Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Seriously is bioware planning on making pvp brackets?

its starting to look like a joke now that alot of people are level 50. I havent been able to play very much since launch and im only lvl 24 but i did some pvp on the first day and it was fun when everyone was alot lower. Now its boring as fuck when you have level 50s running around raping the shit out of low levels, there really is no comparison. Anyone know if bioware is going to implement brackets?

I'm sure they will later on, probably a 1-49 bracket and a 50 only bracket. The game is 2, 3 weeks old. They're letting people level up so that the 50 bracket wouldn't be so lonely.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I'm sure they will later on, probably a 1-49 bracket and a 50 only bracket. The game is 2, 3 weeks old. They're letting people level up so that the 50 bracket wouldn't be so lonely.
    Indeed, there arent many 50s yet, you dont want to make them bored now. THey will implement brackets soon as possible, (possibly at the new content?) Just give them time. No MMOs can be perfect at release.

it seemed like an okay idea at first, but I do agree now that there is more 50's. some people are raging a bit too much, but a 1-40 or so and a 41-50 or 41-49 and a 50 bracket would work betterl

I know on my 50 Sniper if I see some low level I'll pick on them.

it is amusing to see some premade stuck with a lvl 11 sometimes.

Actually there are brackets but due to server population low levels or in some cases high level players might wonder off in wrong bracket .

5 warzones in a row as lvl 35 i encounter people 5+- lvls around me , next warzone we have 1 guy who is lvl 12 with us , warzone after that we have 2 lvl 50 guys with us etc

Btw this is on Tomb of Freddon Nadd most populated server in europe so if u are having problems with warzones its mainly because of population(rushing to lvl 80 back in wotlk was funny when u had to wait huge amounts of time for BG or to find groups for heroics)
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Actually there are brackets but due to server population low levels or in some cases high level players might wonder off in wrong bracket .

5 warzones in a row as lvl 35 i encounter people 5+- lvls around me , next warzone we have 1 guy who is lvl 12 with us , warzone after that we have 2 lvl 50 guys with us etc

Btw this is on Tomb of Freddon Nadd most populated server in europe so if u are having problems with warzones its mainly because of population(rushing to lvl 80 back in wotlk was funny when u had to wait huge amounts of time for BG or to find groups for heroics)
    There was a scalable bracketing system early in beta, but what you are describing currently is just a lack of certain players in different level ranges. You're seeing lots of people in the 30-40 range because that is where a bulk of players currently are.

this sounds awful. also, how big are the queues on your servers? some of my friends told me about 20min-1hour wait times on a normal weekday.

Its 3 weeks in to the game.. Give it a few months until they know there is enough level 50 for a level 50 bracket. It would be much more stupid to have a lvl 50 bracket implemented now.. And the queues would last forever because of it..

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    this sounds awful. also, how big are the queues on your servers? some of my friends told me about 20min-1hour wait times on a normal weekday.
    At most, 5 minutes, as Sith Empire, on a heavy pop server that's 60-70% (conservative estimate) Sith Empire.

As someone who pvp'd as a low level once or twice on the way to 50 I had no problems keeping up with higher level players. The only people at a huge disadvantage for low level PvP are healers as they're not getting their deep talents yet (where all the goodies are). But otherwise if you have at least the baseline ranks trained for your abilities everything is boosted up to level 50 anyway.

L2P issue, just like the hundreds of keyboard turners I saw last night.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    As someone who pvp'd as a low level once or twice on the way to 50 I had no problems keeping up with higher level players. The only people at a huge disadvantage for low level PvP are healers as they're not getting their deep talents yet (where all the goodies are). But otherwise if you have at least the baseline ranks trained for your abilities everything is boosted up to level 50 anyway.

L2P issue, just like the hundreds of keyboard turners I saw last night.
    I think you missed the issue here.

Deleted
    The lvl 50´s have way more CC.

As a sith sorcerer Ive been kicking ass in battlegrounds (Particularly the huttball one) with overload (aoe knockback).

Its almost impossible to get past a well played sith sorcerer in huttball. The only ones that get past me are the ones with some high level ability where they turn yellow and cant be knocked back or stunned

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    I think you missed the issue here.
    OP is a low level player with a L2P problem fighting vs more and more level 50's and has a complaint. What other issue is there?

I don't think PvP brackets are a solution as at some point it will be impossible to get into a low level PvP game since everyone is farming on their high level characters. What games with a bolster system need is some kind of matchmaking. By level and by valor. So you get a nice game of noob v. noob ranging from 20-50 and the other game is pro v pro with everyone being level 50 and valor 40+. Hell, one could even take spec into account so you'd get some tanks/ranged/healers on both sides. That would be wonderful for random PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    I don't remember waiting more than 5 minutes but I play republic on a highly populated server.

Deleted
    agree,

just finished playing and came here to make a post but ill do it here,,

the pvp is starting to feel like the old wow low level pvp.. you go in at 10 and get raped by level 19's

like there now.. just before i closed game. I was in a Hutt ball bg, im level 22 inq sorcerer,
    everyone was moaning about a level 50 operative,

then i met him and I know why they were moaning.. I don't know their moves haven't played one.. but they have that knock-down move.. he basically just came up stealth. knocked me down and 2 shot me.. hitting me for over 5k a hit.. had no chance. was dead within 2 seconds..

really felt like wtf am i back playing the old wow low level brackets..

level 50s need their own bracket and leave us the fook alone to enjoy the pvp and not get raped

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    They're letting people level up so that the 50 bracket wouldn't be so lonely.
    source on this?

Id be fine with 1-49 and 50.

I think it should be cross realm , though, I'm cool with no dungeon finder, I totally understand the issues it caused and how it was ruinous to a community but I think just goofy match based PvP is different

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    source on this?
    There is no official source to quote but there was a system early beta that matched similar levels with each other which was removed soon after because the queues took long. So I think people are assuming, as I am, that once there are more players who leveled their toons, they will introduce that system to the game but they didn't do it at release to ease the waiting times.