I have something in my eyeball...

For a few weeks I've had a small black dot in my vision. When I move my eye, it takes a few seconds for the dot to "reposition itself" within my vision, and that leads me to believe that it is actually inside of my eye. One of my greatest fears in life is eye surgery, and the whole "having to cut open your eye while still awake, and having to keep your eye still." I'm the kinda guy who can't even take eyedrops without freaking out. Will I likely have to face my fears to get whatever this is out of my eye? I don't imagine something like this being able to go away on its own.
    Oh aye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you looked in the mirror? there literally might just be something floating in your eye that you can take out with your finger or an eye wash, but if you hate getting eyedrops a eyewash will freak you out

go to a eye doctor,your best bet

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Have you looked in the mirror? there literally might just be something floating in your eye that you can take out with your finger or an eye wash, but if you hate getting eyedrops a eyewash will freak you out
    Yeah my first thought that it was something on the eyeball. After a good 20 minutes I couldn't find anything. I think I would rather use an eyewash than a scalpel, so I'm hoping it's just really hard to see, and not inside of my eye...
    Oh aye.

Dude that's your eye silly!

But seriously, goto the eye doctor, you really don't want to fuck around when it comes to your eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Colbor View Post
    Yeah my first thought that it was something on the eyeball. After a good 20 minutes I couldn't find anything. I think I would rather use an eyewash than a scalpel, so I'm hoping it's just really hard to see, and not inside of my eye...
    My family calls these pencil dots... small black dots etc. Yes they are inside your eye.

Got my first one in my teens and then noticed more in my 20s. Almost unnoticable unless I am staring at something and looking for them.

Interesting thing is you can move your focus to an object and away quickly and they will move position.

I dont think they are a big deal, my mom had them her whole life and still has her vision...

Good luck, just try not to notice them or else someone might think your wacked in the head trying to get them to move by twitching your eyes....

Deleted
    Could it just be an 'eye-floater' as Family Guy calls them?

Apparently the site AboutFloaters.com refers to them as eye-floaters too!
    Seems to be quite an interesting page, actually: http://www.aboutfloaters.com/

Well, it could be a nanosized particle on your vitreous body. Just go get it checked out by an eyedoctor. I have something similar on my left eye, although I can only see it when I'm looking at something white. It's nothing to worry about.

little moving dots in your vision are the result of the lining of the inside of your eye wall tearing and falling off. it never gets flushed out so the result is that you'll have little eye floaters that sometime make way in your vision for literally the rest of your life. it in itself is nothing serious but merely the result of something completely normal and/or serious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Well go see an eye doctor. If it comes down to an eye surgery, you won't have to be all with the "cut open your eye while you're still awake". For one, they will give you eye drops that completely numb the muscles so you can't even feel your eye. For second, your eye will most likely be operated on with a laser. So it's not going to be a scalpel chopping your eyeball open