What new "type" of battleground would you like to see in MoP/future expansions?

It has bothered me since Cata's launch, so much hype on battleground combat, and we got re-skinned warsong gulch and arathi basin. Battleground pvp is rather stale imo. So what would you like to see put into the game that is mechanically different than the current 3.5 incarnations of pvp? (siege vehicles...meeeeh). I personally think breweries/bars is a golden opportunity for straight up drunken death matches in MoP, no nodes, no flags, just pure unadulterated mid fighting, and I for one would have a shit ton of fun. Anyone have thoughts on the matter, or even better, instanced pvp that worked in another game that WoW needs to steal?

I have an idea. I would like to see a "tug of war" style BG. For simplicity sake lets say a rectangle. Cut the rectangle into thirds and that line would be initial spawn points for each team. Instead of a small spawn circle it would be more of a line, one end to the other that you would spawn on. Point would be to get your team to move towards the enemy spawn location. But to encourage teamplay it would have to be the bulk of the team move forward in a cohesive way. (Think electrical overload on Hagara) The spawn point would float to be a certain distance behind your team. as one team advances, spawn follows up, one team fails, spawn point moves further back. So you advance and hold enemy initial spawn point for set period of time and win. Failing that, have a re-enforcement counter and timer to prevent endless matches.

I think this could be useful in both open areas but also maybe a city atmosphere. Would be cool to be assaulting a major capitol, or storming city walls on ladders.

Also, why always even teams? maybe have a smaller team defend a postion of strength (like a wall) with a larger force. trying to take it.

Anyway. I feel this could make bgs seem more fluid and get rid of flags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the sticky on MoP PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE