Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Don't blink when jumping between platforms on Deathwing

I'm busy maintaining 60k DPS on Deathwing when I go to jump to the last platform. I accidentally hit Blink while in mid-air and my character stops accelerating and falls. And dies. Moral of the story? Don't blink when going between platforms.

gg mechanics, Blizzard.

i approve and feel the pain of this message

You have interrupted the mechanics that transfer you in space out of your own volition.
    GG you.

Also, I'm soo going to try lifegripping people on that

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    You have interrupted the mechanics that transfer you in space out of your own volition. Blink worked exactly how it works usually when used in air.
    GG you.
    Luv this post.

It's pretty much your fault, if you blink in mid-air anywhere it either transports you instantly to the ground beneath you (which would be in the ocean) or makes you fall straight downwards.
    Don't fat finger blink.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actualy once bugged while flying betwen platforms , fall into water and i could swim in it and get out of map and didnt die O.O but when the raid summoned me back to platform i couldnt do anything like i wasnt there so i had to relog :P

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    I actualy once bugged while flying betwen platforms , fall into water and i could swim in it and get out of map and didnt die O.O but when the raid summoned me back to platform i couldnt do anything like i wasnt there so i had to relog :P
    Happens atleast once every raid to a random member in my guild (very annoying everytime)

Did blink myself once, mid-air, on that fight and ofc fell to my demise...
    I tried to blame it on a faulty blizzard mechanic. But when the main tank (and a fellow officer) asked if I blinked I just went silent and said an annoyed shameful "yes"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, it's a known issue, it isn't only broken for blink tho, you can't charge/goblin jump, anything like that while between platforms :P

It might have something to do with in combat and/or latency maybe?

My raid was waiting for someone disconnected to come back online, and I had full 3 minutes jumping between platform trying to fall down.... Tried mid-air blink, blink in the 180 degree direction, blinking right when i jump off platform, I even try iceblocking mid air etc. Nothing made me fall down and die. I was disappointed!

Don't blink, don't charge, don't sprint, don't ghostwolf, don't travel form, don't heroic leap, don't killing spree while jumping between platforms.

Deleted
    I've always wanted to slow fall someone just to see what it does when switching platforms...

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Also, I'm soo going to try lifegripping people on that
    Points you away, so you have to do it while jumping to the platform they're on (e.g. if they're on red, you'd have to jump from yellow to red and grip them midair). Has about a 50% chance of shooting them safely across the gap, and a 50% chance of causing them to plummet to their deaths.

It's fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    I've always wanted to slow fall someone just to see what it does when switching platforms...
    Oh man, don't know how I never realised this would be awesome. Will be trying this next week. Had so much fun in Throne of the Four Winds killing our Druid tank over and over and over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Don't blink, don't charge, don't sprint, don't ghostwolf, don't travel form, don't heroic leap, don't killing spree while jumping between platforms.
    Using Ghostwolf does not cancel the "jump" and is perfectly safe done it several times now with no ill effects.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

This is the best mechanic ever in LFR, not in the mood to do something? Kill yourself in the jump, say in chat: "dam bugs blizzard". Free loot ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    We had two wipes yesterday because people fell down. None of them were mages, nor did they do anything mid-air. This bloody jump is starting to become a lottery.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honzi View Post
    We had two wipes yesterday because people fell down. None of them were mages, nor did they do anything mid-air. This bloody jump is starting to become a lottery.
    Yeah, gambled and lost on my DK the first time I was there on LFR while jumping to red. Died, no rez, didn't release, but when the loot roll came up it wouldn't let me roll. I was not locked out previously. It locked me out and didn't let me roll. I was super pissed.

Deleted
    ... and don't bubble.

I don't know why, just don't do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Don't look away, not even for a second beca- oh wait... wrong topic. ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shendow View Post
    I did that once, nothing happens.
    You'll still land on the next platform where you would land if you didn't have any speed buff or slowfall/levitate.