Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[OFFICIAL] Arrow to the Knee Thread

So, MMO-Champion, what were you all doing before you took an arrow to the knee?

I was going to go for a walk outside at night, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

I can't take this "meme" anymore...

Not sure if it got closed or not, but I remember there being another thread on this, and really, one is MORE than enough.

Skelington was deeply pondering how unfunny and forced this meme was.

Deleted

I was going to reply to this overused joke that has been driven into the ground, but I *shoots himself in the head*.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Pretty much sums up everything.

Here you go:
    http://www.google.pl/search?client=o...FM3zsgbW3OSYDw
    And now let's leave this meme to die, please..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inzightlive View Post
    This and a thousand times this.

I ran into this meme late (I usually do find out about memes when they're already long dead and/or on their way out) but god, people sure hate this one exceptionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    I ran into this meme late (I usually do find out about memes when they're already long dead and/or on their way out) but god, people sure hate this one exceptionally.
    It was really never funny to begin with, and it grew so much in a short period of time, that's why the hate is strong.

Deleted
    This started as a trend, then "I can't take this meme anymore" started too as a trend, people just use the latter to get attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenom View Post
    This started as a trend, then "I can't take this meme anymore" started too as a trend, people just use the latter to get attention.
    Generally when something is overused, in this case, not funny, it tends to grate on people, not exactly a trend, seeing as this is something that's been predating the internet for years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Generally when something is overused, in this case, not funny, it tends to grate on people, not exactly a trend, seeing as this is something that's been predating the internet for years.
    Hahah, that's true, but the amount of "I can't take this meme anymore" I see lately on various websites beats the meme itself. "Oh yeah, let's just moan about that, instead of just ignoring it and let it die."

The meme's wrong anyway. In-game they say "Arrow IN the knee"

I used to like "I took an arrow to the knee"-jokes, but then I took an arrow to the knee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirman View Post
    I used to like "I took an arrow to the knee"-jokes, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Yo dawg...

Could someone explain to me where this "meme" comes from? Does it come from a TV Serie, Film? Ive never understood it at all and people keep spamming it on my server

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Could someone explain to me where this "meme" comes from? Does it come from a TV Serie, Film? Ive never understood it at all and people keep spamming it on my server
    It's from Skyrim. It's a quote guards say when you talk to them:
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vncIBREXCwU

sad thing about this meme is that I know about it without ever playing Skyrim >.<' That's how overused it is..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    The Fresh Prince of Skyrim.

Deleted
    The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim =D