, dunno if this is the wrong section, but I need a free burning software that can let me put .avi files onto dvd and have them play in normal dvd players. Is this possible, and if so, can any program that burns dvd support it? thanks.

Nero would be the best choice IMO.

The DVD Flick which is a free, open source DVD authoring tool available for burning the MPEG2 files to a DVD disc. For AVI files, you can use some free video converting program like Handbrake to convert it to MPEG2 format.

Did you try the Windows DVD Maker?

avi to dvd burner?

DVD Author Plus will do this for you. It is totally free, easy to use and works perfectly. It will burn video DVDs from your files that will work on any DVD player -

Windows dvd maker is pretty good!
    Or is it movie maker? anyway, I used that program a few times and worked great. Or try Nero and if you wanna copy dvd's use DVD shrink + Nero

I would give another nod to DVD Flick. I've used it for years and it works pretty well. You also do not have to convert anything before making the DVD. The program recognizes all .avi formats, even the HD ones, and converts them to DVD. They do NOT have to be in mpeg2 format. The program also includes ImgBurn, a great freeware burning app which can be used standalone from the same folder. You can also create menus for the DVD.
    Last edited by Dch48; 2012-01-02 at 04:18 PM.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD