Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like that the level 10's get a buff to put them in line with a 50 (just less options which should mean death) - gives viable targets who have a fighting chance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    I like that the level 10's get a buff to put them in line with a 50 (just less options which should mean death) - gives viable targets who have a fighting chance.
    yeh seems fair. after all they are not one shooting.. they got to put some effort in and click the button twitch for a kill. / Sarcasm,

have a look.. like i said in my last post.. its starting to feel like low level wow brackets all over again.. dying in one stunlock from rogue/druid

Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    source on this?
    Common sense? Why would you make a level 50 bracket when the level 50 bracket is still tiny? It would make queues long.

Jesus. It's like saying "water is a liquid" and someone asking for a source.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Jesus. It's like saying "water is a liquid" and someone asking for a source.
    Nevermind

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    I think the main problem is the amount of spells/abilities that a level 50 can use as oppose to very few that a level 10 got. Yes the whole averaging health and other stats makes PvP certainly easier for lower levels but in the end they don't stand a chance to survive against a higher level doesn't matter how skilled they are (that is unless the higher level player is a fail).

Quote Originally Posted by Pymeran View Post
    I think the main problem is the amount of spells/abilities that a level 50 can use as oppose to very few that a level 10 got. Yes the whole averaging health and other stats makes PvP certainly easier for lower levels but in the end they don't stand a chance to survive against a higher level doesn't matter how skilled they are (that is unless the higher level player is a fail).
    Could be worse, at least by upscaling low level player stats and abilities to level 50 in BG's keeps the level 50's from getting bored and camping your ass on Tatooine.

Silver linings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    camping your ass on Tatooine.
    LOL, yeah that is why I am playing on a PvE server right now, decided I didn't want the world PvP experience right at the start

One can only hope that brackets will come into the game once enough people hit lvl50.

What people don't understand is, removing the 1-50 bracket would destroy queues in the long run. This isn't WoW - BGs are not cross server. We are enjoying our quick queues because 1-50 is there. Right now if they separated the 1-49s from the 50s, the 50s would be waiting hour long queues.

Maybe in a month or two. Besides, getting to level 30+ doesn't take THAT long, and by the time you're 30+ you can PvP competitively with bolster against 50s.

Like the person above said get to 30 or so before grinding pvp. You'll have more fun than at lower levels.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    By all means I dont think its even; or fair... but its not a true level 10 vs a level 50. Im leveling an alt who is 13 right now (omg I need speed!) and I can hold my own against the 30's and below; for a 50 I can keep them busy enough until help arrives.

I dont think no-brackets are fine, I like the 10-49/50 idea - but its not like you get a BOA 29 and just take over a BG.

What people don't understand is, removing the 1-50 bracket would destroy queues in the long run. This isn't WoW - BGs are not cross server. We are enjoying our quick queues because 1-50 is there. Right now if they separated the 1-49s from the 50s, the 50s would be waiting hour long queues.

Maybe in a month or two. Besides, getting to level 30+ doesn't take THAT long, and by the time you're 30+ you can PvP competitively with bolster against 50s.
    This strategy implies that everyone else is going to get lvl30+ before PvPing. Playing as a lvl42 Jedi Sentinel, I find that the problem is not competing against lvl50s, but the fact that the rest of my team typically consists of mostly lvl10-25 people who are nearly useless against the lvl50s.

It doesn't help that the Republic on my server almost always seems to be lacking lvl50s of their own, as opposed to the Empire which have 2+ at all times.

I just find it strange that there are not brackets in pvp, it only makes sense. If i were leveling a character in WOW and wanted to mix things up and queue for a BG only to find myself pitted against level 85 players that would really not be the most enjoyable experience. Also pvp is considered by many to be 'end game' if you hit level 50 and want to begin your ascent to being the most badass empire/republic jedi killer how does killing lowbies fit into that plan? Sounds pretty bad to be honest although it may only be a matter of time before most of the population is level 50 at which point they may implement pvp brackets. Who knows though.

