Thread: Soul Swap

10+ Year Old Account

Soul Swap

Something I've always wondered, but never knew and makes me uneasy to use Soul Swap when I know I just put up a buffed set of dots, especially with BoD.

Unglyphed: If I pop CDs (DS, a trinket maybe, pot, etc) and put my dots on target A. Then a little while later, with some of these buffs/procs no longer there, I have to Soul Swap to remove all my dots from target A then put them on target B. Are they buffed to the same magnitude from when I took them off? Or are they put up with my current buffs in mind? (where by now, my DS/Trinket/pot/etc have fallen off) Let's assume I perform my initial opening on both target A and B the same, with having SnF and Haunt debuff up before dotting.

Glyphed: Pretty similar situation here, but here are the dots I put on target B exact copies of the dots buffed to the same magnitude as on target A? And what about BoD? It gets moved from target A to B, but does it stay the same buffed or do the dots I put on target B look only at my current buffs when they get applied? With the same initial opening assumption for both targets before dotting.

I'm almost certain they do not keep the buffs. I'm pretty sure it applies the same dots you had, at max duration, with current buffs/debuffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly I figured so, just wanted to be sure

Deleted
    Whether you transfer or copy the dots, the new ones are "new" dots, in that they take account of the buffs on you when the exhale hits the target, not the buffs that were present when the original dots were applied initially.