Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I got little something to add to the DS tips section. Yor'Sahj is solotankable (atleast on 10), and glyphed Divine Protection is a godsent in that sense, being able to pop a -40% reduction for basically each time the debuff reaches 5+.

10man normal Madness is also solotankable, unglyphing DivProt is also worth it's weight in gold, allowing you to go Dream -> AD+DivProt (+SF if dwarf) -> GoAK + DivProt -> AD+DivProt on the platforms, while also being able to bubble the Second Impale + Bolt on the fourth Platform. (Our guild went Green -> Red -> Yellow -> Blue on the platforms so fourth was the only one where we couldn't get neither the corruption nor the bolt down in time) And solotank the adds on p2 with DivProt -> (SF) -> GoAK -> Dream -> AD (.> LoH if cutting close) to survive the tetanus-stacks.
    With one tank two healers you should have enough DPS to kill the tentacles on first three platforms in time before the second Impale and kill DW on p2 before second set of adds.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibramgaunt View Post
    This is true when you talk about about DPS versus Tank, but I still find it useful when it comes down to both tank threat. When we both want to keep the best possible rotation to maximize tank DPS, it helps to see if the currently offtank is about to pull aggro or not and to ask for/use hand of salvation accordingly. You often keep your vengeance for a while because of a dot or something, which makes both tanks high on threat per second (and in rag P3/P4, you are usually threat cap, so you need to be careful, not SUPER careful, but at least watch out)
    Why careful if threat capped? Can't get aggro w/o taunt ^^

Anyways, i just use a cancelaura RF macro, and try refreshing it instead of a holy wrath/consecration as a filler if possible.

if your DPS is high enough, you can solo tank madness with any class. You will only get one impale per platform, which gives you a rotation like this: first: dream 2nd: either lots of small personal CD from the tank or PS or guardian spirit 3rd: 50% CD from the tank 4th: same as number 2
    the tank will have his 50% CD back up for P2 and it's adds (and dream if he doesn't get shrapnel).

Quote Originally Posted by madmessias View Post
    Why careful if threat capped? Can't get aggro w/o taunt ^^

Anyways, i just use a cancelaura RF macro, and try refreshing it instead of a holy wrath/consecration as a filler if possible.
    2 very valid points, first one is just me being retarded and tired. A cancel aura RF is also good for a lot of situation if you are aware enough to re apply it.

if your DPS is high enough, you can solo tank madness with any class. You will only get one impale per platform, which gives you a rotation like this: first: dream 2nd: either lots of small personal CD from the tank or PS or guardian spirit 3rd: 50% CD from the tank 4th: same as number 2
    the tank will have his 50% CD back up for P2 and it's adds (and dream if he doesn't get shrapnel).

2 very valid points, first one is just me being retarded and tired. A cancel aura RF is also good for a lot of situation if you are aware enough to re apply it.
    Got a powerauras to remind me to refresh it Used to miss it before that so, also used to rightclick it off which didn't work at all (removing other buffs duh

Deleted
    if your DPS is high enough, you can solo tank madness with any class.
    doing it with a pally has the "backup" of being able to bubble the 2nd impale if it ever happens (likely on 4th platform as it comes about same time as elementium bolt.)

Updated the talents section, give me some feedback on whether it's good enough or not. And also if there is something you think I could have changed.

-The guide suggests Eternal Glory is favored, mandatory, and is very good for survival. None of those is correct. (Added survival could potentially be correct, I suppose, but by an extremely minuscule amount.)
    -Maybe my group's dps is kinda poor, but I've not needed Guardian's Favor to solo tank Madness.
    -The reforging strategy section doesn't mention an item with perhaps a rather high amount of parry or dodge, and a rather small amount of hit or expertise. There have been a couple such items where reforging the avoidance instead of the threat stat to mastery covered more of the combat table.
    -Abilities usage section describes each ability, but doesn't suggest a priority system for their usage.
    -In all occurrences, Seal of Truth was referred to as Seal of Thruth. Not a big concern, I just found it amusing.
    -In the tank stats section, why the notes on druids? Forgive me for saying so, it just seems a little bit pointless in a protection paladin guide. Though this complaint is a little silly in itself since warriors are also described throughout the guide.
    -Didn't notice it anywhere, so it might be worth mentioning that when figuring out whether one has full CTC, available raid buffs and consumables should be factored in (Purely 5-man tanks sorta disregard.)
    -Forgive me if it is rude to say so, but I think the Engrish hurts the guide a tad. Especially where it understates or overstates something's significance, or gives less than admirable, or perhaps just not the right kind of, information.

Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    -The guide suggests Eternal Glory is favored, mandatory, and is very good for survival. None of those is correct. (Added survival could potentially be correct, I suppose, but by an extremely minuscule amount.)
    ".... some may say it's mandatory ...." This does not mean it is mandatory, but just some people really likes the talent.

-Maybe my group's dps is kinda poor, but I've not needed Guardian's Favor to solo tank Madness.
    Not saying it's needed, just pointing out that you might find use of it.

-Abilities usage section describes each ability, but doesn't suggest a priority system for their usage.
    I'll write something on that

-In all occurrences, Seal of Truth was referred to as Seal of Thruth. Not a big concern, I just found it amusing.
    Me derping

-In the tank stats section, why the notes on druids? Forgive me for saying so, it just seems a little bit pointless in a protection paladin guide. Though this complaint is a little silly in itself since warriors are also described throughout the guide.
    I thought I'd might point it out, just in case someone having a druid alt.

-Didn't notice it anywhere, so it might be worth mentioning that when figuring out whether one has full CTC, available raid buffs and consumables should be factored in (Purely 5-man tanks sorta disregard.)
    I'll add it

-Forgive me if it is rude to say so, but I think the Engrish hurts the guide a tad. Especially where it understates or overstates something's significance, or gives less than admirable, or perhaps just not the right kind of, information.
    It's okay I do know my English is rather horrible, as it's not my primary language. So, if you do want to, you can "clarify" parts that you believe i should change, so it get easier to read (sending me the change in PM or something in that case).

Also, thanks for the response

i'll check the talents after my raid, but eternal glory is awful, it's not optional or anything like that, it's just awful.
    It doesn't provide any survivability (unless you really want to do an inquisition after just to get a 100bigger absorb on your judgement) and it doesn't increase your dps compared to any other talent

And again, glyph of judgement=25aps (absorb per second) so it's really really bad, and if you would want to go holy tree Judgements of the pure is better then arbitrer.
    And theres many dps talents that are mandatory that you just said were good etc (Sacred duty for example)
    Last edited by madmessias; 2012-01-05 at 11:00 PM.

I think I've clarified the mandatory talents, optional talents and weak talents with a picture that i added. Will take a look on the glyphs tomorrow, when i am awake again at least ....

Quote Originally Posted by MorphexEU View Post
    I think I've clarified the mandatory talents, optional talents and weak talents with a picture that i added. Will take a look on the glyphs tomorrow, when i am awake again at least ....
    That's better, but ardent defender as gray.. mistake i suppose
    Once again tho, eternal glory is 55 dps increase, 1point in reckoning is over 350-500 dps increase, and this is with using WoG on CD, which you obviously wouldn't.
    So still, please remove that talent from optional, it's just an awful talent ;x

Now it should be all good

Todo list for me;
    - Look over the glyph section.
    - Add rotation under the ability section.

Was there more?
    Last edited by MorphexEU; 2012-02-01 at 08:28 AM.

Updated the post a little.
    Glyph section re-done.
    Quick searching through the post keys added.

All the time I've been tanking on my pally i never thought of using inquisition. Makes sence now and just seems like a "durr" moment.
    Great guide and ill have to try that next time i tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurd View Post
    All the time I've been tanking on my pally i never thought of using inquisition. Makes sence now and just seems like a "durr" moment.
    Great guide and ill have to try that next time i tank.
    Inquisition really just came into play with the T13 2pc bonus.

May I suggest in your reforge section to give examples from current gear. This may help set some on the right path. There are also special cases where it may benefit you to reforge the avoidance stat over the threat such as tier gloves or vp back (which I think this was briefly mentioned in a previous post). There are many ways to reforge seeming how you can effortlessly reach ctc cap but the most important part of reforging is to reach ctc and everything beyond that is personal preference and is neither right or wrong imo. Also once you reach this level of game play I would hope you don't need your hand held or micro managed.

Deleted
    Nice guide. Thanks.

Please correct me, if im wrong: you wrote, that parry reduces the incoming (physical) dmg by 100%, but a little, bad part of my brain is crying to me, that it is only 50%. So it is dodge 100%, parry 50% and block 30% physdmgreduce.

gently greetings
    troxxes

@ troxxes

Parry is a pure avoidance stat now, meaning it is as valued as dodge because it "reduces" the physical damage by 100% (not 50%).
    And thanks

I'd just like to know how a 30% chance not to consume holy power on WoG usage increases survivability? You mean it increases DPS because when you need to use it, you may still have 3 hp left over for a SoR.

That doesn't increase survivability, it's still on the same CD and its not like the saved holy power helps you out 20 seconds later.

---------- Post added 2012-02-13 at 01:29 PM ----------

And just with bubble/HoP for madness... I assume this is only safe to use if you are 2 tanking? Or relying on a taunt macro and being able to /cancelaura correctly?

I'd just like to know how a 30% chance not to consume holy power on WoG usage increases survivability? You mean it increases DPS because when you need to use it, you may still have 3 hp left over for a SoR.

That doesn't increase survivability, it's still on the same CD and its not like the saved holy power helps you out 20 seconds later.
    Aye, you got me there. What the talent does, or well, opens for, is that you have the change to get both damage and healing out of the holy power with just one GCD in-between. So yes, you are not increasing your survival, but rather having a change to do damage despite that you just recently chosen to heal yourself.

So the talent increases your survival without loosing some damage, and increases the damage while you still can heal. If the talent proccs that is.

If that made any sense :P

And just with bubble/HoP for madness... I assume this is only safe to use if you are 2 tanking? Or relying on a taunt macro and being able to /cancelaura correctly?
    The original intention behind it was, infact, to solo tank it in 10man, and allowing you to take two impales on the same platform. A macro would be something like;
    Code:
    #showtooltip Divine Shield
    /cancelaura Divine Shield
    /cast Divine Shield
    /cast Hand of Reckoning
    This obviously require some good timing. And that macro is probably not very good for it, still, you want to use bubble during the cast, cancel it asap after impale hits and taunt the tentacle before it melees someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellivas View Post
    Inquisition really just came into play with the T13 2pc bonus.
    Wait what??