Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Demonize her in every memory you have of you two.

Well, it worked for me, but my first ex was kind of a bitch
    If I can't be the sex symbol, then I can definitely be the BITCH

Deleted
    With the help of an old friend, Mr. Jack Daniels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arazor View Post
    So basicly i was with this girl for 2 years, they were the best 2 years of my life, i thought she was "the one" until things kind of went wrong, and due to circumstances i wont say here, we split up. Its been a while now, friends tell me i'll meet someone else and that it will all be ok, and i believe them to an extent, but the problem i have is this: I loved my ex too much for my own good.

Let me explain, basicly, i have no capacity to talk to other girls anymore, there are lots of them at work i could talk to, but i just.. cant. I seem to compare them instantly to my ex, making myself believe they couldnt ever be as good as her, i guess really i just cant see the good side of anyone at the moment, is this normal?

has anyone else experienced something like this?
    Not sure if your break up is recent. If it is, then that's how you'll feel for a while until you are ready to move on. Hopefully sooner rather than later. As for your incapability to talk to girls anymore, I feel is because YOU don't want to not because you are not able to. As for comparing your ex to other girl's instantly... you need to stop. Everyone is different, give it a chance, you'll find someone better. I did.

Time heals all wounds. So does alcohol and ranting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll pass in time dude. Don't go fucking another girl yet though, that might not be the best thing. But yeah, from previous experiences.. It always hurts, and talking to chicks, picking them up etc, won't go as easy at the start. Took me some good months to get over mine, but eventually it surpassed. If you're not "hostile" against eachother, a boost for me was to see that she moved on, which made me realize that I had to move on, and so I did!

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    3 months, 19 days, 7 hours, 45 minutes and 16 seconds.
    I must say, it is creepy that I needed about 3,5 months to get over my last GF, this could actually be pretty accurate!

But yea, everyone has gone through this, and if they haven't, then they will soon enough. It hurts, it sucks and memories will occasionally haunt you untill you die in the end. Love is awesome, but no-one ever said that love is kind to you.
    Originally Posted by Bashiok (Blue Tracker)
    Psshhh. Like I would actually bother reading a thread.

i buried myself in WoW after my last girlfriend broke up with me 4 years ago...still not over her, but thankfully WoW is still here for me. girls are too much hassle...masturbation is just as good.

Deleted
    Time heals NO wounds. This is a common misconception. The pain never really goes away, you will always remember her and what you loved about her, you just have to learn to live with it and learn from it. Meeting someone new and/or better is the only way to move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    So basicly i was with this girl for 2 years, they were the best 2 years of my life, i thought she was "the one" until things kind of went wrong, and due to circumstances i wont say here, we split up. Its been a while now, friends tell me i'll meet someone else and that it will all be ok, and i believe them to an extent, but the problem i have is this: I loved my ex too much for my own good.

Let me explain, basicly, i have no capacity to talk to other girls anymore, there are lots of them at work i could talk to, but i just.. cant. I seem to compare them instantly to my ex, making myself believe they couldnt ever be as good as her, i guess really i just cant see the good side of anyone at the moment, is this normal?

has anyone else experienced something like this?
    First step is to work on that self esteem, your post shows a very low amount of it. You do not need a girlfriend for validation.

Adele.
    Lots and lots of Adele.

never, really.. i still think about all of mine from time to time.. but after a while pain fades to regret, and maybe you find someone new.

Stop worshiping her.... WIN

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 03:54 PM ----------

making myself believe they couldnt ever be as good as her
    Where is your ex now? Reality > Imaginary (figure of speech) therefore, every other girl is better than her.
    Money talks, bullshit walks..

Stop looking for another girl.

And don't ever compare your new girlfriend (if you end up dating a new one) with your ex.

Also, go have some fun, take sometime for yourself, literally RELAX.

the help of random people is NOT a way to help you. stay busy with people you know in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by owenz View Post
    Time heals NO wounds. This is a common misconception. The pain never really goes away, you will always remember her and what you loved about her, you just have to learn to live with it and learn from it. Meeting someone new and/or better is the only way to move on.
    Lol... here's some mascara and a blade... keep it fresh man.

On topic: I don't think OP said how long its been since they broke up. Sounds like he has some unresolved personal issues, a bit too co-dependent. Perhaps some therapy could help. Learning to break up is a skill, like anything else. Eventually you get good at it and if you have developed enough emotionally, you can remain friends or friendly with the person. You can see them with their new BF/GFs and be happy for them. I don't think it is healthy for you to try demonizing the person to get over them, it just makes you a spiteful and hating person. I've had ex-gfs who handled breakups that way, let me tell you they were pretty miserable people(at times anyway). Acceptance and time.

Time will do it. Losing someone really isn't the end of the world at 14 or 17 it might seem like it, but in your 30 seems pointless to cry over someone. You will meet someone probably the next day if your still in school, or the next week end if you go to bars. Really nothing to cry about,

To be blunt you really only have two options at this point. Try to win her back or find someone else. Only you know if winning her back is even possible at this point so if not come to the realization it's over and move on.

The same way you deal with everything when you reach the point where you can't take it anymore

comment applies to..
    -losing weight
    -getting out of debt
    -forgetting about your ex
    -getting out of a bad relationship
    -assorted life shit because we are too lazy to do them.

Do what you should have done a long time ago.

You will just get used to living without her.