1. #1
    High Overlord TurdChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outta here
    Posts
    117

    Druid PvP: running away - will it change in Pandaria?

    In arena feral druid (maybe even boomkin) just involves doing the old warlock trick of dot'ting and running. Can we expect anything different in Pandaria?
    Last edited by TurdChef; 2012-01-01 at 11:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    London
    Posts
    2,055
    Everything could change between now and MoP. Anything I or someone else is going to tell you is speculation and forall we know, will change.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal isowAkdeniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    73
    Why would you run as a feral? Keep spamming em!

  4. #4
    High Overlord TurdChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outta here
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Everything could change between now and MoP. Anything I or someone else is going to tell you is speculation and forall we know, will change.
    Boring, speculate please

  5. #5
    Feral dueling maybe... against melee classes... but definitely not arena.

    Even in a duel, have fun dotting up mages/SPs/hunters/locks well any ranged really, and running...

  6. #6
    High Overlord TurdChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    outta here
    Posts
    117
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprucelee View Post
    Feral dueling maybe... against melee classes... but definitely not arena.

    Even in a duel, have fun dotting up mages/SPs/hunters/locks well any ranged really, and running...
    Yes cat form versus warlock drain life + fear works very effectively in arena.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by TurdChef View Post
    Yes cat form versus warlock drain life + fear works very effectively in arena.
    Honestly don't know what you mean about cat form..

    Anyway, "bleed kiting", what you are referring to, is only effective versus melee, and mostly in duels/bg's IME. Target switching would be an exception, but you are not really running away.

    Against any range, or in arena, the name of the game is closing and staying on target. Partially because that is what generates CC for you, with combo points and swiftness, but also because about every single ranged class will be trying their hardest to kite you themselves or fear you away.

    Of course this is generalized, there will be micro situations you want to do other things based on cd's etc..
    Last edited by Sprucelee; 2012-01-02 at 08:28 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •