forbidden to dark?

alright so I have Artifice with Arch and Treasure hunting. Thought it would be cool to make mods for my saber. Come to find out I cant get the mods I want because it says forbidden to dark 1 required or something. Is there anway to get a green saber without this or how to do get this?

I mean Im purely dark side so i dont understand this.

I just want a green saber D:

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SWTORJohnny View Post
    alright so I have Artifice with Arch and Treasure hunting. Thought it would be cool to make mods for my saber. Come to find out I cant get the mods I want because it says forbidden to dark 1 required or something. Is there anway to get a green saber without this or how to do get this?

I mean Im purely dark side so i dont understand this.

I just want a green saber D:
    Green and Blue are Light only.

Red is Dark only.

Those are the only restrictions I'm aware of. If you really want a green you'll have to make some changes. Don't fret, I want a blue/black saber and I'm Dark II so far =/
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue/green sabers are Light only, Red is Dark only. I don't know if there are exceptions, but I'm sure you can find them if they are.
    You should probably have checked up on it before choosing Dark/Light >_>
    Stelmaria | Phantasien

Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.

Quote Originally Posted by sasslefrassed View Post
    Blue/green sabers are Light only, Red is Dark only. I don't know if there are exceptions, but I'm sure you can find them if they are.
    You should probably have checked up on it before choosing Dark/Light >_>
    I didnt think it was a huge decision wither or not my light saber was 1 of 3 colors lol kinda sucks.. well can I get my light up some? enough to get green but still keep all my dark?

Quote Originally Posted by SWTORJohnny View Post
    I didnt think it was a huge decision wither or not my light saber was 1 of 3 colors lol kinda sucks.. well can I get my light up some? enough to get green but still keep all my dark?
    That's not how alignment works. It keeps track of your light and dark, but your actual alignment is the total, with light being positive and dark being negative. Once you hit Dark I, you can't equip blue or green any longer. If you boost your light score, it will eventually become larger than your dark score, and you will become light aligned. But then you cant equip red.

So to answer your question, no you cannot be a slaughter happy dark side character with a green saber.

Besides, you do have more than 3 options, you also have yellow and orange

Quote Originally Posted by Crisiszone View Post

So to answer your question, no you cannot be a slaughter happy dark side character with a green saber.
    well thats about ghay but what can ya do

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want purple

Well, it's more logical than "ghay". In the films the only colour that the Sith are shown using is Red. The Sith are associated with the Dark Side, ehce why it's Red/orange on Dark and Green/Blue on Light. Grievous used Green/Blue sabers because he took them as trophies from other Jedi he'd killed. I've also heard that purple exists, but as I've yet to see one I can't confirm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thassarian View Post
    Well, it's more logical than "ghay". In the films the only colour that the Sith are shown using is Red. The Sith are associated with the Dark Side, ehce why it's Red/orange on Dark and Green/Blue on Light. Grievous used Green/Blue sabers because he took them as trophies from other Jedi he'd killed. I've also heard that purple exists, but as I've yet to see one I can't confirm.
    It does, but only seen them on level 50 PvP weapons so far

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Green and Blue are Light only.

Red is Dark only.

Those are the only restrictions I'm aware of. If you really want a green you'll have to make some changes. Don't fret, I want a blue/black saber and I'm Dark II so far =/
    actually you can be neutral and use ALL the colours! red is not "Dark only", it's "Forbidden to Light"

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
    actually you can be neutral and use ALL the colours! red is not "Dark only", it's "Forbidden to Light"
    Yeah sorry, thanks for correcting me.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard