Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    well she won't make it to 50 thats for sure...

10+ Year Old Account
    Did anyone else come to this thread thinking that this was about Azura's Star? ><

But yea, some people really have some issues, if only they could get help.

The amount of maturity and understanding being shown in these comments really warms my heart

Some people might find it hilarious when I gag at the smell of a certain toothpaste, but I once got that very toothpaste down in the wrong way and almost choked on it. I was seeing spots and about to fall over when my heavy coughing finally got it up, and I was coughing so hard that it hurt to breathe for days afterwards.

Yes, she can probably get over this, but it's not funny, hilarious, nothing for any sane person to get angry over...it's her problem and she obviously needs to work on that because this diet just ain't good for her, on so many levels.

---------- Post added 2012-01-03 at 02:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by joopxiv View Post
    Very efficient advertisement against cheese potatoes. What the hell is that anyway? Sounds like something you eat when you forgot to buy food and find your fridge empty besides that.

And please... "Selective Eating Disorder"? Being a spoiled brat is now a psychological condition? I've got two very effective treatments for that:
    1) Starve the person for a week and then give him a plate of whatever food the "disorder prevents the consumption of".
    2) Shove a funnel down their throats, if it works with geese it can work for you!

Damn, these people should be denied health care at all. If they choose to have a heart attack before they're 40 years old, we can only make sure they enjoy it for the full duration and maximum result.
    And what's your professional opinion on Anorexia nervosa then? Or Bulimia? You must be such a wonderfully educated and reasonable person.

10+ Year Old Account
    seriously you guys are assholes. I'm ashamed that the off-topic forum moderators allowed such ignorant posts to be put up here without at least trying to say, "hey, be somewhat respectful at least to someone that has a problem" . to those with the mindsets of "Gee i dont know anything about an eating disorder so im going to post about how horrible this person is." & "Amg she cried because she saw a veggie lawl what a loser", Piss off.

Maybe its the fact that she realizes how bad her disorder is and the fact that she is not able to (psychologically at least) eat anything else and it saddens that she's like this? How about you laugh at a video of a schizo who cannot stop his hallucinations and cries because he can't get control of his life as well? Or would you rather laugh at a mentally retarded person? Both are psychological disorders as well; why give this one any special exception.

Btw, for those unable to realize this, there is more than one eating disorder. Like a post above stated a few of them: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, as well as Binge eating and Night eating syndrome and others. Maybe if people took a few steps back and didn't try to see the forest for the trees, we wouldn't have such horrid thoughts towards others just because they have not had any proper help.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    seriously you guys are assholes. I'm ashamed that the off-topic forum moderators allowed such ignorant posts to be put up here without at least trying to say, "hey, be somewhat respectful at least to someone that has a problem" . to those with the mindsets of "Gee i dont know anything about an eating disorder so im going to post about how horrible this person is." & "Amg she cried because she saw a veggie lawl what a loser", Piss off.

Maybe its the fact that she realizes how bad her disorder is and the fact that she is not able to (psychologically at least) eat anything else and it saddens that she's like this? How about you laugh at a video of a schizo who cannot stop his hallucinations and cries because he can't get control of his life as well? Or would you rather laugh at a mentally retarded person? Both are psychological disorders as well; why give this one any special exception.

Btw, for those unable to realize this, there is more than one eating disorder. Like a post above stated a few of them: Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, as well as Binge eating and Night eating syndrome and others. Maybe if people took a few steps back and didn't try to see the forest for the trees, we wouldn't have such horrid thoughts towards others just because they have not had any proper help.
    You make fair points, but the clip is from a TV show, so I guess take some of those complaints to the producers if you feel so strongly. As for our actions on the forums, we do our best to cleanup any inappropriate comments. If you see something that is inappropriate you're welcome to report it. People will always make dumb comments when things are anonymous like on these forums. I wouldn't put too much stock into what they say. These forums are for fun after all...

But she's not even trying to fix it

15+ Year Old Account
    For all those people saying that there's no way she could survive without having some veggies and stuff in her diet for vitamins and minerals don't realize that the show doesn't address what she drinks and/or if she takes a daily vitamin. If she drank ensure/protein shakes/V8 Splash that would explain how she's still alive by only eating potatoes and cheese.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    You make fair points, but the clip is from a TV show, so I guess take some of those complaints to the producers if you feel so strongly. As for our actions on the forums, we do our best to cleanup any inappropriate comments. If you see something that is inappropriate you're welcome to report it. People will always make dumb comments when things are anonymous like on these forums. I wouldn't put too much stock into what they say. These forums are for fun after all...
    Fair enough lol. I just felt like a good rant was needed in favor of the argument. :P It sucks that anonymosity will tend to bring out the horrible sides of people though (myself included i admit) What scares me most though is that people feel entitled to stating their opinion/voting/making a decision without much if any prior knowledge or intel on the subject whatsoever. But i guess that's why we have news media and shows like this to help guide the flock. :/
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

a wild snorlax appears

10+ Year Old Account
    why would you ever marry her? she's friggin disgusting in every way imaginable.

Let's pretend that eating disorders are medical conditions not brought about by pathology.

Because, at some level, it is a psychosis. There are institutions to house and care for people who suffer from such severe psychotic episodes.

Or, wait. Is repeatedly engaging in behavior proven to be self destructive not psychotic?

I have no sympathy, much as I have no sympathy for serial killers or sociopaths. People this far gone do not inhabit the same reality as the rest of us.

Kindly step out of the gene pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    She was molested by a plate of cheesy potato's?
    Pretty disappointed to see this as a response from a mod, in response to someone talking about psychological trauma happening to children.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    Pretty disappointed to see this as a response from a mod, in response to someone talking about psychological trauma happening to children.
    why? Because his/her opinion doesn't match that of a minorities?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    Well....I don't think she was fat at the time?(or only a little)

10+ Year Old Account
    That's hilarious. It's like a sketch from the Fast Show or something.
    Surely she should have died though from such a wacky diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Let's pretend that eating disorders are medical conditions not brought about by pathology.

Because, at some level, it is a psychosis. There are institutions to house and care for people who suffer from such severe psychotic episodes.

Or, wait. Is repeatedly engaging in behavior proven to be self destructive not psychotic?

I have no sympathy, much as I have no sympathy for serial killers or sociopaths. People this far gone do not inhabit the same reality as the rest of us.

Kindly step out of the gene pool.
    pathological psychosis is usually a disregard for others. she doesn't do something knowing that it hurts other people and still does it for her own personal gain, she does something self destructive because she's compelled to do it. self destructive behavior and serial killers and sociopaths are worlds apart and its laughable that you compare the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    She was molested by a plate of cheesy potato's?
    I was seeing the lighter side of a most serious mental/eat disorder.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    why? Because his/her opinion doesn't match that of a minorities?
    because it's not civil or mature. You're making fun of a condition more than likely brought on by trauma by making light of another already severely traumatic situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    The evidence for leprechauns is immense - do you know how many socks dissappear on the world scale... This means that the chance of leprechauns exists is the same as them not existing - therefore you cannot deny their existence

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    This also, her husband seems like the kind of guy that could get a good looking wife. Why would you put up with that? Seems like some kind of psychopathic eating disorder, how long can she live like that? Dont you want your wife to be there when you have grandkids? Dont you want to have a somewhat attractive wife to have sex with for the next howevermany years?

Quote Originally Posted by Providence View Post
    pathological psychosis is usually a disregard for others. she doesn't do something knowing that it hurts other people and still does it for her own personal gain, she does something self destructive because she's compelled to do it. self destructive behavior and serial killers and sociopaths are worlds apart and its laughable that you compare the two.
    That isn't what psychosis means. Google it.