Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Does that mean that you do not care about a fix? Not everyone saying the game is broken is trolling. There a re a lot of players that really want everything to be fine and dandy, but it is not.
    I don't get you wow fanboys, 99% of you obviously didn't play that game at launch cause it was buggy as hell. But at its core the game was good, so you gave blizzard time to iron out the kinks, and enjoyed the game. No bug that I've heard of or come across is game breaking. I have faith in bioware. Mass effect 2 was buggy, but they fixed it. What's funny is you all sound like the everquest fanboys that hated on wow because of the bugs and long ques, ect..ect.. I just don't understand the mentality of fanboi's, if you don't lime something, just move on. It's almost lime your afraid that other people dont love the same things you do, so you have to validate yourself by hating on what they like. EQ fanboys looked pretty pathetic after awhile, I guess we can add wow fanboys to that list.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I love the combat system here! What lag?

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post

I have to mirror other people's thoughts on the matter. The 'clunky' combat was the final coffin nail for me. It doesn't feel good. Of course, 'feel' is subjective. It might feel good to you. Great, I'm glad you are enjoying it. I hated it.
    The clunky combat is a bug, though. It is not in the least intended, and when you aren't being affected by it, combat is extremely smooth. I'm sorry your play experience was ruined by this bug, but it is going to be fixed in a patch. I'm willing to wait for that.

Guild Wars 2 is the only other MMO up and coming that looks promising, and that does not have a subscription fee. I'm willing to give BioWare time to knock out the kinks.

hrm I have no problem with the combat. its not clunky, you just cant spam your buttons on casts. you watch your cast timer, when its almost out slap the next one. instant casts you can queue up fine. I have no problems with this, dont know why i keep seeing posts about "clunky or slow combat" turn your action queue off, that may help?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freshtendrills View Post
    It's your computer, you cant play swtor on your grandmothers 9 yr old laptop like like you can wow. I have NEVER had combat lag. I just thin everyone complaining should go back to wow. I hear theyre gonna have panda samauri's , awesome!!!
    No, it is not PC issue. It has already been acknowledged by BioWare as a target for a fix. If you are going to try to sound tough it failed, but you did get one thing right and a lot of people will likely go back to WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 11:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by freshtendrills View Post
    I don't get you wow fanboys, 99% of you obviously didn't play that game at launch cause it was buggy as hell. But at its core the game was good, so you gave blizzard time to iron out the kinks, and enjoyed the game. No bug that I've heard of or come across is game breaking. I have faith in bioware.
    I guess there is a first for everything. Never been called a WoW fanboy before.

What you need to realize is that BioWare is not competing with the WoW of 7 years ago. They are operating in the modern market, not the market 7 years ago. BioWare had some great learning resources during their design because WoW had already tried and tested many things. Programming technology has surely improved as well. They simply do not have as much wiggle room since they had so much more to go on than WoW did 7 years ago.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-01-13 at 05:52 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Deleted
    I guess there is a first for everything. Never been called a WoW fanboy before.
    It is the term a swtor player uses for anyone who dislikes his game, its even in the national encyclopedia (not)

I can't even motivate myself to buy it since beta. I find story very dull, compared to other BioWare RPGs, and gameplay is clunky and derivative. Perhaps just a LITTLE BIT less boring side quests and I would have been sold.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Diggasson View Post
    It is the term a swtor player uses for anyone who dislikes his game, its even in the national encyclopedia (not)
    Don't just limit it to SWTOR, it is WoW players too. The SWTOR forums are filled to the brim with people who complain just for complaints sake though, and the WoW forums are no different; it has jaded SWTOR players who attack WoW.

Don't limit it though, or you only make the problem worse.

Also, to Roose, that argument does not work. You cannot say that a game is "working with a modern market" as that is horse shit. A game does not need to be graphically superior, or appealing specifically to you, to be good. SWTOR today can be compared to WoW then, because they share the same genre. This isn't apples to oranges here.

Quality should be your concern, and SWTOR in my opinion, has quality and the chance to grow. Yes, it has bugs, but many of them are already in the works of being fixed, especially the "sluggish" combat bug many run into.

I'm no SWTOR sycophant, but it isn't a terrible game. It is far better than many of the MMO's currently on the market, most people though are far too coddled with how WoW has become, or too invested in WoW, to try something new.

I'm sorry your play experience wasn't too great, but to me SWTOR is a decent game on a dead market. I'm willing to give it to Guild Wars 2, especially since that game doesn't have a subscription.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-01-13 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bhearther View Post
    hrm I have no problem with the combat. its not clunky, you just cant spam your buttons on casts. you watch your cast timer, when its almost out slap the next one. instant casts you can queue up fine. I have no problems with this, dont know why i keep seeing posts about "clunky or slow combat" turn your action queue off, that may help?
    The classes that have the most issues with ability delay are melee classes using mostly instants.

Classes like the Sorc aren't affected much outside of horrendous looking disjointed animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    Also, to Roose, that argument does not work. You cannot say that a game is "working with a modern market" as that is horse shit. A game does not need to be graphically superior, or appealing specifically to you, to be good. SWTOR today can be compared to WoW then, because they share the same genre. This isn't apples to oranges here.

Quality should be your concern, and SWTOR in my opinion, has quality and the chance to grow. Yes, it has bugs, but many of them are already in the works of being fixed, especially the "sluggish" combat bug many run into.

I'm no SWTOR sycophant, but it isn't a terrible game. It is far better than many of the MMO's currently on the market, most people though are far too coddled with how WoW has become, or too invested in WoW, to try something new.

