Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    TIL it's pro to go against 1 guy with 10 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Right. That's why you tell all the level 14s you gank that they should have had a couple of 85s protecting them.

Look, I'm happy you have enough friends with the same dickish mindset to compensate for your lack of bravery, honor, or PVP ability - I really am. That being said, they don't belong in a place that's supposed to be unaligned chaos.
    Awww... another... wait..., wait... someone got ganked too many times and needs to vent it! ROTFL
    So now this turns from Darkmoon Arena into ganking lowbies... getting popcorn.
    At least I got and make friends, while you play your single player "forever alone" game.

Im fine with 10 people going against 1 people in a FFA game. It happens. However what is wrong with this is that blizzard didn't implement something which allows true FFA which is last man standing wins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyyx View Post
    Im fine with 10 people going against 1 people in a FFA game. It happens. However what is wrong with this is that blizzard didn't implement something which allows true FFA which is last man standing wins.
    They could make it an instance that is cross realm FFA.

They can not make it same-realm because some will help their friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Dont like the system?`dont do it - it is optional.

If you still want to do it, play their game and get some people with you.

And yes, I agree it should be real ffa instead of "ffa" 10vrest

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering I used to do Pro FFA Quake 3 and UT2k3 tournaments, I can tell you that the best players do NOT try to team up, because that results an instant disqualification. The best players got good with their weapons of choice, and dominated. If you tried to team up with someone, you usually got a bullet (or missile, or energy beam, w/e) in the back. You also scored the fewest points, meaning those solo players would destroy your scores.

So please, do explain how a "pro gamer" thinks "FFA" means "LET'S TEAM UP!".

Only reason it works in wow is the fact that you can group with people and not be hostile with them (ie Team FFA) in a non-team oriented environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Awww... another... wait..., wait... someone got ganked too many times and needs to vent it! ROTFL
    So now this turns from Darkmoon Arena into ganking lowbies... getting popcorn.
    At least I got and make friends, while you play your single player "forever alone" game.
    Yeah, you're right. You totally got me and now I'm raging behind my computer with my man tits and cheesy fingers. Get your rocks off yet? Yawn.

Honestly, you're trying a bit too hard. You just keep talking about your 'friends' and making vague insults about how we aren't as cool as you.

You will prefer to accidentally feed someone else (if needed) or pick a diff target 1st to kill, simple. Also you wrote it yourself "try not to" - thank you.
    Lightfist Im not insulting you, I dont see any name calling. I simply state again: better gang up and win, since you win then.

Quote Originally Posted by Vouksh89 View Post
    Considering I used to do Pro FFA Quake 3 and UT2k3 tournaments, I can tell you that the best players do NOT try to team up, because that results an instant disqualification. The best players got good with their weapons of choice, and dominated. If you tried to team up with someone, you usually got a bullet (or missile, or energy beam, w/e) in the back. You also scored the fewest points, meaning those solo players would destroy your scores.

So please, do explain how a "pro gamer" thinks "FFA" means "LET'S TEAM UP!".

Only reason it works in wow is the fact that you can group with people and not be hostile with them (ie Team FFA) in a non-team oriented environment.
    That works in FPS games because you can kill anything on sight and battles usually end within seconds from when you first meet the opponent. The map is usually bigger too.

It going to be hard to not to accidentally team up in the DMF one since battles usually last much longer and it is restricted to such a small area.

But I do agree that true pro players should kill everything on sight instead of trying to pick on the weak or team up until only friends are left in there.

Quote Originally Posted by FemaleGoblinMage View Post
    I'm all for a fair fight between big teams, even raid teams, but if you get some guy from a 25man guild with 10 players facerolling it, it feels like being challenged by a coward. I want to get a fair fight. I know getting others to help you might show "skill" but after a point it's just convenience. Some get an unfair advantage by just happening to be in guilds with 677 people.
    That's not what the word "unfair" means. "Unfair" is what happens when rules are applied differently to different people.

Fairness doesn't imply equal outcomes, only equal opportunities. It would be unfair if the other team was allowed to group up and gang up on you, but you weren't allowed to do the same thing in return. But you are. You just didn't. That's not unfair.

Do what you can to win, or wait until it reaches the same state Gurubashi Arena is right now.

Or become a God in PvP so you can take out entire groups of enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    That I win and you lose. Makes my day way easier to my benefits. I get the price, you dont.
    Plus I think you miss out what a PRO Gamer is and just normal players... but, whatever.
    "Hey guys, he just dissed our gang, let's go show him how tough we are by having the 10 of us beat him up!"

The more you talk, the worse you look.

---------- Post added 2012-01-02 at 12:28 AM ----------

For the record, I don't believe that the system needs changed or that it's unfair... but if it's a 10v1, there is no possible circumstance under which the group of 10 will look anything but terrible.

Deleted
    I haven't much to say regarding the actual topic other than the fact it should be capped at a certain amount of people. As in, you can't enter if you're in a group of more than 20 people. Or 15 people. More than that is just overkill and ends up in idiotic AoE fests (which mind you are also fun if the sides are balanced) which piss a lot of people off.

Anyway, just passing by to say whoever doesn't keep it in their pants is going to get shafted. The topic at hand is pertinent and if kept on track (though I acknowledge this is hard when someone's going about shouting that you have no friends ROTFL) can lead to decent discussions. If it's not, this will be closed and people will most likely end up banned.

Actually I changed my mind.
    Last edited by mmoc9b719c3609; 2012-01-02 at 12:52 AM.