DoT Timer addon with targetting function

Reposting from here; not sure which would be the best place to ask for this kind of help. Mods feel free to delete the other thread as you deem necessary.

Hi there,

I've just got my Warlock into level 85 and I'm really enjoying playing him as Affliction. In order to improve my DPS in multi-target fights (3+), I'm looking for a DoT timer addon. I've tried Forte, and while it helps me a lot, in situations where there are multiple creatures with the same name sometimes it takes precious time to figure out which of them needs their DoT's refreshed.

So, I've started to wonder if is there any kind of DoT Timer addon with a targetting function... think like Forte Timers that makes you target the affected creature when you click the timer for that DoT for quick reapplying.

Anyone knows if there is such an addon?
    85 Tauren Restoration/Guardian || 85 Troll Protection/Arms || 85 Tauren Frost/Blood || 85 Blood Elf Survival/Marksmanship
    85 Blood Elf Protection/Holy || 85 Orc Restoration/Enhancement || 85 Blood Elf Shadow/Holy || 85 Blood Elf Combat/Subtlety
    85 Orc Affliction/Demonology || 85 Undead Arcane/Frost
    Good players play, Bad players win.

This is not really possible due to a lot of restrictions Blizzard puts on addons. Namely, creating clickable frames while in combat.

One suggestion is a nameplate addon like Tidy Plates which can show your dots durations under the nameplates once you hover over the mob.

Gershuun @ Borean Tundra US - Interface & Macros Moderator

10+ Year Old Account
    How about replacement of the default Blizzz frames? That should be doable? I'm looking for one for multi-dot RAID boss fights. TidyPlates is just not feasible with the ginormous sizes bosses have in DS.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    I'd go with TidyPlates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekkeri View Post
    I'd go with TidyPlates.
    DOES IT HAVE a replacement for the Raid Boss Frames??? I didn't notice one? So no, we need another...

Tidyplates is only a replacement/enhancement of the healthbars visible above a target.
    To modify the boss frames then you need a unitframe replacement which will optionally replace your player, target, focus, pet etc frames too, which may not be a bad thing for consistency.
    stUF is one I would advise for that, since unlike pitbull which may be advised rather often it supports the boss frames without the need for an additional and 3rd party patch.
    Pitbull does not have that support in by default.

I would use Shadowed unit frames for it, Boss frames enabled and emphatize your own spells and show only your own spells,
    Together with Tidyplates this is your best option.
    I play a warlock myself and i dont really see any Boss fights where you need to focus on multi dotting that much
    On all the trash Tidyplates works best, Spine & Madness, yep Tidyplates.
    Shadowed unit frames is a Easy to setup Unit frame replacement and its lightweight aswell. No harm in using that.

On Add bosses it can be a complete mess when all your possible targets and alive adds show up in diffrent frames (bloods, blistering tentacles etc)
    Forte (if you like it, Quartz elsewise) SUF and Tidyplates is pretty much all you need in DS RF/normal. with DBM being in a good 4th place...
    This should give you all the information you need to know

That is a good point, and Shadowed Unitframes would likely be easier to configure than stUF and offer the functionality you were needing.
    Tidyplates tends to be useful when you need to see a specific buff/debuff amongst a group.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by niteline View Post
    I would use Shadowed unit frames for it, Boss frames enabled and emphatize your own spells and show only your own spells,
    Together with Tidyplates this is your best option.
    I play a warlock myself and i dont really see any Boss fights where you need to focus on multi dotting that much
    On all the trash Tidyplates works best, Spine & Madness, yep Tidyplates.
    Shadowed unit frames is a Easy to setup Unit frame replacement and its lightweight aswell. No harm in using that.

On Add bosses it can be a complete mess when all your possible targets and alive adds show up in diffrent frames (bloods, blistering tentacles etc)
    Forte (if you like it, Quartz elsewise) SUF and Tidyplates is pretty much all you need in DS RF/normal. with DBM being in a good 4th place...
    This should give you all the information you need to know
    No, no, no no... Tidy DOESN'T work well for me in Madness, because the plates themselves aren't realistically visible, because everything is just so frikin huge.
    And for the record... when you said DBM it just made your whole post moot.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2012-01-06 at 01:38 PM.

This is exactly what I was looking for. I wish the nameplates could just move to the side of your screen once you start throwing dots on them. This would allow me to multi dot with incredible effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by construkt View Post
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I wish the nameplates could just move to the side of your screen once you start throwing dots on them. This would allow me to multi dot with incredible effectiveness.
    There are in-combat limitations regarding what you can do with frames, so that itself is not possible.
    However you can have multi-target timers based on how long an applied debuff "should" last for if it ran its full duration.

Ellipsis @ wowinterface being one such example, though not updated since 4.2 so can't comment on functionality.

Apparantly a similar setup can be created in Raven also, a more general buff/debuff replacement that is kept more up to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    My gf uses ForteXorcist for it, but she usually knows where they are and keeps track.