Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smigglephor View Post
    The first part of my post was in response to Sillinoob and has nothing to do with the rest of my post. The second part of my post is stating my opinion about making rules against otherwise legitimate trade based on the magnitude of the currency involved in transaction. I personally don't play this game, and I don't really care if the OP ignores the warning and is subsequently banned for it. That's the rules. I'm simply saying that regulating the game's economy is unethical, stupid, and pretty much pointless. It doesn't affect me in a personal sense because I never had any intentions of playing SW:ToR, but it's still disgusting on principle.
    Sorry what exactly is the principle behind the regulation of a virtual currency in a game?

buying items and reselling them is a way to get banned in that game? Not sure I understand that one, it's like they are already trying to appeal to nubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Pervade View Post
    buying items and reselling them is a way to get banned in that game? Not sure I understand that one, it's like they are already trying to appeal to nubs.
    Well the "Banned for exploring high level zones" turned out to be an exploit where 1 person would use a character on each faction to flip the zone and another would sit there looting the nodes that spawn for huge amounts of credits.

I'm sure "Banned for using the auction house" will turn out to be something a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Careful, you might get a temporary or "permeate" ban.....
    something tells me a legit email about something like this wouldn't contain such a dumb typo, especially since its probably something that they copy/paste
    totally true.

Quote Originally Posted by Pymeran View Post
    Right, because taking necessary steps to protect the majority of the SWTOR player base it a bad thing.
    Banning the people driving the economy is not good for the rest of the players. Auction goblins regulate the economy and keep goods from drastically fluctuating in price. It's auction-casuals that try to become a millionaire with a single transaction and derail the whole economy. High-pop servers have a lot of auction goblins, therefor a very stable economy. Low-pop servers might have 1, 2, or 0 goblins and the server's economy is downright volatile.

A lot of people in this thread are overreacting what I see going on here is an awesome job of EA and BIOware to stop gold selling companies and botters from running the aution house like they do in wow . I personally think it commendable ... but they need to consider that making money is a fun part of the game for some people ...im sure it's a hard think to balance.

This is just another example of poor game design on Bioware's part. If they didn't want lvl 20 players wearing lvl 40 gear, then they should put level restrictions on the chest or gear itself. Simple.

As for the disciplining on their AH, it seems tome that the action might have been warrented. WoW does discipline its players for attempting to control the market. Although in order to do so, you have to have a good amount of "insert game currency here". I find it hard to believe someone could have that much currency in a game thats been out less than a month. Not saying its not possible, just not likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow I doubt the validity of this post but we'll put that aside for a minute. Assuming its true nobody got banned, nothing horrible happened. Someone got a warning. Happens all the time in these games.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Somehow I doubt the validity of this post but we'll put that aside for a minute. Assuming its true nobody got banned, nothing horrible happened. Someone got a warning. Happens all the time in these games.
    If this warning is true it's EA saying "Don't play my game that way!" which is a bit extreme. I can confirm though that forum posts about "AH Bannings/Warnings" are being deleted which just makes me think that they are legit and EA is trying to sweep it under the rug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    If this warning is true it's EA saying "Don't play my game that way!" which is a bit extreme. I can confirm though that forum posts about "AH Bannings/Warnings" are being deleted which just makes me think that they are legit and EA is trying to sweep it under the rug.
    One does not imply the other. Those posts could be getting banned for any number of reasons. That email hardly strikes me as being legitimate, and given the propensity of people to either fabricate or exaggerate minor occurances in these games I tend to lean on the side of it being fake.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    WoW does the same thing to people who juke the economy..

So does Rift..

Stop abusing (or trying) the system imo.
    Basically...THIS^

And this is why EVE got the best economy system of all mmo's.

auction goblins are keeping the market stable? are you trolling or? having to pay about 10x more for a item then its worth because someone has several milion gold (and keeps making exponentialy more since he can controle increasingly more items types the more money he has) just because someone set that price in stone for a item and keeps buying anything that is put for under his price is a 'stable economy'?

as several people said already, the high difference in charlevel/itemlevel banning wasnt because of the sheer exploring, it was because of a exploit. im sure that the reason why this guy was warned (if it was even real) wasnt because he bought/sold a few dozen of items, it was proly because he tried controlling the economy on a high scale; frankly, id rather play a game where they limit trade than a game where the economy is destroyed withing a week of its release (and lets face it, with letting players do whatever they want, low/mid pop servers will always have a few ah goblins controling the entire market by themselves)

Easy fix: stop merching in MMO's and just play the game. Nobody likes people who spend 99% of their game time just making money.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkash View Post
    Could be, or maybe, just maybe they are deleting the threads because they are based of a blatant lie and EA sees no reason to allow some troll to stir up the player base. na, that can't be it...............IT"S COVER UP

also the government was responsible for 9/11 and we never landed on the moon

Why is it every one of these threads with the ridiculous bans always has less-than-believable emails?

If you're going to make a fake, proof read it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Yeah, I'll never play that game, I was thinking about trying it before... but they have done nothing but disappoint me with all these stupid rules. Banning people for going to higher level zones and looting stuff? Banning people for making money on the AH? This company will never get a single cent of my money, ever.
    Have fun sitting in Orgimmar/SW then.

On a serious note: Does this affect the quality of gameplay? No. It just forces the elitist fucks who think it's cool fuck over the server's economy for your own benefits/gold selling to do the money like other people (kill bosses, do crafting etc).

15+ Year Old Account
    I've half million credits and I'm level 20 ish. No bans yet =) But if I ever get one, even a temp ban or a warning for that matter just because I play the Galactic Market, this is not the game I will continue to pay for. >:l

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Oh come on, you know the guy probably (if the OP is even legit) cleaned the AH out of some items and set the price to some ridiculous amount of credits just for his own benefits. And doubt this only happened once.