The problem isn't just the additional abilities, its that the prime pvp stat (expertise) is mostly only available to level 50s. A full pvp set is providing them 20% more damage, 20% damage reduction, and a 20% healing increase.

That's about a 40% difference in damage output, and thats before you even consider the extra abilities and his "normal" stat advantages.

Its not a horrible problem right now since there are few 50s and even fewer with pvp gear. However, its a situation that will continue to worsen everyday. Not just for the low levels, but for the 50s who get stuck with them on their teams.

If they aren't ready to implement a 50 only bracket, then they should make expertise more available to the lowbies.

Deleted
    As someone who pvp'd as a low level once or twice on the way to 50 I had no problems keeping up with higher level players. The only people at a huge disadvantage for low level PvP are healers as they're not getting their deep talents yet (where all the goodies are). But otherwise if you have at least the baseline ranks trained for your abilities everything is boosted up to level 50 anyway.

L2P issue, just like the hundreds of keyboard turners I saw last night.
    You have 12k hp, they have 17k hp. Ranged classes don't even bother kiting me - we just stand facing each other dpsing and I get outdpsed BADLY.

Your enemies have l2p issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    The problem isn't just the additional abilities, its that the prime pvp stat (expertise) is mostly only available to level 50s. A full pvp set is providing them 20% more damage, 20% damage reduction, and a 20% healing increase.

That's about a 40% difference in damage output, and thats before you even consider the extra abilities and his "normal" stat advantages.

Its not a horrible problem right now since there are few 50s and even fewer with pvp gear. However, its a situation that will continue to worsen everyday. Not just for the low levels, but for the 50s who get stuck with them on their teams.

If they aren't ready to implement a 50 only bracket, then they should make expertise more available to the lowbies.
    You guys are complaining way too early. By making a 50 only bracket now, you would only be doing NOTHING but cursing level 50s to long queues, and then we would get threads about "MAKE CROSS SERVER BECAUSE QUEUES ARE SO LONG." Wait a month or two, when the 50 population is self-sustainable for its own pvp and quick queues.

Could be worse, at least by upscaling low level player stats and abilities to level 50 in BG's keeps the level 50's from getting bored and camping your ass on Tatooine.

Silver linings.

The problem isn't with the scaling of abilities or health (50's have a lot more abilities which helps a great deal).

It's that 50's gain access to expertise, which, if you've played on a 50 with pvp gear you'll know anything under you just stands NO chance.

I was using the 15% expertise for 25 second packs at 48 as a sorc healing spec and straight blowing up anything I targeted, that's not right.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Bloodsail Admiral Melanieshaman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes 50s are getting their own bracket as soon as BW sees there's enough 50 pvping to warrant it.

You guys are complaining way too early. By making a 50 only bracket now, you would only be doing NOTHING but cursing level 50s to long queues, and then we would get threads about "MAKE CROSS SERVER BECAUSE QUEUES ARE SO LONG." Wait a month or two, when the 50 population is self-sustainable for its own pvp and quick queues.
    I'm not complaining about anything. I'm just disputing the idea that getting to "30" will magically fix the problem.

That said, I am of the opinion that if people want to rush to 50 then they should expect it to be loney at the top. I'd much rather they sit in long queues vs ruining pvp for everyone else.

Honestly, the game should not be pvp-oriented. I think they only added warzones to appease those people who are used to organized pvp. While leveling I've seen maybe....2-3 jedi on every planet, and it's a pvp server. The game as a whole needs to not stick with the mentality of "sitting in my city is fun lolol". Instead, they honestly should remove warzones.

I understand where you're coming from. It's frustrating if you aren't 50 and you are trying to enjoy yourself pvping, but at the same time you have to admit that killing someone in world pvp without any assistance from another person is infinitely more rewarding than in a warzone.

Besides, until they fix that ridiculous character response lag, pvp itself is kinda clunky. Though it's enjoyable sometimes.