I'm sorry your play experience wasn't too great, but to me SWTOR is a decent game on a dead market. I'm willing to give it to Guild Wars 2, especially since that game doesn't have a subscription.
    Really, though, where have I ever said that I did not like the game? I love the game. However, the bugs are killing it for me specifically. I know that I am in the minority, but I also know that it is not simply a case of crappy PC because I run most areas of the game pretty damned well. It is pretty much ONLY the warzone performance and ability delay that is killing my enjoyment. I really want to play, but 10 fps is unplayable.

Yes, TOR is operating in the current market. They have an established competitor with some big guns. If TOR does not come through, and I must emphasize the "if", it will all be on BioWare because there is so much fan support for the game right now that only poor service on their end could kill it.

Again, great game. Needs some work though. That is my position. I would really prefer to play TOR and hope they step up and hit a homerun in the next few days/weeks - hopefully not months.
    I like sandwiches

Last night while in a hard mode I ran into a delay in abilities for the first time. Today it wasn't there. I would be spamming 4 or whatever (Force Scream) and it would just cause a GCD but not cast the spell. This happened with random abilities for most of the Flashpoint.

Also, Force Choke (for me) is instant cast but I have to stand still to cast it or I'll get the "cant do that while moving" error.

I can see if people constantly have that delay, how frustrating it must be.

Yes, I have pretty much decided to unsub once my included 30 days are up.
    And although questing is pretty good, there seems to be a lot of travel involved more so than I am used to in other MMO's, alot of that seems to involve obstacles where you can't go directly from point a to point b but must go around a lot of stuff, it may just be what I am seeing now so it might get better.
    The intolerably long loading pages is extremely irritating as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is keeping me to starting the game in the first place, seeing the amount of rage about this issue.

I will get myself a copy once this issue is fixed, but I have been told it could be a while...

Really, though, where have I ever said that I did not like the game? I love the game. However, the bugs are killing it for me specifically. I know that I am in the minority, but I also know that it is not simply a case of crappy PC because I run most areas of the game pretty damned well. It is pretty much ONLY the warzone performance and ability delay that is killing my enjoyment. I really want to play, but 10 fps is unplayable.

Yes, TOR is operating in the current market. They have an established competitor with some big guns. If TOR does not come through, and I must emphasize the "if", it will all be on BioWare because there is so much fan support for the game right now that only poor service on their end could kill it.

Again, great game. Needs some work though. That is my position. I would really prefer to play TOR and hope they step up and hit a homerun in the next few days/weeks - hopefully not months.
    I'm sorry if I came off acting like you didn't like the game. That completely was not my intention. I don't blame you at all for being disgruntled, and you are using criticism, unlike a lot of other posters that litter these boards. Believe me, I'm thankful and appreciate the conversation. So again, I'm sorry if I came off... Strong.

That said, I can understand why the bugs kill it for you. The combat bug bothers me to no end as well when I get it, and it does harm my play experience. Not enough to make me stop, but I do get rather frustrated. I am with you in hoping that it gets better and improves with time. I have faith it will, but that doesn't mean I am blind to assume that BioWare is immune to dropping the ball.

To offer my world view however, I play with my friends. I have a community of my own, without needing to start again like some people who leave an MMO, to join another. I can completely understand where you are coming from when you are fresh in a community, and the one thing you have to enjoy is not functioning properly.

So perhaps my view is a tad biased, as my experience has been very smooth so far, but I do see and understand where you are coming from. We can both hope for the best, I suppose.

Also, to Fairlycrazy, my loading times are pretty normal, perhaps it is just your computer? That said, I never found travel to be bad at all. Once you finish a quest hub, you are lead to the next hub via a quest, and most aren't that sparsely separated. The only thing that really bothers me much at all in the area of "travel", is the segregation of the factions to specific planets.

I realize that Coruscant (I think I spelled that wrong..) is essentially the Republics city, but I would like to be able to explore it regardless, and vice versa for the republic on Dromund Kass.
    Last edited by A Challenger!; 2012-01-13 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Challenger! View Post
    To offer my world view however, I play with my friends. I have a community of my own, without needing to start again like some people who leave an MMO, to join another. I can completely understand where you are coming from when you are fresh in a community, and the one thing you have to enjoy is not functioning properly.

So perhaps my view is a tad biased, as my experience has been very smooth so far, but I do see and understand where you are coming from. We can both hope for the best, I suppose.
    I tried to get some friends to come over, but everyone I know stayed back, so I joined a brand new guild for TOR. My experience would be overall better if I had my old friends to play with, but I was hoping to eventually convince them to come over. I guess you could say that I was the water tester. The only friend that I got to play beta had the same issues and just wrote the game off because he could care less about switching.

I wish people would see criticism for what it is. It does not mean that you dislike or hate something. I guess people just automatically assume the worst now. If I did not like and want to play the game I would simply leave it behind and either move on to a new game or go back to play with my friends (which I have done). I am not trying to be a miserable prick spreading turmoil. I just want to increase awareness of these major issues that a ton of other players just write off as user error or crappy PC. The more people that let BW know about it and give dxdiag logs the more info they have and the sooner they fix it.
    I like sandwiches

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try to like this game, but I can't, the combat delay just suck.

I've leveled 5 toons to 20ish now and one to 31 but I just can't get any further because of the delay..

Now my computer has troubles running the game, so that probably adds to the delay, but nevertheless it's there, even when my computer is going smooth, so I really can't see how people don't notice it...

But other than that it's a great game and as soon as the combat is smoothened (?) out I will probably try it out more, but for now I'm not paying anything until then.