Poll: Would you still play this if it didn't have the Star Wars brand attached to it?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Would you still play this if it didn't have the Star Wars brand attached to it?

(Be Honest)

Taken from the official forums.

Would you still play this MMO if it had nothing to do with Star Wars?

I voted no. Star Wars is great, this MMO is not great. I think it does the Star Wars name an injustice in all honesty. Looking at it as a pure MMO, i think Rift was a much more complete and enjyable game.

This just has too many bugs and incomplete features for it to be enjoyable for me. From a pure MMO perspective, it lacks attention to detail.
    Last edited by mmocb7de2a42c6; 2012-01-02 at 03:51 AM.

Deleted
    Judging by your previous posts, it was damn obvious that you'd vote no. But to the point - I would. It's a good start. Bugs are to be expected. Heck, 4.3 in WoW had my character stuck in a single place for a week (Just outside the old reforging building in Stormwind). Yeah, real fun that was. Even a 7 year old game has had its fair share of bugs. Once they are ironed out in this, this game will be fine. Finally, at least this game isn't pretty much exactly the same as WoW, as I found Rift was. I wanted something different, I got it. The story missions and Flashpoints are currently more than enough to keep me playing for months as it is. But alas! - It's only my opinion of the game. I may be having more fun because of the people I'm playing with. Who knows? Anywho, I voted yes.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The game is fun. I do not think it would be what it is though without star wars. I mean the budget, the hype and the designers would all be different if they weren't star wars. So the question in and of itself makes zero sense. If however (though impossible) that it was the same on everything minus being star wars yes I would play it as it is a very fun game.

I voted no, I leveled my bounty hunter merc to level 47 and I cant even bring myself to log in and get to 50..... The leveling is soooo tedious. People say its awesome story blah blah blah but the BioWare Conversational system is just a glorified way of handing out quests which are basically a copy and paste of WoW. Collect 5 of these kill 40 of those etc.
    I love the little niche things in the game like companions and crafting, but its not enough.
    Even with the starwars tag attached to it the games bores me to shit and thats just my opinion. I log back into WoW for my raids killing DW etc and im just sat here thinking... This game still got it. Gameplay, graphics, everything.
    I have to agree with the OP The MMO doesn't give starwars justice.

Yes I would. Games don't have to be perfect for me to enjoy them - I'm not a delicate princess.

I honestly wish we could stop getting hate threads on these forums. Would love some actual discussion about aspects of the game, and not just WoW people getting angry, and riling up the TOR community. The OP knows as much as I do that even people who don't play the game are going to press "No" on this thread, and after several people have voted someone's going to come in here and say "LOOK SO MANY PEOPLE VOTED NO LOL THIS GAME SUXORZ" thus bringing this thread down in a pit of fire like all others.

If I were a mod, I'd just close it now. The amount of trolling on these forums has become rather disheartening and tedious. I don't let it get to me, but it is rather discouraging towards the MMO-Champ community how many people just love to bring other down. I suppose the WoW side of these boards gets these kinds of threads too.

I stay out of the WoW side (except to discuss the latest raiding race, which is over now). Why can't you guys stay out of the TOR side?
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-01-02 at 04:17 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    I voted no, I leveled my bounty hunter merc to level 47 and I cant even bring myself to log in and get to 50..... The leveling is soooo tedious. People say its awesome story blah blah blah but the BioWare Conversational system is just a glorified way of handing out quests which are basically a copy and paste of WoW. Collect 5 of these kill 40 of those etc.
    I love the little niche things in the game like companions and crafting, but its not enough.
    Even with the starwars tag attached to it the games bores me to shit and thats just my opinion. I log back into WoW for my raids killing DW etc and im just sat here thinking... This game still got it. Gameplay, graphics, everything.
    I have to agree with the OP The MMO doesn't give starwars justice.
    See I go on WoW and ask myself 'what exactly am I accomplishing right now?'. I want to play it but every time I log in I just come to the realization that I can do LFR on alts for gear that I'll replace in the first zone in MoP and I am done raiding on my main for the expansion. Least ToR is something different for the time being.

I would, and will most likely continue my payment after the free month. The game has just started and they have some bugs/glitches, which for any new game you will have. The real test comes with how fast they can take care of the serious bugs/glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by micmacmo View Post
    (Be Honest)

I think it does the warcraft name an injustice in all honesty. Looking at it as a pure MMO, i think Everquest was a much more complete and enjyable game.

This just has too many bugs and incomplete features for it to be enjoyable for me. From a pure MMO perspective, it lacks attention to detail.
    I fixed your argument. Pretty sure we've heard the same thing ad nauseum for ever and ever. If you don't like it, get off the sub forum. Let those of us who play and enjoy use the forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a great game, but truth be told: probably not. It's because it's Star Wars, and not Generic Fantasy World XVII, that I'm so immersed in my character. I mean, maybe if it was Dragon Age or something but probably not. I couldn't get into Aion or Age of Conan because I just didn't care about the world. I prefer things I'm familiar with.

I think I might actually enjoy MORE if it weren't Star Wars; There isn't much 'mystery' left in the Star Wars universe after so many years. Still having fun though

10+ Year Old Account
    When it comes to hobbies, why can't people just say they don't like something because it isn't their thing? Why must there always be bullshit slung? If you don't like beef, you don't talk about how beef doesn't have the nutritional fortitude and flavor variations of fish. You just say you don't like it. What's so hard about that?

SW:TOR has plenty of content for a launch mmo and remarkably few bugs. That doesn't mean you have to enjoy it, but it does mean that saying it doesn't have those things is a bit ridiculous.
    Last edited by Beavis; 2012-01-02 at 04:25 AM.

Deleted
    Yes. I've also bought a Mass Effect, Dragon Age or Baldur's Gate MMO - all glory to the bioware!

10+ Year Old Account
    Like if it was mass effect instead? Yes.

Deleted
    Yes. If it didn't have a Bioware label attached to it though, then I would have thought twice about getting it.

If it weren't Star Wars, I probably would have bought it. Since it is Star Wars, I won't touch it. (Can't stand either the Sith or the Empire... not sure which is worse, the obvious evil of the Sith, or the "we're good until it's more convenient to be evil" attitude of the Jedi.)

15+ Year Old Account
    I love space based MMOs.

I am reasonable and I don't belong to the 'obsessed with entitlements', group of people/generation that absolutely expects everything to be given to them on a platinum platter.

So obviously, I voted yes to this moronic poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already know which road this thread will end up going, but I'll bite. I voted yes, I would however put in a little more thought if it was made by another company..... say Mythic or Bethesda instead of Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    If it weren't Star Wars, I probably would have bought it. Since it is Star Wars, I won't touch it. (Can't stand either the Sith or the Empire... not sure which is worse, the obvious evil of the Sith, or the "we're good until it's more convenient to be evil" attitude of the Jedi.)
    "the sith" are part of the Empire.

"the jedi" are part of the Republic.

Definitely would. Although, I would prefer a different dev. Bioware has been very disappointing as of late.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was a Mass Effect MMO I would still play it.